BPsite Forums
April 27, 2024, 08:31:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Our cats are too sodding clever  (Read 4900 times)
Hornet

View Profile WWW
« on: June 11, 2004, 07:30:02 PM »

Now I mention it, the other day we posted Brumble (a very strong black cat with big ears, extra-long back legs and no tail) out through the lounge door, as he was pestering the dog (who is only a german shepherd).  Within ten seconds he'd opened the bathroom door by leaping on the handle, jumped out of the window, pelted through the hedge, vaulted back into the lounge through an open window, and used the dog as a stepping stone as he jumped down!

But going back to what I actually meant to say, Max (our other cat, black-and-white patched and very wiry) is the main genius, and it took me two days of hiding in the leylandi at supper time to see how he did it.  Since we're getting nicer weather now, we sometimes feed them under the carport outside the back door, which is a half-door with the top one usually left open, and a cat-flap in the lower part.  If they leave any of their food, it's usually eaten within a few minutes by the local magpies, which seem to have a knack for detecting abandoned food.

Anyway, Max has developed the plan of not eating his food, but going back inside the house instead.  Brumble usually eats his food when this happens, and then a fair bit of Max's, with Max staring out through the flap at him (and I've seen Max attack Brumble to stop him eating all of the food!).  When Brumble has either finished, been psyched out by Max, or leapt on if that fails, Max sits down about two foot behind the flap and looks out through it.  The second he sees a magpie go for the food, he vaults the door, almost always landing on top of the poor bugger or catching it en-route, and then eats the magpie instead!!!

We've now started feeding them indoors due to the mess (he got a pidgeon a week ago, and I'm still finding the feathers), as with the top door shut he took to hiding under the car instead.  Critter.

In the fridge! By the cheese! Waggle waggle!

Money isn't the solution to life's problems, but it can usually buy it.
Uber Peasant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 07:39:40 PM »

nice. my cat oreo ( Tongue  nice name) opens the door to my bedroom all teh time from the inside by sitting on the bookshelf. she also is wierd enugh that she takes food out of her bowl adn pushes it across the kitchen floor so the other cat dont get it.

Perdition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 08:28:31 PM »

why do I end up with all the sick cats?  I heard a  yelp noise outside so I go to check it out and I find a bigassed cat eating a kitten.  thats fucking disgusting.    :angry:  
underruler

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 09:27:41 PM »

I think Smi has a cat named Oreo.

I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and and bananas.

http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/hugs.cgi?&HUG...hug=luvr_bunnie

[img]http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/count_hugs.cgi?hug=luv
Perdition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 11:45:42 PM »

I think it got really sick so he had to put it to sleep Sad  
underruler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2004, 12:37:39 AM »

That's sad Sad but I think he had a litter of kitties though.

I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and and bananas.

http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/hugs.cgi?&HUG...hug=luvr_bunnie

[img]http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/count_hugs.cgi?hug=luv
Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2004, 04:46:53 AM »

At least she had kittens.  Smiley

And fire.... sick.  :blink:  

- I'm scissors.  Nerf rock.  Paper's fine.

-It's not the mind control that kills people; it's the fall damage.

-Que sera, sera.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: