BPsite Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:25:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Legend Arena  (Read 4138 times)
Arkanor

View Profile WWW
« on: May 27, 2004, 12:39:11 AM »

This is a text-based RPG... not very deep.  Go out and fight other players, gain XP to level up, steal their gold, etc.  Some nice points include fishing to make money, using attributes points to develop a fighting style, and clan blnuses (if you have a good clan).  In addition, the Inktank Army is in it, as a clan called Inktank Empire.  Cynic is the clan leader there.  (reference their forum topic here.

The hyperlink is THUS.

Being a good example is hard.  I’m trying to serve as a horrible warning instead.
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 02:07:39 AM »

Looks interesting. Any chance of more details on what it's actually like though - the website is extremely sparse in that aspect!

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Arkanor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 01:28:06 AM »

Yeah, you're right.  Ok then...

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The game is set an a mythological world, in which you, the player, begin as a level 1 player.  This means that all of your skills are set at level 1, you have 10 stamina (the equivalent of attack points) and 100 endurance (maximum stamina amount), and whatever the starting life is (I think it's 50).  

---------------------------------------------------------

Turns: a 'turn' is every 20 minutes.  Every turn, you get a certain amount of money (it's trivial, I'm level 9 and I get 189 credits per turn).  You also get 1 stamina (again, the equivalent of attack points).  Every 24 hours the clock resets, and you are awarded 5 fishing operations (used to fish, equivalent of attack points for fishing only, 10 tokens (used for gambling, equivalent of attack points for gambling only, and 20 gold coins (used to buy a boat in fishing, or for a clan to level up)  

----------------------------------------------------------------

To become stronger, you must attack other players.  If you succeed in vanquishing them, you steal a portion of their experience and some of their gold (like Kings of Chaos in that respect).  If you are defeated, you lose a portion of your experience and some of your gold.  The more gold you have, the more you lose.  This applies to being  attacked and losing as well as attacking and losing.  

Once you have gained a certain amount of experience, you advance a level.  At each level-up, you are awarded four ability points and 8 skill points.  The ability points can be used as follows:

+1 strength              -               equates to doing more damage

+1 agility                  -             equates to having your enemy miss a blow when attacking you    (no damage done)

+5 life              -               plus 5 maximum life points (think HP... it regenerates every 5 minutes to its maximum, or you can pay a small fee and regenerate it.  When you die, you have 'lost' a fight.  Fortunately, you can heal yourself, or wait 5 minutes and be automatically healed)

+5 Endurance         -           The maximum number of stamina (attack points) that you can have.  After you reach this maximum, no more stamina will be gained until you expend some.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The skill points can be put toward fishing (money-making), luck (part of gambling, money-making), critical strike (do HUGE damage occasionally), income (more money every 20 minutes), or stealth (steal more money when victorious).

----------------------------------------------------------------------

You can purchase an item for yourself if you have enough money.  Items include armor, shield, helmet, weapon, charm (ability boost), and potion (temporary fighting skill boost).  Equipping better weapons allows you to deal more damage.  Better armor/helmet/shield cuts down on damage which can hurt you.  A potion gives you a temporary boost to fighting abilities such as strength and agility.  A charm is a permanent ability boost, but it's usually VERY expensive.  

(Note: you cannot purchase charms until you have been victorious in 500 fights)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fishing and gambling are, as I said, for money making.  

There's a little bit more, but I won't mention it as it deals mostly with clans and other such.  

Being a good example is hard.  I’m trying to serve as a horrible warning instead.
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 10:25:35 AM »

Cool, thanks. Seems like it could be interesting.

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Arkanor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2004, 04:52:12 AM »

The server is being upgraded today.  And probably tommorrow as well.  With luck, this will be the promised upgrade which allows more than 200 people to be logged in at the same time.  

------------------------------

Note: the current Round began May 9, and resets August 9.  

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: