BPsite Forums
May 02, 2024, 02:11:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Guild Wars  (Read 22595 times)
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2005, 08:52:43 PM »

I want to play, but I don't normaly have the time... is that a good or a bad thing? Wink
/me goes back to doing math HW... Sad  

*was here
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2005, 09:20:51 PM »

Level 3 Necromancer here.. and whoring Life Siphon like a bitch.

Don't see much point to multiclassing currently... but I'm a newbie. Someone explain why I should bother?
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2005, 09:40:11 PM »

Because Ev is a PvP whore...

Nah, multiclassing allows you to scab all the decent stuff from other classes, its how you make classes of your own really.
Such as a Warrior/Monk can be turned into a Palidin, and a Necro/Ranger can be a summoner by combining the Necro summoning with the Rangers pet.

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2005, 11:45:57 PM »

why not?

it dosen't hurt you...and all the pro builds require 2 classes
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2005, 12:45:50 AM »

I'm not in it for a pro build, I can do that on NWN anyday.. I like sucking things lives out and animating the corpses of my fallen foes.

I really love how there's no limit on the number of animated servants you can have. *Kills gargoyles and raises each corpse in turn*

Maybe I'll multiclass sometime, just not today Smiley.
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2005, 12:04:59 PM »

http://nwduneauron.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/snowy.jpg

Snap.
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2005, 05:29:24 PM »

other then the jagged edges, these screen shots look cool
some day soon I'll upgrade this computer to the point were I could play these games.  I think I'll for it this summer if I don't end up taking classes and or a job...

*was here
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2005, 06:13:31 PM »

Jagged edges is me having the graphics turned right down Smiley.
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2005, 08:16:40 PM »

I'm not in it for a pro build, I can do that on NWN anyday.. I like sucking things lives out and animating the corpses of my fallen foes.

I really love how there's no limit on the number of animated servants you can have. *Kills gargoyles and raises each corpse in turn*

Maybe I'll multiclass sometime, just not today Smiley.
I don't see official sanctioned NWN league tables...

Worlds At War combat between NWN playing countries...International tournaments with competing guilds flown in...this is more like pro CS than NWN

PvP here is the core of the game...you're going to miss a lot if you don't take part in it...and for me at least since its a COMPETITION it pays to be competetive...thusly...pro builds

but since you're a necro anyway...speaking simply in terms of PvP effectiveness and efficiency...I have a special place reserved for necros right in between my butt cheeks.
though for PvE heres the best summoning build you're gonna get:

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/showpos...577&postcount=6

that is a RED HOT build...in the end you can summon up to 17 level 18 minions to do your bidding...and simply steamroller through a level with sheer weight of numbers.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 11:24:11 PM by Everous » Logged
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2005, 12:01:36 PM »

Yes, but making an uber build and kicking people with it, in a system I fully, 100% understand, is a lot simpler ;p.

That, and I don't see the point in trying to get high up a worldwide league table; there's always a bigger fish. Several thousand, usually.
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2005, 08:40:09 PM »

Kudos to the team, introduced a patch that crashes when you move...

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2005, 04:37:16 PM »

well a month on and we've all had time to get used to the game...
I've been taking it slow and have only just ascended

now its a mad dash to the finish

if anyone feels like playing high level PvP now...or just any PvP at all...give me a shout and I'll deck you out in Guild colours
Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2005, 01:39:44 PM »

Ok, since you've gotten so far in the game, can you tell me how it compare to WoW?  I'm gonna buy a new computer soon (I hope), and don't know which of the two games to play in college...  GW is free and seems really in-depth, but WoW is fun and I know how to play it.   :miffed:  

- I'm scissors.  Nerf rock.  Paper's fine.

-It's not the mind control that kills people; it's the fall damage.

-Que sera, sera.
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2005, 05:26:12 PM »

Guild Wars is really easy to play. Hard to master.

In terms of PvE, WoW beats the pants off it. It really is rather dreary to play PvE.

If you're in it for the PvP however, then it has no rival. Did you ever play Diablo?...well its like that, except more tactical, more about teamwork...and the classes are balanced. Kinda like a cross between Diablo and CS

And don't worry if you don't know how to play at the start. Join my guild and we'll train you up Wink
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 05:26:43 PM by Everous » Logged
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2005, 06:49:50 PM »

Tbh I prefer WoW, not quite sure why, although GW is a much better looking game. But, I'd go with GW anyday, just because its got no monthly fee, and thats an instant winner.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: