BPsite Forums
April 28, 2024, 11:57:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: LOTR  (Read 31508 times)
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2003, 04:14:15 AM »

/me is probly gonna see it tomorrow.
also, i heard that saramon will still be in the movie, but only in the dvd edition as a cut out scene.

HaHa. This post cost SS .5 cents! So Sayeth the Evilknight.
Hmmm. The court will take a 15 minute recess to fix the judicial...bench...thingy. ~Ethan
LadyofLight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2003, 10:52:20 PM »

Yay!  I just saw it again!  It's even better the second time...

Saruman is only in the extended edition, not the theatrical edition.

* diskreet votes for LadyofLight as cutest TGA member. Cheesy

* diskreet picks up LadyofLight and takes her home. Tongue

* LadyofLight feels like diskreet is trying to take advantage of her :-|
G1lbert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2003, 07:37:18 PM »

If you havent seen it yet, GO SEE IT!! You're ubercool if you see the midnight showing
hehe.. saw the midnight showing the night of the 16th..

Tongue

*spoiler*

thought the end was too corny though.. and the fight-scènes way too blurry.. didn't like the fact that legolas had to 'surf' again also.. nevertheless, great film Wink  

Drauka

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2003, 02:21:43 AM »

It sucked they totally chainsawed the end of the book.
They floated more and more away from the books as they went though the movies.
All those scenes that draged on that needent have could have ben cut short, and they could have put the PROPER ending into it.

And at the tower in the last and this one Where the hell was wormtounge?

fish peter, i hope some rabid lotr fan kills him.

Signature:

I am;
A Labourless Peasant, (Damning, Rambling, Aspiring, Unenlightening, King of Anything)
A Masked Faceless, (Diabolical Reliable Assassin of the Underworld, Knowledgeable in the mimickable Arts.)
A Soldier of Sand, Deplorable and Dutiful. Rugged yet Refined. United, and Undeniable. Austere yet Amendable. Kind, and Kingly. Arduous yet Amiable.
A General of the Fallen Legion, (I led my forces into the Deep, we Ran to Assault the Undefeated Keep. Admirably my men crashed like a wave to a ship. the ground shook with our marching and caused me to slip. I fell and later I began to wake. the ground again began to shake, but this time every one fell... Into the Lord’s precipice of hell, here I am damned to forever fall into the abyss.)
A King of the Fallen Nation, (Death stalks his murky streets. Rats run rampant to their Abundant feasts. The Undead stalk the boarders at night. the King, though fallen, has yet to be defeated in a fight. No nation dares intrude upon the unrelenting king. For they fear the horrors his merciless wrath would bring. People fear to leave his nation, and also to Arrive. But his people are just as relentless and resialiant,  they strive to survive.) “The Nation of Steel Will Never Yield.
An Emperor [span style=\'color:green\']of the Anarchists
, (Dispiteous Reaper of Atrocion, Underestimated Kaiser of Ambition)
A God [span style=\'color:green\']of the Faithless[/span], (Defiance, I will never allow. Reliance, I will never allow. Assurance, I will never give. Understanding, I will never give. Killing I will never explain. Always basking, in paradox.)
I am: The Dead, The Underworld, and Death.
I am... Drauka.
[/span]

-Remorse for there is naught left to remorse for.
-We are the metaphorical whores of a new generaltion.
-Again metaphors that means people sit silent and still.
-Ah, this life is just my chessboard, and you are just my pawn.
-Feel the fucking fire rise, up and above and past your eyes.

Jason H. Fredricks'
ns33

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2003, 02:23:16 AM »

I only counted four and a half endings... And after watching it 4 times, I would KNOW if all the endings were there...  <_<  <_< Maybe that's why the end was so long, Drauka?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2003, 02:24:15 AM by ns33 » Logged
matt_the_shark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2003, 02:37:59 AM »

It sucked they totally chainsawed the end of the book.
They floated more and more away from the books as they went though the movies.
All those scenes that draged on that needent have could have ben cut short, and they could have put the PROPER ending into it.

And at the tower in the last and this one Where the hell was wormtounge?

fish peter, i hope some rabid lotr fan kills him.
the proper ending is supposed to be in the extended version.  you'll just have to wait

evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2003, 03:55:51 AM »

well, if they hadnt put that stupid ass beginning there, then they might have been able to do it right. i mean, the beginning was even a bit confusing for me at first, and i had read the book b4.

Hmmm. The court will take a 15 minute recess to fix the judicial...bench...thingy. ~Ethan
matt_the_shark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2003, 03:57:15 AM »

don't tell me about it, because i havn't seen it yet.  my plans to see it saturday were ruined because of me getting so sick Sad

evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2003, 04:17:51 AM »

bah, some fan u were.
hehe, the daily show was cracking on one of the first showings around new york, because so many people were wearing wizard hats, it was hard to see the actual movie.

ns33

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2003, 04:54:13 AM »

I cant tell you how uncool you are if you're seeing it a week after, Matt. I think I'm just going to stop talking to you until you've seen all three movies at least twice.
Thamior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2003, 05:58:02 AM »

I just saw it tonight.  I liked it a lot.  I'm just mad that I'll never get to see another LotR movie.  I didn't have to wait as long as I expected to wait before I could see it.

I'm gonna hang out with my wang out and rock out with my cock out!
c4rc4s

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2003, 06:09:29 AM »

Saw it midnight on the 17th.. or some people would say 16th, though 17th is correct ;] I prefered the book, just as I do with all books which become movies, but I still think that it was great. especially if you watch the extended versions of fellowship & two towers before going to see ROTK.. but damn your ass hurts afterwords. Anyhow, I agree it was stretched and could have been better. Whatever, I enjoyed it none the less Wink Glad to see people have taken a true interest in LOTR, i really hate it when people read a book just because they saw the movie.. it should be the other way around, but I guess it is a way of getting kids to read books they would never normally touch due to their size Smiley

----
KoC name: hlsniper
Memento Mori.
Saladin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2003, 12:06:01 AM »

well, if they hadnt put that stupid ass beginning there, then they might have been able to do it right. i mean, the beginning was even a bit confusing for me at first, and i had read the book b4.
the beginning is Smeagol killing Deagol

I have become Death; destroyer of worlds.
--J. Robert Oppenheimer upon witnessing the explosion of the first atomic bomb
[/font]
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
[/font]
Perdition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2003, 12:42:22 AM »

smeagol is the coolest charector *me leaves only to plan the perfect moment to shove more random thoughts into your conversation*
ns33

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2003, 12:53:56 AM »

Watch the commentary in FOTR and TTT extended DVDs, especially with the cast and directors. The "making" on each set generally applies only to that movie, although there are clips from the others (like ROTK in TTT). JUST GET IT DAMMIT!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: