BPsite Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:56:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  
Author Topic: The Movies  (Read 73967 times)
Galmort

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 13, 2005, 02:56:17 AM »

Meh... it was ok... I really liked the Queen though.   Cheesy
...i didn't LOL  
Galmort

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2006, 04:47:55 AM »

Date Movie coming out Friday...hopefully i'll make it to that this weekend, if i can convince someone to go with.
not much has happened in the ways of movies lately...some some crappy ones, saw some good ones.

anyone?
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2006, 10:03:58 PM »

I don't go to the movies much... Sad
so no, nothing :unsure:  

*was here
mole

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2006, 04:05:00 PM »

spent around 50 hours on a bus in thel ast 9 days so we got a fair few movies watched, so ill just reel off what i can rememeber

wallace and gromit; curse of the were-rabbit > just as youd expect it to be , good
coach carter > good, bit predictable toward the end but it was a good end
along came polly > romantic comedys arent my thing but it wasnt the end of the world
narnia > would have been a lot better had lord of the rings not been made into a film, needed to be longer and i was annoyed by the end but in all not to bad
fantastic four > only wanted to see jessica alba anyway so it doesnt really matter that i missed the end of it but it looked quite good from what i saw
charlie and the chocolate factory > just as disturbed as i was the first time i saw it

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
Galmort

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 21, 2006, 01:29:44 AM »

hehehe funny mole...

Date Movie = Sucked!

you will probably laugh the whole time like my friends and i but somehow will come to the conclusion that it realy sucked...strangely we all agreed on that, though we all laughed

Rug

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 21, 2006, 10:01:47 AM »

Fantastic Four was really bad. It was like X-Men but without the good actors, plot, or special effects.

Charlie and the Choclate Factory... Mr. Depp is not Willy Wonka. He looks like Michael Jackson. The original guy who played him did lines of cocaine on the set, and looked that a paedophile. That's Willy Wonka.

Ok, looking like Michael Jackson means looking like a paedonphile too. Except you can't say that. He's innocent.

Wallace and Gromit rocked, of course.

Not seen the others. Was meaning to see Narnia but never got around to it.

Anyone else seen Jarhead or Munich? I thought Jarhead was good. Some soldiers have slated if for being innacurate, but I think they're lying for the sake of their image. It does make them look like sex crazed insane guys with a dire need to kill something.. which I think sounds incredibly accurate.

Munich was.. boring, frankly. The fact it bears no resemblance to the actual events of operation bayonet doesn't help it one jot ('inspired by actual events'), but there is a point where you think.. are they really going to show every assassination in so much detail? Boring, Spielberg, pro-Israel crap.
Galmort

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 21, 2006, 04:24:54 PM »

Fantastic Four was really bad. It was like X-Men but without the good actors, plot, or special effects.

yea, that movie was a joke. terrible
underruler

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2006, 10:48:00 AM »

Jarhead was good.  The sex scene caught me off guard.  sex > violence which is kind of weird for a military movie, but the symbolism was cool.  Doesn't hurt that Jake Gyllenhaal is so HOT.  

Brokeback Mountain was good too.  Didn't it win like almost everything at the Oscar's? Anyway, it's a slow movie but a great love story.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 10:48:11 AM by underruler » Logged

I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and and bananas.

http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/hugs.cgi?&HUG...hug=luvr_bunnie

[img]http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/count_hugs.cgi?hug=luv
mole

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: January 04, 2007, 01:41:13 PM »

has anyone seen the new james bond?

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
Louise

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: January 04, 2007, 04:44:27 PM »

Saw it. I thought it had too many chase scenes that went on for too long, the plot wasn't hugely interesting, and the new guy playing Bond was neither attractive enough to be nice to look at nor annoying enough to hold my interest. And to cap it all off most of the film wasn't even all that visually pleasing, something that a lot of the previous ones have had going for them.

So, feh. It wasn't awful, but I thought they could have done better.  :huh:  

If my lack of signature worries you, please feel free to imagine it as saying some amusing, pleasantly witty and intelligent phrase.
Galmort

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 05, 2007, 11:28:27 PM »

jeez i thought it was quite good...but then again, its the only bond movie i've seen in full Tongue

i really liked the premise of it, no, it wasn't terribly interesting but i thought it was quite cool.
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: January 06, 2007, 01:28:33 AM »

I saw it, and I liked it.
Several things I didn't like, and I didn't really take to the actor as Bond, but on the whole I found it enjoyable.

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Galmort

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 06, 2007, 10:04:53 AM »

worst part was him standing up the babe....what the hell? stupid guy Tongue
mole

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: January 06, 2007, 02:16:29 PM »

i enjoyed the action scenes and the chases, but on the whole it wasnt a good film. it missed some of the key bond film features, mainly the big elaborate ending which was replaced with him and the girl which just seemed to drag on and on

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
Hornet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2007, 07:24:49 AM »

True, that.  It did lack pace after a while, and there weren't any of the usual developments, such as Bond nipping around installations in loads of different countries and leaving half of them in tatters.  Goldeneye's probably the best one so far.

I've just seen the new Wallace and Grommit, which was good once I got into it.  As my girlfriend pointed out though, it lacked an ET reference when they were flying around with the planes, but as there were so many other references there that might have been deliberate.

*wanders off to bed, wondering when he'll be allowed to sleep*

In the fridge! By the cheese! Waggle waggle!

Money isn't the solution to life's problems, but it can usually buy it.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  

Jump to: