BPsite Forums
April 25, 2024, 10:21:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Starcraft  (Read 17337 times)
Shadow Hawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2003, 01:32:45 AM »

mmm...i remember sonic spinball in particular.  the only other thing ive had...besides SEGA and my comp. was an Amiga.  It was like an old computer that was only made for playing games.  It had your usual keyboard and mouse, and you could hook up the sega controllers to it as well.  There was no windows or anything like that...just game disks that you inserted.  We had 3 really cool games:
Spinball (a collection of 4 pinball games that just rocked complete arse)
Dungeon Master (the best RPG EVER!!!)
Super Cars 2 (the best car game ever...all the cars are loaded with missiles and jumppacks and all that, and you just wage war on each other as you try to complete the race first...hehehehhe, the good ole days)

"Always cheat, Always Win, the only unfair fight is the one you lose."
PhantomDarkness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2003, 01:37:44 AM »

Sonic ruled!  he was awesome.  The best was 2, cause there were cheats that allowed you to become super sonic!

Blah Blah Blah

"Hey Mr. Gopher, its me, Mr. Rabbit.  Just an ordinary rabbit, not plastic explosives or anything."  Caddyshack
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2003, 08:39:23 PM »

sry, im afraid that the amiga was b4 my time.
as for cheats, i had a real good one for the original sonic the hedgehog. it let u skip levels, become invincible, and even edit the terrain or add/subtract enemies. in other words, pretty much editing mode.

HaHa. This post cost SS .5 cents! So Sayeth the Evilknight.
Hmmm. The court will take a 15 minute recess to fix the judicial...bench...thingy. ~Ethan
lord of the dead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2003, 09:13:29 PM »

Starcraft is my favorite game ever. It's always the first I install when I re-install Windows. Tongue I'd have to say I liked the Zerg. They're only good if you know how to use them, and most people don't. With the other races, units are precious, and you want to preserve them, but with Zerg, you have to throw hundreds of units against the enemy, and keep attacking constantly. It's a very different style of gameplay than Terran and Protoss.
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2003, 04:15:29 PM »

well duh, every race has a different way of playing. the zerg are a swarming race, the terren are semi-swarming, with a few high powered units, and the protoss are filled with high powered units

Hmmm. The court will take a 15 minute recess to fix the judicial...bench...thingy. ~Ethan
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2003, 05:15:34 PM »

heh...400 zerg zerglings XD ...classy...but i always thought the terrans were the best...they've got power, strategy, and swarming if you feel like it...very cool...

ah yeah...gotta love the nukes...everyone needs nukes  
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2003, 12:58:50 AM »

ah yes, the nuke. whenever i play a newbie, i use nukes. i just set up a base outside of theirs to contain them, then i just get a few nukes and BAM! instant win

Shadow Hawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2003, 03:46:55 PM »

mmm...i sucked at starcraft, never got into it properly.  i got into warcraft II a lot, and owned that.  i tried warcraft III for a month or two, got to about level 12 and then quit cos it wasnt as fun as SF or WCII.  strategy games are wearing out on me for some reason, waiting for something new and amazing, (but not something from westwood!)

"Always cheat, Always Win, the only unfair fight is the one you lose."
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2003, 11:35:12 AM »

to be honest i'm not really all too good at starcraft....i'm alright at tactical combat, good use of units etc. but base building is where i really just die on my knees...
xyph

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2003, 03:07:43 AM »

i Love star craft.. but i suck at star craft i only play use map setting games. LOL there the only things i'm good at. i like ter. the best.. protoss comes next.. it's fun thth the protoss cannons... get a shitload, and nothing an stop you.. but then again.. swarming rines with stimpack.... is such a sweet thing, nothing better than having zerg for breakfast.. unless it's orc.  Cheesy  

FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2003, 06:22:30 PM »

I don't really like SC all that much. I've played it a ton, and got pretty decent, but all I do now is the occasional mod map at LAN parties. On the rare occasion that I'm not playing some mod map, I play Toss--a nice fleet of Carriers can really school the opponents.

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

Yaza2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2003, 03:10:38 AM »

starcraft is a great game but i really enjoy playing command and conquer....anyone play the latest one. :miffed:  

dead -_-'    
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2003, 05:04:32 PM »

its uh...not so good, absolutely no tactics, its all about who's got more stuff...

stick with Yuri's revenge, its a classic
Arkanor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2003, 10:12:26 PM »

If any race, I'll pick Terran, for the Cruisers and Siege Tanks.  But there are almost no unit tactics in SC, just rushing, nuking, and swarming.  It should be that terrain gives you tactical advantage, formations, better unit control... or maybe I'm just a control freak.

Being a good example is hard.  I’m trying to serve as a horrible warning instead.
Knightinferno

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2003, 02:28:50 AM »

Ha ha ha ha. I own terran with toss  :devil:  

Proud member of TGA since June 28, 2003 Cheesy. Ruler of the underclass orcs
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: