BPsite Forums
April 29, 2024, 08:35:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A problem  (Read 4716 times)
Nalfeinn

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2003, 04:00:19 AM »

There is like 2 weeks, I apply to the alliance. I didn't get an answer back so I just retry but it say me that my name is already used... Wath can I do?
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2003, 04:52:28 AM »

You could PM SS or Rug about it.  But this thread will get their attention anyhow… Wink
Hang-tight, one of them will help you soon I bet. Cheesy  

*was here
GandalfTheOld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2003, 05:11:02 AM »

There are mainly three requirements for being accepted:
1. Activity
2. Frequency
3. Loyalty

And these are the questions I ask myself as I look at each and every applicant according to the above requirements:
1. Are you active in the forums? Do you post at least every few days?
2. Do you visit the forums even if you don't post?  How often during the week?
3. Do you still come around for weeks?  Are you committed?  Are you acting respectably as a possible future TGA member?

Try asking yourself the above, if you answer "no" to any part of the questions, that's most likely the reason. Wink

koc name:Maaya
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2003, 08:23:48 AM »

1. Are you active in the forums? Do you post at least every few days?
And seeing as how the above was only the 2nd post in somethin like 20 days.....I think we found the root of your problem. In order to be accepted, you have to stay active on these boards. Youll notice that many of the regulars have anywhere from 10-30 posts per day. That's far from what we ask of new recruits--a mere few posts every few days, just enough to prove that you're going to stay active and help everyone else just as they will help you (should you get accepted).

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

smi256

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2003, 07:41:10 PM »

There are a lot of member I think I've never seen in the forum...
Gandalf (sorry, I didn't know you were in charge of new recruits), how long does it take for you to start thinking about booting people for not being in the forum?
Cuz I've got vacation coming up, and I don't think I'll have access to a computer...

*was here
Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2003, 03:34:50 AM »

You don't get booted for not posting (I think).  At most, if you just leave the rest of us a message saying you're gonna be gone, that will be enough.  Wink  

- I'm scissors.  Nerf rock.  Paper's fine.

-It's not the mind control that kills people; it's the fall damage.

-Que sera, sera.
GandalfTheOld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2003, 06:34:54 PM »

You don't get booted for not posting (I think).  At most, if you just leave the rest of us a message saying you're gonna be gone, that will be enough.  Wink
Yuppers.
At least I certainly don't have the permission to boot anyone off the alliance... I believe that's something Auron/Rug and SS decides.

And most likely they'll boot only for the extreme cases (traitor, enemy, attacking non-orcs without them starting the fight), not for a mere vacation or not posting...

In the case of prospective recruits, though, that's a different matter:
If over a month passes by without them posting a thing, they deserve to be booted off.
It's a clear evidence of not committed to the game.

koc name:Maaya
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: