BPsite Forums
April 23, 2024, 06:15:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Matrix: Reloaded  (Read 25786 times)
Everous

View Profile WWW
« on: May 22, 2003, 09:59:09 PM »

title pretty much explains it really...but a word of warning, if you go to see this film, prepare to have your brain clocking in some serious overtime if you wanna catch the subliminal messaging in the film, it comes very thick and very fast, you'd do well to catch it all...either that or lug along your strange philisophical friend...

and yes, it is important to see to exactly what its all about...otherwise it can quickly become a strangely repetetive action film with little meaning to it all...which is proabably why it picked up some less than encouraging reviews...if you don't understand it, it gets really crap really fast...and its pretty hard to understand

without spoiling too much, the ending was slightly disappointing but i understand it was made to tie in with the third film, revolutions...on the subject of which:

NOTE

when the credits come up...WAIT FOR THEM TO FINISH...you will get a sneak preview of the third film...Revolutions for your troubles in waiting for the credits...its worth it...a very cool preview
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 08:56:12 PM »

Woohoo! Going to see Matrix: Reloaded in *looks at clock* four minutes time!

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
WBHighwind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 11:47:31 PM »

yeah, I stayed to see the preview at the end after some friends told me about them. Only thing I have to say about that is that those credits must have been at least 15 mins long  <_<

Recently I got the whole movie on 2 discs so now I have it on my computer. I have slowly been watching parts of it at school and have been coming to some pretty interesting conclusions about the matrix and other parts of the movie.  :cool:  
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2003, 09:10:15 AM »

yeah, I stayed to see the preview at the end after some friends told me about them. Only thing I have to say about that is that those credits must have been at least 15 mins long  <_<

Recently I got the whole movie on 2 discs so now I have it on my computer. I have slowly been watching parts of it at school and have been coming to some pretty interesting conclusions about the matrix and other parts of the movie.  :cool:
Isn't that like... exceedingly illegal?
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2003, 01:58:08 PM »

Not exceedingly, but definitely not legal. :hmmm:

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2003, 02:24:16 PM »

I should be made ilegal, and exterminated for fun.  :blink:  

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
opperdude

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2003, 03:18:45 PM »

weeeeeeeh i saw it yesterday, weeeeeeeeeeeh is all i can say about it, didn't stay to watch all the credits tho, needed to go to the bathroom VERY  badly (wouldn't have made it till the end if it lasted 10 min longer :huh: ) well gonna see revolutions anywayz so why bother
(and to everybody who said the movie was 3 hours wasn't it more  like 2 hours and 10 mins or sumthing?)

'Joost, like juice but better' ~fire

happy now?
Arahen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2003, 03:36:47 PM »

wooo i saw it also yesterday Smiley  Smiley  Smiley ....it was fun...a bit weird but fun Smiley  

i am a girl so...
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2003, 03:37:31 PM »

The movie is about 2h30m I think... a little less than that.

And it didn't have lots of "pseudo-philosophical crap" like a lot of people are saying... that was called a storyline. :hmmm:

Perdition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2003, 11:36:12 PM »

yeah I saw it yesterday and it wasn't a very deep movie.  But it was good Neo is a Hottie(with a capital H  Wink  )    I waited after to see the preview, totally not worth it the preview is like 15 seconds long but u have to wait through the 15 minute credits b 4 u can see it.
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2003, 01:48:43 PM »

Damn fine film, I only have 1 bone to pick with it:

[Spoiler]

Tank didnt die FFS!

Other than that, damn good film.
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2003, 02:29:29 PM »

oh i think if you look slightly deeper and analyse individual references in the film....you'll find some philisophical elements...but i doubt many people will do that...

for example...the french guy's comments...why is basicly all this is about, the eventuality of the subject is irrelevant, the understanding of the why is what it life is all about...however do we know why we live?...what is the meaning of life? we don't know...does that mean that human life is irrelevant, that we live and die for no purpose?...or maybe not...

theres quite a few ones like that strewn randomly about the film...but i can't really be bothered to think about them closely...

is anyone watching the Animatrix?...i caught the "second renaissance" yesterday night...well, more like this morning...but those short features are seriously cool
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2003, 02:47:17 PM »

Yep, Seen all of the Animatrix on MTV over the last few weeks, gonna buy em on DVD in June :ph34r:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2003, 02:47:30 PM by Auron » Logged
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2003, 04:00:36 PM »

for example...the french guy's comments...why is basicly all this is about, the eventuality of the subject is irrelevant, the understanding of the why is what it life is all about...however do we know why we live?...what is the meaning of life?
"The meaning of life" is a non-sensical statement, like saying "the filesize of a pizza", or "the shape of fun", and you cannot (correctly) answer a query where there is no real question.

Unfortunately, unlike computer compilers, Life does not tend to give error messages when we do stupid things. Sad

Rug

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2003, 04:02:00 PM »

Yes SS, Of course SS.... you WANT Error messages?!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: