BPsite Forums
April 26, 2024, 10:54:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Guild Wars  (Read 22514 times)
Everous

View Profile WWW
« on: April 03, 2005, 10:50:33 PM »

kk...who's going to play Guild Wars?

If anyone is...can I get an idea of what builds you'll be running...and to what extent you've crashtested these?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 10:51:04 PM by Everous » Logged
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 11:28:04 AM »

I intend to beta test it over the April 17th weekend to see what its like, and if I like it, I'll be getting it.
At the moment a Ranger/Elementalist is looking fun.

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 11:45:27 AM »

Bugger, you need to have pre-ordered it to participate in beta weekend. Don't suppose you have and have the friends pass not used do you?

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 12:06:49 PM »

afraid not my man Wink

but it'd be a shame for you to not even try the thing...to be honest I haven't been on the last 2 beta events either...

Ranger/Ele huh?...you going for interrupts or nukes primarily?
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 07:26:44 PM »

Anything that has lots of explosions and fire in. Cheesy

matt_the_shark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 03:47:51 AM »

I have never played this before, but Roo's description sounds fun Tongue

evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 04:15:57 AM »

i tried to play it way back in the E3 weekend beta thing.
what little i could see was lots of fun, and that's with me dealing with a horrible connection and serious issues with getting it to even work.
still looks great.

also, i have this funny feeling that Blizzard will be releasing a lot more awsome stuff around the time Guild Wars starts.....
gee, i wonder why......*sarcasm*
but yeah, ill definately give Guild Wars a try when it releases.

HaHa. This post cost SS .5 cents! So Sayeth the Evilknight.
Hmmm. The court will take a 15 minute recess to fix the judicial...bench...thingy. ~Ethan
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 03:08:47 PM »

i'm not to worried...the two games don't draw from the same crowd

most of the people who plays Guild Wars play team games or FPS like CS or Warcraft III...not RPG or MMORPG games
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 03:09:02 PM by Everous » Logged
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2005, 05:01:25 PM »

CS and Warcraft 3 were my mainstead games for a while, yah.
Still definately gonna check it out when it releases.

HaHa. This post cost SS .5 cents! So Sayeth the Evilknight.
Hmmm. The court will take a 15 minute recess to fix the judicial...bench...thingy. ~Ethan
GandalfTheOld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 06:56:24 AM »

I'm baaaaaacckkkkk....
Only for a little while.

I missed out on that April 17 Weekend Event, gah.

My favorite build:
Elementalist/Monk.

A wonderful mass-killing tank against weak opponents(so many auto-healing continual-effect spells, oh my!), it can kill monsters quickly if needed(60damage fireballs and who-knows-what damage with meteor storm), and does wonders in team/co-op missions(130+ heal other)

I'd try an Elementalist/Ranger and Warrior/Monk, but the El/Mo build is my top build.

koc name:Maaya
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2005, 05:55:21 PM »

First impressions, I played with an elementalist last night and got to level 5. Its a pretty damn nice looking game, and I'm turning into a bit of a pyromaniac with that fire blast spell.
Its lacking something that WoW has though, and I think its because of the instanced areas outside of towns, you really have to be part of a group to fully appreciate the game, whereas in WoW you meet people as you wander around, which I feel is a better idea.

So someone get the damn game and play with me!

Oh yea, have some pictures...

www.ripperroo.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/gw001.PNG
www.ripperroo.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/gw002.PNG
www.ripperroo.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/gw003.PNG

Rug

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2005, 07:22:08 PM »

Just got Guild Wars, as Virgin mislabelled it so I got it for £20, muahaha. Will report back after I play it Smiley.
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2005, 07:35:43 PM »

ok I've spent a few months debating the various mechanics of the game...so I can say perhaps that I am a bit of a guru at this...

If anyone wants to party or wants to discuss builds with me (trust me, I make damn good builds) then get me on MSN Scilus@hotmail.com Email Everous@gmail.com INgame Ae Toutatis

I see you're still in pre-searing...well have fun, I got a little further when i first beta tested...so i kinda rushed through that portion in about 40 mins. Ripper...why am i not surprised you're using the skimpy ele?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 07:37:12 PM by Everous » Logged
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2005, 07:47:45 PM »

Dude, none of these female models dress decently.
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2005, 08:04:33 PM »

Well, I had no idea what pre-searing and post-searing are, let alone how to trigger the searing.
Got a level 6 Ele/Necro, going for the hp drain with the necro and fire damage and energy storage with the Ele.
A level 3 Monk/Mes, gonna go healing and damage with the monk with more damage from the Mes.
And a ranger, which I didn't get on with.

Why does the world map on some sites look about 1million times the size of the area Ive got on my map? I mean, the lowest point on mine is the Wizards.. whatchamajigger, with Ascalon City at the top, wheres the rest??

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: