BPsite Forums
April 16, 2024, 08:44:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: The Wheel of Time RPG  (Read 110260 times)
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2004, 06:33:50 PM »

If you want though, I've got the book infront of me now and can type up any appropriate info about the classes.
And they are broad enough that we could have two characters from the same class without them being the same.
a) I know perfectly well what a Presteige class is... But I might like to know the pre-requisites....

b) Isnt that what I just asked you to do?

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2004, 06:42:08 PM »

i dont think you know all the classes? and yes you did just ask him *chuckles*

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2004, 07:01:25 PM »

Well there's a lot of information for each class, so I'll just type the requirements & hit die for each, then if you want to know class skills/features/etc for a specific class, or maybe two if I'm feeling generous. Tongue

Aes Sedai
Hit Die: d4.
Composure: 4 ranks.
Concentration: 8 ranks.
Weavesight: 4 ranks.
Feats: Multiweave, Sense Residue, Tie Off Weave
Channeling: Two or more Talents.

Asha'man
Hit Die: d6.
Base Attack Bonus: +2.
Weavesight: 3 ranks.
Special: Proficiency with any type of sword.

Blademaster
Hit Die: d10.
Base Attack Bonus: +5.
Balance: 4 ranks.
Intimidate: 5 ranks.
Feats: Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack
Weapon: Masterwork sword.

Commander
Hit Die: d8.
Diplomacy: 6 ranks.
Ride: 5 ranks.
Special: Must belong to an organized standing force. This includes mercenary companies, national armies, and the forces attached to individual houses or nobles.

Gleeman
Background: Human, non-Aiel.
Diplomacy/Intimidate: 6 ranks (in either, not total)
Perform: 10 ranks.
Pick Pocket: 10 ranks.
Feats: Fame.

Thief-Taker
Base Attack Bonus: +6.
Gather Information: 5 ranks.
Move Silently: 5 ranks.
Search: 5 ranks.
Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (swordbreaker), Track.

Warder
Hit Die: d12.
Base Attack Bonus: +6.
Ride: 4 ranks.
Feats: Alertness, Improved Initiative, Combat Reflexes.
Special: A character must have been the target of the bond warder weave prior to taking any levels of this class.

Windfinder
Hit Die: d4.

Wise One
Feats: Multiweave, Sense Residue.

Wolfbrother
Background: Non-Ogier.
Animal Empathy: 8 ranks.
Listen: 5 ranks.
Spot: 5 ranks.
Wilderness Lore: 5 ranks.
Feats: Animal Affinity, Latent Dreamer.
Special: Must have heard the call of the wolves or spent time in a wilderness area.
Accelerated Madness: A hero can waive up to three of the skill and feat requirements but each one so waived adds an additional 1d6 roll to his Madness rating.

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2004, 07:05:25 PM »

Would a Woodsman/Blademaster work? And if so, can I get a bit more info on those two please.

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2004, 07:06:09 PM »

Yeah, I think so... I'll type up relevant stuff.

Okay, the two class bits are now below. Except for the level table things, which I couldn't be bothered to do. Tongue
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 07:51:17 PM by SS » Logged

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2004, 07:43:01 PM »

i thought of taking wolfbrother in the beggining but it seemed too hard to RP early on

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2004, 07:50:01 PM »

Woodsman
The forests are home to fierce, cunning, and swift creatures, such as bears, wolves, deer, mountains cats, and the like. But more cunning and powerful than all of these is the woodsman, a skilled hunter and stalker. He knows the woods as if they were his home (as indeed they are), and he knows his prey in deadly detail.
Adventures: Woodsmen often accept the role of protector, aiding those who live in or travel through the woods and other wild areas. Additionally, woodsmen may adventure for all the reasons that armsmen do.
Characteristics: The woodsman is capable in combat and widely proficient in weapons. His skills allow him to survive in the wilderness, to find his prey, and to avoid detection. He has a special degree of knowledge in the type of terrain in which he lives and works, which gives him even more advantage there.
As the name indicates, most woodsmen spend their time in forested areas. However, with the GM's permission, a player could use this class to create a character adept at surviving in other types of wilderness areas, such as the desert, swamps, mountains, or the Blight.
Origin: Some woodsmen gained their training as part of special military teams, but most learned their skills from solitary masters who accepted them as students and assistants.
Background: Woodsmen most often come from the mislands or Borderlands, where there are many forested areas and a healthy population of game animals and dangerous beasts for them to hunt.
Examples: Tam al'Thor, Abell Cauthon.

Game Rule Information:
Woodsmen have the following game statistics.
Abilities: Dexterity is important for a woodsman because woodsmen tend to wear light armor and because several woodsman skills are based on Dexterity. Strength aids woodsmen in combat. Constitution is important because it helps them endure the rigors of the wild, and wounds they receive in battle. Several woodsman skills are based on Wisdom.

Class Skills:
The woodsman's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Animal Empathy (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft, (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal 9Wis), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Intuit Direction (Wis), Jump (Str), Knowledge(nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Use Rope (Dex), and Wilderness Lore (Wis).

Class Features:
All of the following are class features of the woodsman.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A woodsman is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, light armor, medium armor, and shields. Note that some armor types incur armor check penalties to the skills Balance, Climb, Escape Artist, Hide, Jump, Move Silently, Pick Pocket, and Tumble. Also, Swim checks suffer a -1 penalty for every 5 pounds of armor and equipment carried.
Nature's Warrior: When fighting in a single natural environment he chooses (forest, swamp, plains, mountains, the Waste, or the Blight), the woodsman gets to add half his Dexterity bonus to attack rolls against humanoid opponents (humans, Trollocs, Myrddraal, and so on) in addition to his Strength bonus. He gets to add a second environment in which this bonus applies at 8th level, and a third at 16th. He may also apply this bonus whenever fighting wild beasts, no matter where he fights them.
Track: A woodsman gains Track as a bonus feat at 1st level.
Partial Improved Initiative: When wearing light armor or no armor, a woodsman can fight as if he had the feat Improved Initiative. He loses this special bonus when fighting in medium or heavy armor.
Woodland Stealth: When in forests and other natural environments, a woodsman receives a +2 competence bonus to his Hide and Move Silently checks. This bonus increases to +4 at 12th level.
Bonus Feats: At 4th, 9th, 14th and 19th levels, the woodsman gets a bonus feat. These nmust be drawn from the following list:
Ambidexterity, Blind Fight, Combat Expertise (Improved Disarm, Improved Trip, Whirlwind Attack), Combat Reflexes, Dodge (Mobility, Spring Attack), Exotic Weapon Proficiency*, Improved Critical*, Improved Initiative, Improved Unarmed Strike, Mounted Combat (Mounted Archery, Trample, Ride-By Attack, Spirited Charge), Point Blank Shot (Far Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Shot on the Run), Power Attack (Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, Sunder, Great Cleave), Quick Draw, Two-Weapon Fighting (Improved Two Weapon Fighting), Weapon Finesse*, Weapon Focus*, Weapon Specialization*.
Some of the bonus feats available to a woodsman cannot be acquired until the armsman has gained one or more prerequisite feats; these feats are listed parnthetically after the prerequisite feat. A woodsman can select feats marked with an asterisk (*) more than once, but it mist be for a different weapon each time. A woodsman must still meet all prerequisites for a feat, including ability score and base attack bonus minimums.
Important: These feats are in addition to the feat that a character of any class gets every three levels. The woodsman is not limited to the list given here when choosing those feats.
Weapon Specialization: On achieving 6th level or higher, as a feat the woodsman may take Weapon Specialization. Weapon Specialization adds a +2 damage bonus with a chosen weapon. The woodsman must have Weapon Focus with that weapon to take Weapon Specialization. If the weapon is a ranged weapon, the damage bonus only applies if the target is within 30 feet, because only at that range can the woodsman strike precisely enough to hit more effectively. The woodsman may take this feat as a bonus feat or as a regular one. Other classes may not take Weapon Specialization as a feat unless so noted in their descriptions.

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2004, 07:50:09 PM »

Blademaster
The heron-mark sword of a true blademaster strikes fear into even the most battle-weathered veteran. In times past, individual blademasters were known far and wide, their exploits the stuff of legend. These men often carried blades wrought by the One Power during the Age of Legends, symbols of their martial prowess. In the Third Age, fewer blademasters walk the land, but their unique talents make them no less deadly than their forebears.
Blademasters train for many long years to perfect their swordwork, although anyone who has actually earned one of the rare remaining heron-marks can tell you that none ever truly master the forms. Rather, blademasters consider themselves to be artists, moving throuhg their forms in an unending, darkly beautiful dance of death. Their training represents a path toward inner calm and self-reflection, not a lifeless collection of martial skills. A blademaster worthy of the title knows that he cannot master is blade unless he has first mastered himself. In fact, most pursue centering techniquessimilar to Rand al'Thor's "flame and the void" method.
Blademasters usually embark on their careers as armsmen, nobles or wanderers. Many begin their training at a young age and continue to hone their skills throughout their lives.

Requirements:
Feats: Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack
Weapon: Masterwork sword.

Class Skills:
The woodsman's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge(weaponry) (Int), Listen (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), and Tumble (Dex).
Skills Points at Each Level: 2 + Int modifier.

Class features:
All of the following are class features of the blademaster:
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A blademaster is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, with all types of armor, and with shields.
Parting the Silk: After you score a hit with your sword, you do not roll dice to determine the damage. Instead, you figure the normal maximum damage (not a critical hit) you can influct with that weapin and deal that much damage to the target. Additional damage, such as from using the Power Attack feat and sneak attack ability, is determined normally; this damage is not maximized. This ability cannot be used when you roll a successful critical hit.
A blademaster can use parting the silk once per day per level at 1st level, twice per day per level on reaching 4th level, and three times per day per level at 8th level and higher.
Increased Multiplier: Determine the standard critical multiplier for your sword. With this ability, you can increase that multiplier by 1. For example,  the longsword has a critical multiplier of x2. Using this ability, you can increase that multiplier to x3. You must declare the use of this ability before you roll any damage dice.
The blademaster can use this ability once per day at 2nd level, twice per day at 6th level, and three times per day at 10th level.
Superior Weapon Focus: At 3rd level, the blademaster becomes one with his sword. Stacking with any existing Weapon Focus bnous, this adds an additional +1 to all attack rolls with the blademaster's chosen sword.
Eyes of the Crane: On reaching 5th level, when a blademaster delays his attack with his sword until after he is attacked in the round, he takes advantage of the opening provided and gains a +2 bonus on his attack and damage rolls (this bonus stacks with the parting the silk bonus).
Hummingbird Kisses the Honeyrose: At 7th level, the blademaster gains Improved Critical as a bonus feat.
Heron Spreads His Wings: At 9th level, the blademaster can make a Whirlwind Attack as an attack action rather than as a full action. Only one Whirlwind Attack can be made per round.

Rug

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2004, 08:21:00 PM »

Now, y'see, this is what I did for all of the backgrounds (racial types) and classes before it got eaten.

If you could post all of the backgrounds, with the background feat choices (choose one) background skill choices (again, so people can choose one) and equipment options, that would save me a major headache.

Oh, and if you compare the D&D 3rd ed Weaponmaster and the Blademaster they are actually identical, with different feat names.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 08:24:58 PM by Rug » Logged
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2004, 08:25:43 PM »

Youch. How'd it get eaten?

And yeah, I'll type all that stuff after dinner. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 08:26:28 PM by SS » Logged

Rug

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2004, 08:27:35 PM »

Youch. How'd it get eaten?

Metapad aint as stable as it should be, it seems >.>.
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2004, 08:30:01 PM »

Heh, I'll be testing it later. And saving frequently. Tongue

Rug

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2004, 08:32:10 PM »

About being channelers - you can be one if you have your own copy of the rule book, btw.
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2004, 08:52:46 PM »

How much and where from?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 08:53:00 PM by RipperRoo » Logged

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2004, 10:38:57 PM »

£20 from Amazon. Possibly less from other places.

-

In other news, my typing is not as good as it used to be. Sad

Done the intro and Borderlanders sections, 3k words in just over an hour... only about 40-45 words per minute - I should be doubling that! :cry:

-

Actually, screw that; there's a scanner at university. I'll go scan the pages tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 10:39:36 PM by SS » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: