BPsite Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:15:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: The Royal Chestnut  (Read 77655 times)
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2004, 12:20:56 PM »

"Mmmmm well, i would mind half an army out there." He begins absently rubbing the rim of the mug then jerks as if a sudden chill had just swept the inn. " Ahhh but a well tuned mercenary is better than a young fellow with blood lust," he said chuckling wryly.

Code:
<to ss>  dont do this just say as he turned to [person] or the like

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2004, 03:11:13 PM »

"You have bloodlust?" he said wryly, taking another sip from his cup, "Who knew?"
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2004, 06:48:06 PM »

Cursing under his breath he scowled at the man, "I wasn't talking about me but dont say it too loud besides. My... employers were more than convincing they wanted me to hunt for them, but what they wanted was to close to home."

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2004, 06:53:49 PM »

"I... see" Alein said carefully, placing his cup on the table in front of him once more, "Too close to home?"
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2004, 07:18:06 PM »

"Lets just leave it at im used to hunting animals."

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2004, 07:56:00 PM »

"Of course, if the topic makes you uncomfortable..." he picked up his cup and took another sip, "...then we should continue to discuss it. Hunting animals, you say?"
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2004, 08:27:08 PM »

"I thought you knew i was hunting animals in the woods?". Gesturing to the deer hided quiver he carrys on, "ussually ill hunt just about anything, accept wolfs and occational fox's. Those fat beaurocrats cant get enough of the stuff to paint there walls with. But for some reason now theres alot more animals in the woods, very odd ones too, coulda sworn i saw a big black cat the other day."

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2004, 08:59:33 PM »

*Ralston and Hor'aath finally reach the inn.  It is on the outer edge of town, and is fairly small, as it has not been open for very long.*
As they enter the surprisingly dim inn, Hor'aath immediatly notices that there are very few people present.  "I guess everyone else has called it a night" Hor'aath said, thinking out loud.  Hor'aath motions to a fat man at the bar.  To call him drunk would have probably been an understatement.  "Well, that's him," Hor'aath says, motioning to the fat man.  "Looks like he's let himself go and get drunk again.  You would think that he would know better by now."

HaHa. This post cost SS .5 cents! So Sayeth the Evilknight.
Hmmm. The court will take a 15 minute recess to fix the judicial...bench...thingy. ~Ethan
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2004, 09:30:25 PM »

"A black cat? Whats so unnusual about cats? I saw two just getting here, even in this weather."
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2004, 12:54:10 AM »

"Truely? were they waist high aswell? ive been spooked in there but those teeth got the jeebus outta me."

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2004, 11:47:19 AM »

"Waist high you say? You can work that bow, I know that much, surely a larger cat makes for a larger target. Why the problems?"
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2004, 01:30:56 PM »

Looks perplexedly at the man, "They move fast. This weather makes it damn near impossible to shoot and its so dark in there its as if they blend in." Looking to the other man on the table he wonders if hes still awake.

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
Galmort

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2004, 10:40:46 PM »

Wulfgar hurries back into the main room. He has cleaned a nasty looking cut just under his right eye, and slicked back his hair. He shuffles over to a barstool directly in front of where Len is standing, and sits, elbows on counter, and a sheepish grin on his face. He stares at Len.......just stares, eyes unmoving, and that same malicious smile on his face, as if waiting to be addressed
« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 05:25:18 AM by Galmort » Logged
Saladin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2004, 12:09:30 AM »

Ralston walks up to the man in charge of the caravans

"Sir, I understand from Hor'aath here that you and your caravan was recently attacked and you lost some fine men. I am skilled in the ways of battle and gladly offer my services to help defend this caravan from future attacks, What say you?"

I have become Death; destroyer of worlds.
--J. Robert Oppenheimer upon witnessing the explosion of the first atomic bomb
[/font]
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
[/font]
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2004, 02:45:49 AM »

<oc>Ralston and Hor'aath are in 'the Travellers Tavern', a small, new inn near the edge of Jeston.</oc>

The caravan leader stares at the man speaking to him, then at Hor'aath, and back to the speaker again, then with a slurred voice replies, "attacked...yes...lost good men". Looking at his mug, he lifts it to his mouth and finishes it off, then belches loudy before continuing. "Services? Can't pay much. Lost a lot in raid." The caravan leader continues to look at the man but says nothing.

<back at the Royal Chestnut inn>

Len sighs as he leans his arms against the bar. "Wulfgar," he says flatly, "what is it you want?"

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: