BPsite Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:25:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: A problem and the ideal solution  (Read 27740 times)
Arantor

View Profile WWW
« on: October 13, 2003, 05:37:28 PM »

Here's the deal.  My username's Arantor, and I attacked Robke136 a couple times.  In retaliation 5 or 6 TGA members attempted covert missions on me.  Whiteknight attacked me, and I took that to mean that somebody had made it through and had sabotaged my weapons.  I retaliated.  Whiteknight informed me that I had not been sabbed, that I had been thought unsabbable.  Robke informed me that if I stopped attacking then, all would be well. Cheesy

I've done nothing to TGA people since then, but since then I've been successfully sabotaged twice, two different times (I just discovered the second this morning). :angry: In response to a request for a member list (who not to attack) and a complaint that I was still being sabbed, whiteknight started using name-calling and tough-guy threats. <_<

I would love to go back to the way things were.  Low profile, etc.  I'm willing to.  I'm wanting to.  But I'm *waiting* to.  Why?  Because I can't if this doesn't stop.

Once I'm told that this will stop happening, then I'll go my merry way.  I have plenty of better things to do for the rest of age 2 than to be at odds with an alliance with half a dozen members in the top 100.  Hey, I wouldn't mind being a member myself. Smiley

But unless I have assurances that this will stop happening (I still haven't attacked your members since robke136, that I know of) I'll have nothing better to do than to be at odds with you guys.  I won't be purchasing more weapons.  I won't be attacking.  I'm not going to waste money on stuff I can't keep.  That'd be stupid of me.

Where will all those extra attack turns go then?  The TGA alliance has dozens of practically covert-less members.  You can attack me, destroy my weapons (If I have any), take my gold, but you can't come kill my spies or downgrade me from my current spy level.  I am willing to end hostilities (remember, I haven't attacked you guys since Robke told me to stop), but if you prove to be unwilling, I will have no choice but to devote my every attack turn to creating wrack and ruin among you.  :fireball::asha'man/2::fireball/r:

Summary:
1.  Stop attacking me, and all is well; I might even join, for orcs are evil.
2.  Continue to attack, and, as things now stand, I can do far more damage to a great many of your members than you all combined can do to me.  Without weapons, and with 40-odd men, there's practically nothing of mine for you to hurt.
Conclusion:  It is in the best interests of both me and TGA to end hostilities.  Wanna?

Thank you.
Aran Taur, Lord of Fire
« Last Edit: October 15, 2003, 03:45:23 PM by Arantor » Logged
opperdude

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2003, 07:25:22 PM »

i'd say stop hostilities and see what the future will bring
t would be nice if robke said it's enough and requests that the attacks will stop tho, as he called for help

'Joost, like juice but better' ~fire

happy now?
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2003, 07:27:54 PM »

Okay, If everyone would like to stop thwacking seven kind sof shit out of Arantor now? yes.... put the Axe down disk.... better. Ok.

I consider this apology to be sufficent to stop attacking you. If you get any trouble from us, come to me...
diskreet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2003, 07:38:01 PM »

eh?  i don't own any axes.

might upon might.
strength upon strength.
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2003, 07:46:09 PM »

I don't robke136 comes into the forum much, I don't remember hardly any posts.  so give him some time to find the message. I'll send him through KOC.

*was here
Arantor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2003, 08:48:21 PM »

Okay, If everyone would like to stop thwacking seven kind sof shit out of Arantor now? yes.... put the Axe down disk.... better. Ok.

I consider this apology to be sufficent to stop attacking you. If you get any trouble from us, come to me...
Thank you kindly!  I guess I'll trash my list of sabbable TGAers and get going again.  

Aran Taur

P.S.  I am right in thinking that if I joined this place I'd have to stop using all my non-orc farms?
opperdude

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2003, 08:50:26 PM »

yes unless they started attacking you and you farm them to retaliate

happy now?
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2003, 08:50:47 PM »

IRT your PS: Nope, thats only if yo decide to join TGA - being a member of this forum does not make you a TGA member. This forum was started a full year before KoC existed Wink.
opperdude

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2003, 08:54:15 PM »

well i think he meant TGA with 'this place' (as he insinuated that he might wann join TGA earlier)
if you just wanna hang out in the headquarters, its' fine by me too

happy now?
whiteknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2003, 11:45:48 PM »

Arantor, maybe you should reconsider your recriminations of name calling and consider what you sent to me which shall at this point remain unspoken.  I consider the word "bastard" to be a relatively mild name that i use frequently with my friends.  As for tough guy threats, if you mess with TGA, expect to be messed with.  I make no apologies whatsoever for this.  And haven't you ever heard of roleplaying?  Grow up and stop whining.  I'm sick of playing nice guy.  If you don't want to attack TGA, then attack orcs.

and don't get into a war of words with me.  you won't like the results....oh no flaming mind you....just simple cold logic. You're outmatched. If you want peace, fine.  I won't attack you.  But do not mess with us.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2003, 11:55:42 PM by whiteknight » Logged

When you plan for the worst, all suprises are pleasant
-Gaul

Cavalry General Retired.
But remember, once a Knight of the Order, always a Knight of the Order
Arantor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2003, 12:28:43 AM »

Arantor, maybe you should reconsider your recriminations of name calling and consider what you sent to me which shall at this point remain unspoken.  I consider the word "bastard" to be a relatively mild name that i use frequently with my friends.  As for tough guy threats, if you mess with TGA, expect to be messed with.  I make no apologies whatsoever for this.  And haven't you ever heard of roleplaying?  Grow up and stop whining.  I'm sick of playing nice guy.  If you don't want to attack TGA, then attack orcs.

and don't get into a war of words with me.  you won't like the results....oh no flaming mind you....just simple cold logic. You're outmatched. If you want peace, fine.  I won't attack you.  But do not mess with us.
Oy!  And now you insult my intelligence.  :hehe:

That is not, in my experience, the normal view on the word "bastard," nor is its meaning lost on me.  But regardless, I'm not trying to pick a fight with you or anyone else here.  Go ahead and post what I sent you if you so desire.  It was a very very shortened version of the above, and sent to you because I thought you to be in a high position in TGA.  And I ask for no apologies.  But I would point out I wasn't "messing with" TGA; I stopped when so requested.

Oooh, you scare me.   :rolleyes:  But I'm not in here to war with anyone, though I realize it's risky to enter an alliance's forum and demand instant peace, or else.  It's not called whining, it's...diplomacy.  Wink

IRT orcs, I did mean TGA, rather than this forum.  I've applied for membership, and figure by the end of the week I'll know both whether I want to be a member and whether I'll be allowed a member.  

Thanks!
Aran Taur
whiteknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2003, 12:38:41 AM »

I cannot help your view on the word "bastard."  You will take that as you will, whether or not i''m calling you an illegitimate child(which i was not).  If you so chose, i will refrain from using such a term when dealing directly with you.
as for joining the alliance, i have no real say in this except for whatever sway my longtime affiliation with TGA brings me.
if you're willing to attack orcs, and only orcs unless they're alliance enemies i have no problem with your joining.
However, do not expect me to be your friend. Should you actually be let in, I will treat you as any member, but i will not be your buddy.  I strongly dislike people who accuse me of wrongdoing when i'm protecting a member of my alliance and dealing with insolent enemies.

When you plan for the worst, all suprises are pleasant
-Gaul

Cavalry General Retired.
But remember, once a Knight of the Order, always a Knight of the Order
Arantor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2003, 01:04:36 AM »

I cannot help your view on the word "bastard."  You will take that as you will, whether or not i''m calling you an illegitimate child(which i was not).  If you so chose, i will refrain from using such a term when dealing directly with you.
as for joining the alliance, i have no real say in this except for whatever sway my longtime affiliation with TGA brings me.
if you're willing to attack orcs, and only orcs unless they're alliance enemies i have no problem with your joining.
However, do not expect me to be your friend. Should you actually be let in, I will treat you as any member, but i will not be your buddy.  I strongly dislike people who accuse me of wrongdoing when i'm protecting a member of my alliance and dealing with insolent enemies.
I'm afraid I wasn't clear.  I am not accusing you of any wrong-doing.  In war games I wouldn't exactly classify name-calling and threats as wrong-doing.  As far as I know, you were not the one who sabbed me twice, and I know robke could not have.  My mistake was in assuming that you were somehow in charge in TGA and that you would pass on the word that I would not continue to attack, and my conclusion later that you had failed to do so, and that I would have to go on the offensive.  Obviously, I was wrong. :-)

But if you don't take me as your buddy, I shan't be put out for too long.

Aran Taur
« Last Edit: October 14, 2003, 01:06:18 AM by Arantor » Logged
EmerdenFal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2003, 02:37:41 AM »

Just another word to the wise, which, for purposes of argument, I'll assume you all are.  I'm Arantor's commander, EmerdenFal, and while I still have sabbable weapons, I also have covert - oh yes I do - and will use it if necessary.  Suggestion - not trying to start a war, this is aimed at those trying to keep it up - leave him alone.  If you wouldn't mind leaving me alone as well, that would be better for all concerned. Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 14, 2003, 02:45:47 AM by EmerdenFal » Logged
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2003, 03:31:45 AM »

It would seem that you have shone difficult to deal with in battle, this specks well of you.  But things seem to be a little bit too heated about the caller, perhaps some time should pass so that you can tell if you really want to be part of this alliance.  As for a memberships point of view, you should be one with the alliance, or to part ways and perhaps cross paths again under different circumstances.

*was here
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: