BPsite Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:16:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: NWN Character planner  (Read 36173 times)
Thamior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2004, 02:07:24 AM »

PrCs count for multiclassing.
Are you sure about that?  Because I was gonna say that they don't.  Most prestige classes require you to multiclass just to fulfill the prereqs.  If the PrC counted as a class of its own almost every character would suffer an XP penalty.  I know for a fact that they don't count against you in 3E DnD and that's where the NWN ruleset comes from.  I don't think SS plans on taking his character up to Clr12 if he's gonna multiclass for Shadowdancer.  As for what Ripper said, I think SS is going for a stealthy character, which a cleric would definately not be.  SS, what campaign are you looking to play?  That's a big factor in what kind of character you should be making.

I'm gonna hang out with my wang out and rock out with my cock out!
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2004, 03:03:20 AM »

I'm playing SoU, but I'll carry it over to HotU afterwards.

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2004, 06:48:07 PM »

No, clerics are *really* crap at fighting and apart from Harm their offensive spells arent upto much.
The fuck have you been smoking???
If you give them a high/semi-high strength, they are just fighters with spells!

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
Thamior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2004, 07:13:29 PM »

Not fighters because they have lower base attack progression than fighters.  Also, fighters get tons of bonus feats whereas a cleric gets none.  So Ripper is way off on that comment.  But clerics definately don't suck at fighting, but they certainly aren't the best.  They're a whole helluva lot better than sorcerors anyway.

opperdude

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2004, 07:14:54 PM »

i agree with that last statement :sheep:  

'Joost, like juice but better' ~fire

happy now?
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2004, 07:16:36 PM »

Unless you focus on making them combat worthy (War and Strength domains, the stat enhancing spells kept around you at all times, high str...), a pureclass Cleric will never be a match for anything other than a Wizard, Sorceror and most Bards in a melee.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2004, 07:17:23 PM by Rug » Logged
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2004, 07:37:00 PM »

With full buffs (Inc Undeaths Eternal Foe...), War and Strength domain powers, the following is acheivable with no equipment.

Thats sick; before you consider the fact that the first of those I cast will run out about 3 seconds after the last one  is cast. Fine for showcasing, but no use in actual combat.

And now, fully equipped (Strength Domain powers ended just before I took this one, so the str would be 3/4 higher... but you get the idea.)

I challenge you to make a Cleric thats better in combat than that beast...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2004, 07:50:30 PM by Rug » Logged
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2004, 06:35:42 AM »

DUDE! this so makes me want to get back into the DM chair!!

I still like my socially unacceptable fighter...few if any spells hurt my character, same for traps.  He heals all the time so no need for being a claric, and anything in his way is subject to being smashed to itty-bitty bits.  Cheesy

can you say 'power play'?  I know I can
he's easy to role play too.  but I don't have anyone to role play with, so it really doesn't matter :sheep:  

*was here
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2004, 08:34:23 AM »

My current main character (being played on the persistant world Avlis) is a shy, stuttering elven cleric with a dark past she really doesnt want to talk about, and a lot of phobias...

Great fun.
Thamior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2004, 07:18:24 PM »

I'm not a fan of when people overaccentuate their characters, but if that's how you want to play a character I guess you're entitled to.  It's more fun to have a kleptomaniac character who focuses on stealing doorknobs.  Then you just use a "Sack Full of Doorknobs" as your weapon in combat.  You have to take an exotic weapon prof. feat, but it could be worth it.  Bludgeoning damage is good vs. undead at least.  And smi, I wish you lived by me.  I need a group of decent people to game with, especially ones who want to DM.  Mostly people bitch and moan if they don't play a PC so our DM has his own (N)PC as well.  Don't ask me how that's supposed to make sense.

Perdition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2004, 07:24:38 PM »

ooo I had a bag full of skulls once.  mole stole it and put it in a safe tho Sad now I am weaponless
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2004, 07:32:03 PM »

Omg, do you spam every thread you come across?

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2004, 07:33:23 PM »

Methinks a certain little burning fey-folk needs a spam warning, perhaps?

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2004, 07:34:28 PM »

playing a centuar is wierd but my RPing is crap. i need to hit off with the good old woodland creature riddles

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
Thamior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2004, 08:17:55 PM »

So what'd you finally decide on for the direction you're gonna take with your character SS?

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: