BPsite Forums
April 18, 2024, 06:42:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: NWN Character planner  (Read 36273 times)
Perdition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2004, 08:23:41 PM »

Methinks a certain little burning fey-folk needs a spam warning, perhaps?
no no i'll be good.  so umm how long have you people been playing NWN?
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2004, 10:03:53 PM »

So what'd you finally decide on for the direction you're gonna take with your character SS?
I'm going down the Cleric/Rogue route. Smiley

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2004, 01:20:42 AM »

I think the Cleric/Rogue is a good pick, and it would be very fun to play.  More or less (more then less) an evil character, SS?
Thamior, my last game I DMed lasted about 4 year I think... <_<  and yes, DMs should not have (N)PCs, my group has a sound effect for those NPCs that get forgotten.  And besides, it's not very fun to get helped/saved by the DM (I let PCs die..)
One of these days I'll have my new campaign that's well thought out (which is new for me) and I'll post it here.  Don’t hold your breath, it may not come... Sad I'm not a very good DM :sheep:

Note: it's a pain in the ass when the PCs know the DMG just as well as they know the PHB.  The players talk back to the DM, 'but in the DMG it says..' or 'but my character already knows..' (which no, he shouldn't know...)  it's so much easier for the DM when people don't meta-play!

*was here
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2004, 02:02:16 AM »

More or less (more then less) an evil character, SS?
I've said before, I'm no good at being evil. Tongue

If my memory is correct then I'm currently 100% Good and 13% Lawful.

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Thamior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2004, 03:29:17 PM »

Note: it's a pain in the ass when the PCs know the DMG just as well as they know the PHB. The players talk back to the DM, 'but in the DMG it says..' or 'but my character already knows..' (which no, he shouldn't know...) it's so much easier for the DM when people don't meta-play!
I don't have a DMG but knowing the PHB pretty well allows me to correct our DM pretty often since he was such a dumbass.  Just on dumb things like attacks of opportunity and some combat rules.

Playing an evil character can be very tough, if for no other reason just because it usually cuts your quests and subplots short.  When you tell an NPC to "Fuck off!  I don't wanna hear your bitching!" it gets kinda hard to have them offer you a job.  If you play an evil character you would have to play him so that he's nice to people up front, but he has evil, concealed motives.  The other thing you can do which I enjoyed A LOT is to download a module specifically made for an evil character.  I recently played and finished a three part series called the Rogues of Quinn designed for a Lawful Evil Rogue.  It was an insane amount of fun and I couldn't pull myself away from it.  I would say it took more than 20 hours to complete.  I highly recommend it.  It took my character from 1-12th level and had a good storyline.

P.S.  Class specific modules usually turn out to be the coolest since you get personalized equipment and the module really utilizes your skills and combat techniques to the fullest.  So far I've played the Twilight series (Paladin), Kale's Rangers, and Rogues of Quinn.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 03:31:23 PM by Thamior » Logged

I'm gonna hang out with my wang out and rock out with my cock out!
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2004, 05:15:51 PM »

Being evil doesnt mean you have to flip everyone off, though I will concede that playing Lawful Evil is a darn sight easier than Chaotic Evil.
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2004, 06:31:55 PM »

im neutral chaotic, for the sould purpose and making my own rules with blatent disgregard for others though i dont hafta destroy everything i see, problem is avlis death plains  Sad  

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: