BPsite Forums
April 29, 2024, 07:24:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: My Comp SUX (help?)  (Read 26989 times)
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2004, 03:16:15 PM »

Something like this:

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2004, 03:17:36 PM »

you put waaay too much effort into that.  :hmmm:  

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2004, 03:22:44 PM »

I always get motivated by pointless, useless things. Sad

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2004, 06:30:01 PM »

hmmm.....on an almost entirely unrelated note....ss, do you host this (forums, hybridchill stuff, everythin....) yourself, or pay for hosting elsewhere?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 06:30:26 PM by FragMaster1972 » Logged

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2004, 07:00:45 PM »

I pay for them both.
The forums (and the rest of bpsite.co.uk) are hosted in Docklands, London, UK.
Hybridchill.com is hosted somewhere in the US somewhere... timezone is GMT-5, but I don't know more than that.

underruler

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2004, 09:18:36 PM »

SS I have Windows ME

I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and and bananas.

http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/hugs.cgi?&HUG...hug=luvr_bunnie

[img]http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/count_hugs.cgi?hug=luv
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2004, 09:25:03 PM »

Oh. That's probably why everything is slow then. Wink

underruler

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2004, 09:37:23 PM »

I dunno...I heard it sucks and I've been thinking about getting XP but then I don't know what to do.  But it does seem that it my computer was faster when we got it.  It's prolly b/c we've had it since 6 years ago I think.  I don't really remember.

I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and and bananas.

http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/hugs.cgi?&HUG...hug=luvr_bunnie

[img]http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/count_hugs.cgi?hug=luv
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2004, 09:39:20 PM »

Yeah, computers always slow down inexplicably. Part of it's due to the hard-drive getting clogged with stuff, but even if you reformat & reinstall it's never as fast as when you first got it.

Hmmm. If it's 6 years old it might not be able to handle XP. :/
If it can, you should get it though - XP is far more stable than Me.

Drauka

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2004, 06:53:31 AM »

well SS do you have some other cool stuff that I could use?
i need a new movie player
My current player (windows media) is buggy, and when I updated it stoped working entirely

Winamp v 5 is pathetically resoruce hungry, though the orignals isn't. They dont provide uprages for them (angry)

And real player will no longer do updates for me. So. Uh. Show me some wicked ninja stuff! Cheesy LOL  :rolleyes:  :cool:  Tongue  Wink  

Signature:

I am;
A Labourless Peasant, (Damning, Rambling, Aspiring, Unenlightening, King of Anything)
A Masked Faceless, (Diabolical Reliable Assassin of the Underworld, Knowledgeable in the mimickable Arts.)
A Soldier of Sand, Deplorable and Dutiful. Rugged yet Refined. United, and Undeniable. Austere yet Amendable. Kind, and Kingly. Arduous yet Amiable.
A General of the Fallen Legion, (I led my forces into the Deep, we Ran to Assault the Undefeated Keep. Admirably my men crashed like a wave to a ship. the ground shook with our marching and caused me to slip. I fell and later I began to wake. the ground again began to shake, but this time every one fell... Into the Lord’s precipice of hell, here I am damned to forever fall into the abyss.)
A King of the Fallen Nation, (Death stalks his murky streets. Rats run rampant to their Abundant feasts. The Undead stalk the boarders at night. the King, though fallen, has yet to be defeated in a fight. No nation dares intrude upon the unrelenting king. For they fear the horrors his merciless wrath would bring. People fear to leave his nation, and also to Arrive. But his people are just as relentless and resialiant,  they strive to survive.) “The Nation of Steel Will Never Yield.
An Emperor [span style=\'color:green\']of the Anarchists
, (Dispiteous Reaper of Atrocion, Underestimated Kaiser of Ambition)
A God [span style=\'color:green\']of the Faithless[/span], (Defiance, I will never allow. Reliance, I will never allow. Assurance, I will never give. Understanding, I will never give. Killing I will never explain. Always basking, in paradox.)
I am: The Dead, The Underworld, and Death.
I am... Drauka.
[/span]

-Remorse for there is naught left to remorse for.
-We are the metaphorical whores of a new generaltion.
-Again metaphors that means people sit silent and still.
-Ah, this life is just my chessboard, and you are just my pawn.
-Feel the fucking fire rise, up and above and past your eyes.

Jason H. Fredricks'
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2004, 10:56:58 AM »

Real player is a pile of cack... even if you don't use it, it could still be running on your PC and slowing things down. I'd suggest removing it completely, unless you really need it.

Um, I use Windows Media Player 9 here, and it works fine, but there are some others you could look at...

I used to use Sonique for a while, and it was quite good.

I've heard of people who say MusicMatch Jukebox is really good.

There's also dbPowerAmp audio player, but I think that's a bit eughy looking.

There's probably a few more, but those are the main ones I know of.

FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2004, 12:09:33 PM »

MMJB isn't that great....its a kinda hoggish and slow.  Sad  

Drauka

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2004, 08:02:25 PM »

hmmm I will just use kazaas inbuilt one.

Windows nine kept giving me a dumb error "Interneral system error" and it wasnt on the help file, so I said feck it.

Signature:

I am;
A Labourless Peasant, (Damning, Rambling, Aspiring, Unenlightening, King of Anything)
A Masked Faceless, (Diabolical Reliable Assassin of the Underworld, Knowledgeable in the mimickable Arts.)
A Soldier of Sand, Deplorable and Dutiful. Rugged yet Refined. United, and Undeniable. Austere yet Amendable. Kind, and Kingly. Arduous yet Amiable.
A General of the Fallen Legion, (I led my forces into the Deep, we Ran to Assault the Undefeated Keep. Admirably my men crashed like a wave to a ship. the ground shook with our marching and caused me to slip. I fell and later I began to wake. the ground again began to shake, but this time every one fell... Into the Lord’s precipice of hell, here I am damned to forever fall into the abyss.)
A King of the Fallen Nation, (Death stalks his murky streets. Rats run rampant to their Abundant feasts. The Undead stalk the boarders at night. the King, though fallen, has yet to be defeated in a fight. No nation dares intrude upon the unrelenting king. For they fear the horrors his merciless wrath would bring. People fear to leave his nation, and also to Arrive. But his people are just as relentless and resialiant,  they strive to survive.) “The Nation of Steel Will Never Yield.
A God [span style=\'color:green\']of the Faithless[/span], (Defiance, I will never allow. Reliance, I will never allow. Assurance, I will never give. Understanding, I will never give. Killing I will never explain. Always basking, in paradox.)
I am... Drauka.
[/span]

Jason H. Fredricks'
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2004, 08:03:53 PM »

kazaa just uses wmp.

hehe, once i got wmp to tell me that "the operation could not be performed because the pins are not connected". wonder if i still have a screen shot of that, thats a classic right there.  Cheesy  

Drauka

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2004, 08:06:43 AM »

well kazaa never give me any trouble. WMP errors all of the time

Signature:

I am;
I am... Drauka.
[/span]

Jason H. Fredricks'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: