BPsite Forums
April 29, 2024, 03:30:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Names...  (Read 42506 times)
Saladin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2004, 01:34:36 AM »

you seriously had no idea who i was? LOL

do i act whitewashed?

I have become Death; destroyer of worlds.
--J. Robert Oppenheimer upon witnessing the explosion of the first atomic bomb
[/font]
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
[/font]
Zathman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2004, 03:23:40 AM »

"Zathman" Originated from an older Pseudonym of mine "Zathras" (I swear I did not get this pseudonym from Babylon 5. I've used this pseudonym for about 10 years now {Zathras & Variants} and only 2 years ago did I finally get the SciFi Channel, and realised that there was a Zathras on Babylon 5 (I still haven't seen any episode with him.).). My name came to me in a dream I had, which started off where I kept falling backwards into a flooded neighborhood and I kept trying to keep myself afloat. When I finally found myself some safe ground, I saw a TV which had the news on, my face was featured and they were saying "As of today, Zathras is pronounced dead due to a freak accident in his home." The name 'Zathras' stuck with me, and for years after that I kept adding variants to the name, "Aramon Zathras", "Andriu Adonai Aramon Zathras", "Andriu Adonai-Iemundo Hazakhan Adoni-Aramon Zathras", "Aragoth Zathras", "Sir Zathras", "Tonosama Zathras", "Lord Zathras", "Emperor Zathras", "Zathman".

Only recently have I stuck with 3 pseudonym variants: "Lord Zathras {Lord_Zathras @IRC}", "Emperor Zathras {Emperor_Zathras@hotmail.com; EmperorZathras AIM}", and "Zathman".

Yes, yes, may seem really weird, and you may think of me as a freak, but really, I'm not. But that's where my pseudonym came from. Smiley
underruler

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2004, 03:35:31 AM »

you seriously had no idea who i was? LOL

do i act whitewashed?
I don't know I've never talked to you.  I can usually tell by voice, tone, and pronunciation.  Do you use ebonics?

Hey Zathman: don't worry about being a freak; here being a freak is embraced Wink
« Last Edit: May 12, 2004, 03:37:10 AM by underruler » Logged

I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and and bananas.

http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/hugs.cgi?&HUG...hug=luvr_bunnie

[img]http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/count_hugs.cgi?hug=luv
Zathman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2004, 04:06:14 AM »

Oh... Cheesy Jolly Good. To be a freak... is to be free; as i see it.
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2004, 01:01:48 PM »

Woohoo! Another freak free-man. Cheesy

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Filran

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2004, 01:31:25 PM »

why do people always add the XsomethingX on the name?
I use the damn xs on my  AIM name. Originally it meant you were hard edge or something like that, but I only use x's when the name I want is taken. Bastards! Derogative doesn't belong to you! -dashes off into the morning.-

Too hot to handle, too cold to hold.

Member of TGA for five years! Joined Feb 1st, 2003
GandalfTheOld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2004, 04:04:51 PM »

hey it's Asian Pride!!! nothin wrong with that
I'm with underruler also in that the "azn" stuff is lame.
I'd like to see every black person have "nigga" in their screennames, and see if that strikes strange to you.

I see both as very much insulting to their respective cultures, a sort of bumpersticker that could be abused by people that don't belong in them.  A person does NOT need to advertise to the world which race they claim to belong to.  The fact that it's not even spelled right(Asian, damnit, not azn) gives away the ignorance in it.

And so far, every single persona with things like that (and the x's at beginning and end) on their screennames that I've chatted/met so far proved to be ignorant childish people that act like they belong in elementary school. and stay there.

Oh, and I used to make it a point to attack every orc with those stuff in their names that I could hit back in Age 1 and 2, too... the fools that also usually have every other letter capitalized Tongue
« Last Edit: May 12, 2004, 04:05:29 PM by GandalfTheOld » Logged

koc name:Maaya
Perdition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2004, 07:09:00 PM »

diskreet isnt childish :angry:  
GandalfTheOld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2004, 07:16:07 PM »

maybe it's just my final-exam-burned-out-brain of mine, but i don't remember chatting with disk as xsilentx... so i'm not counting him in it. Tongue

koc name:Maaya
underruler

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2004, 02:04:54 AM »

I'm w/ Gand CaPiTaLiZiNg EvErY oThEr LeTtEr LiKe ThIS is pointless and makes things harder to read.
Oh...  Jolly Good. To be a freak... is to be free; as i see it.

Zathman if somebody doesn't make you a member soon I'm going to do something.  I <3 you. :wub:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 02:06:21 AM by underruler » Logged

Saladin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2004, 02:22:04 AM »

I don't know I've never talked to you.  I can usually tell by voice, tone, and pronunciation.  Do you use ebonics?

Not really. i talk what would be considered black. no normal black people really use it anymore, just rappers, guys lookin for attention and the people i most despise, wiggas

[/font]
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
[/font]
Saladin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2004, 02:23:18 AM »

I'm with underruler also in that the "azn" stuff is lame.
I'd like to see every black person have "nigga" in their screennames, and see if that strikes strange to you.

I see both as very much insulting to their respective cultures, a sort of bumpersticker that could be abused by people that don't belong in them.  A person does NOT need to advertise to the world which race they claim to belong to.  The fact that it's not even spelled right(Asian, damnit, not azn) gives away the ignorance in it.

And so far, every single persona with things like that (and the x's at beginning and end) on their screennames that I've chatted/met so far proved to be ignorant childish people that act like they belong in elementary school. and stay there.

Oh, and I used to make it a point to attack every orc with those stuff in their names that I could hit back in Age 1 and 2, too... the fools that also usually have every other letter capitalized Tongue
good point, but azn isn't really a degoratory name.

sorry for the double post
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 02:23:49 AM by Saladin » Logged

[/font]
--Plato
[/font]
Zathman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2004, 02:26:03 AM »

Zathman if somebody doesn't make you a member soon I'm going to do something.  I <3 you. :wub:
:wub: * Hands UnderRuler a lovely red rose ---,---'---{@ *

Well once SMI comes around, I'll either become a member, or i'll be hung upside down by my toes dripping with honey over an ant hill. Whichever comes first, the SweetDream, or the NightMare... Such a horrible tradeoff either way, the SweetDream of SMI actually showing up, is loaded with carbs... Tongue
underruler

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2004, 02:29:17 AM »

good point, but azn isn't really a degoratory name.

sorry for the double post
Yea...but it is annoying...like the asian people that use the word nigga when referring to each other.

Zathman: Either way...dripping in honey isn't that bad Wink

Zathman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2004, 02:45:56 AM »

Zathman: Either way...dripping in honey isn't that bad Wink
Hmmm.... True that is... Very True. But then again, Chocolate I hear tell is much better.  :grass:  
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 02:48:38 AM by Zathman » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: