BPsite Forums
March 28, 2024, 04:30:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: The Movies  (Read 73959 times)
Galmort

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2005, 01:35:43 AM »

Post your thoughts about movies you've seen. I'd rather see more recent movie reviews in here but thats just me, and who listens to me...i'm quite a common movie goer being that i get to for free so i should be able to tell you how the newer once are..

Yesterday i saw A History Of Violence. don't see it. there were like two good ass-whoopings but thats all they were, not even challenged fights these guys just owned the other people...i had expected more from Viggo Mortensen but of course that is just because of LOTR

Also saw Wallace and Gromit recently, which lives up to its predecessors but probably only because i wanted more really badly. It definitely was a good movie, but probably only a one timer for the theater if you're paying. i dono, i'm not good at this..but i liked it.
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 02:43:21 AM »

I plan on seeing Wallace and Gromit.  I'm not a movie goer, $10... so I tend to only see what are supposed to be the “better movies”… IMHO, there aren’t many… Sad  

*was here
Godfather

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 05:18:12 AM »

Last movie I saw was Waiting (if you don't count HBO.)  Movie had no story line, but if you are a teenager, then it is hilarious.

You will get scarred for life in one part though.

mole

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 12:44:45 PM »

all the wallace and grommit props and characters got burned last week in a warehouse fire

havent been to the cinema for ages but i think the last film i saw was...the island, not bad, made better by scarlet johanson

batman begins though is top notch, if you see it on DVD get your wallet out there and then

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
Godfather

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 05:06:32 PM »

I must say, Batman Begins was the best summer movie, then Wedding Crashers, then Red Eye.

Galmort

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 06:01:01 PM »

havent been to the cinema for ages but i think the last film i saw was...the island, not bad, made better by scarlet johanson

batman begins though is top notch, if you see it on DVD get your wallet out there and then
i agree with batman begins, and probably would for the Island but i was in montana when it came out and it didn't last long...so i haven't seen it yet
mole

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 06:05:27 PM »

charlie and the chocolate factory freaked me out, the whole clones in tight latex thing...was wrong. plus johnny dep doing a michael jackson impression

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2005, 08:02:56 PM »

Wallace and Gromit was great, just came back from it, definatly worth a see.

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
Arkanor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2005, 09:28:51 PM »

Do not even bother renting Triple X: State of the Union.  I rented it yesterday and now I'm considering burning my eyes out with cigarettes.  

Being a good example is hard.  I’m trying to serve as a horrible warning instead.
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2005, 10:16:32 PM »

all the wallace and grommit props and characters got burned last week in a warehouse fire

Shocked I didn't know that!! That's so sad!!

on that note, I also liked Batman Begins

*was here
Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 06:53:00 AM »

I just saw Serenity last Friday- it was very funny, but rather weird at times.  My friend said that there's a background story, and I think it might help to read that before seeing the movie.  Still, it's worth it.  Wink  

- I'm scissors.  Nerf rock.  Paper's fine.

-It's not the mind control that kills people; it's the fall damage.

-Que sera, sera.
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2005, 07:58:34 AM »

what I want to see again is The Count of Monte Cristo, the only movie that I know of that was much much much better then the book Tongue
well, I might come up with some others, but that's thinking :hehe:  

*was here
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2005, 01:13:58 PM »

Revolver and Night Watch are both worth seeing. The latter is in Russian with subtitles, so don't bother if you hate subs, but they're both very good.
mole

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2005, 03:21:27 PM »

theres atleast 2 films called nightwatch and one called death watch i always get confused by which is which

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
Godfather

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2005, 09:10:12 PM »

Pearl Harbor wasn't as good as I expected..

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: