BPsite Forums
April 29, 2024, 08:32:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Comp SUX (help?)  (Read 26991 times)
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2004, 05:13:54 AM »

"CTRL - Shift - Esc" doesnt open a task bar for me.

Is there a program (or command) that makes it so Exporer is the onlything to start when you boot your computer up.

And one that tells you ALL the programs running? "CTRL - Alt - Del" doesnt show them all
Guest:Drauka
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2004, 05:14:59 AM »

(oi, triple post, im in trouble now...) Just saying this is drau  Shocked  Shocked  :blink:  
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2004, 10:22:00 AM »

Is there a program (or command) that makes it so Exporer is the onlything to start when you boot your computer up.
Safe mode will do that. However it also doesn't load any proper graphics drivers, so you get stuck with an ugly display.
Um, other than that, you can try holding down shift as you login (until after everything finishes loading), but that doesn't always work for everything.

And one that tells you ALL the programs running? "CTRL - Alt - Del" doesnt show them all
You could try opening a command window and typing "tasklist /svc /fo csv", but I'm not sure if that will work with all versions of windows. Try "tasklist /?" and it will tell you more options about it though.
As for proper Windows applications, I've not heard of any, but there probably are some available.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 10:24:22 AM by SS » Logged

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2004, 10:30:02 AM »

well kazaa never give me any trouble. WMP errors all of the time
kazaa uses old school wmp, not the new one. theyre both installed, just harder to find the older one which I actually like better.

start->run->msconfig. hit the startup tab. you can uncheck everything you dont want starting with your computer. It won't get everything, but it's a start.

if you're on xp, ctrl-alt-del and go to the processes window. oughta have everything.

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2004, 10:34:48 AM »

start->run->msconfig. hit the startup tab. you can uncheck everything you dont want starting with your computer. It won't get everything, but it's a start.
I want to shoot myself for forgetting about that. :|
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 10:35:09 AM by SS » Logged

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2004, 10:52:45 AM »

*shoots SS*  Cheesy  

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

underruler

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2004, 08:11:54 PM »

/me shoots SS w/ her marshmallow gun.

I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and and bananas.

http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/hugs.cgi?&HUG...hug=luvr_bunnie

[img]http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/count_hugs.cgi?hug=luv
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2004, 08:36:28 PM »

:hmmm: Neither of you are me; don't shoot me.

Dragonbreath

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2004, 10:47:23 PM »

get trail version of norton 2004 at www.downloads.com
and get a serial at www.thebugs.ws
just look for serials and keep trying till you find a good one
hope it works, it worked for me!!!!
Dragonbreath

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2004, 10:51:42 PM »

olso use mozzila firefox, better then internet explorer cause its faster safer and no spyware can sneek in,
download at http://texturizer.net/firefox/download.html

FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2004, 12:14:42 AM »

get trail version of norton 2004 at www.downloads.com
and get a serial at www.thebugs.ws
just look for serials and keep trying till you find a good one
hope it works, it worked for me!!!!
or I can provide the full professional version for those who want it. which reminds me, ss, are you still lookin for lacuna - comalies? I believe I have it stashed somewhere.

oh, dragon, just for future reference--if no one else has posted since your last post, just hit the edit button  Wink  

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2004, 12:29:16 AM »

ss, are you still lookin for lacuna - comalies? I believe I have it stashed somewhere.
Um, if it's a legal, physical copy, yeah. Tongue

Dragonbreath

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2004, 08:59:22 PM »

oh, dragon, just for future reference--if no one else has posted since your last post, just hit the edit button

i dont know what you mean, why do i have to hit the edit button?
underruler

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2004, 11:32:33 PM »

So we don't double post...I think double posting is allowed if you have and update and it's been a long time.

I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and and bananas.

http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/hugs.cgi?&HUG...hug=luvr_bunnie

[img]http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/count_hugs.cgi?hug=luv
Dragonbreath

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2004, 10:01:44 PM »

ok, thanks for the info

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: