BPsite Forums
March 29, 2024, 06:54:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This World: Death Metal Murders  (Read 5279 times)
Rug

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2005, 11:41:44 PM »

Did anyone watch this? BBC scaremongering goes horribly wrong as fans (and artists) of extreme metal make it totally clear they are not serious.
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 11:59:45 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/this...rld/4457670.stm for those who have no idea what I'm on about.
Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 08:54:16 AM »

I dunno... there's probably some link there (maybe only that disturbed people tend to listen to metal, even if it didn't make them wackos in the first place).   :miffed:  

- I'm scissors.  Nerf rock.  Paper's fine.

-It's not the mind control that kills people; it's the fall damage.

-Que sera, sera.
mole

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 06:33:27 PM »

hmmm death metaller or chav? i know which one is more likely to kill me

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 08:14:16 PM »

I saw some of it. Couldn't figure out if it was a lame/failed attempt at scaremongering, or an attempt to actually give a balanced view.

I dunno... there's probably some link there (maybe only that disturbed people tend to listen to metal, even if it didn't make them wackos in the first place).
I think that just as high a proportion of disturbed wackos listen to other types of music.
Metal is just attacked because it's more blatantly/aggressively anti-Christian than other music.

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 11:09:39 PM »

It's like punk - everyone blamed it because it was anti-establishment. Black/death metal is attacked because it's very in-your-face anti-christian, in a lot of cases. Also, yes, there have been cases of murder/suicide within the Black/death metal community, and within fans. There are a lot more murderers and suicides that aren't fans of extreme metal, though.

If you listened to what the italian guy that was in jail for the murdering of a friend during a satanic ritual.. the guy was on some seriously fucked drugs when he did that. Which do you blame - the music or the psychotropics? Hrm.

In balance, it was a pile of shit, and Necrobutcher and Hellhammer are funny. (We'll be selling signed pig heads..)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 11:16:04 PM by Rug » Logged
matt_the_shark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2005, 02:49:01 AM »

bah, never listen to the media, they never get it right, anyway :/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: