BPsite Forums
April 26, 2024, 07:30:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold per attack  (Read 20798 times)
Lyban

View Profile WWW
« on: October 06, 2003, 02:24:08 AM »

Just wondered whether anyone has worked out the algorithm for the amount of gold collected per attack turn (when you attack someone). I know that it is based partly on the ratio of army sizes, and I'm sure that it would also have to have something to do with the SA and DA ratio of the two armies but I haven't figured out exactly how it all fits together as yet.

Any ideas??

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant" - Allied Pilots (WWII)

Saladin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2003, 02:36:29 AM »

Emperor-me did it on another thread at the bottom

I have become Death; destroyer of worlds.
--J. Robert Oppenheimer upon witnessing the explosion of the first atomic bomb
[/font]
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
[/font]
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2003, 04:08:21 AM »

I hate it when I remember seeing something important and not remembering WHERE I saw it... sorry, I'll post the thread if I run by it again.sorry

*was here
Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2003, 04:58:35 AM »

In the meantime...

1) The closer your army and your target's is in size, the more gold you get per attack (actually, if he has a much bigger army than you, you get even more)
2) The more attack turns you use, the more gold you get
3) The more gold your target has, the more of it you can steal
4) The greater the worth of the target's armoury (i.e. lotsa powerful weapons), the more gold you get
5) The closer your attack damage is to his counterattack damage, the more money you get.

I think that's pretty much all of the conditions.  :cool:  

- I'm scissors.  Nerf rock.  Paper's fine.

-It's not the mind control that kills people; it's the fall damage.

-Que sera, sera.
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2003, 05:18:13 AM »

I'm not so sure about:
5) The closer your attack damage is to his counterattack damage, the more money you get.
remember age1?  People would just work on attack and nothing in defence, so that no one would ever be close to their counter attack. (they would always be way high).  They got rid of that and added
if he has a much bigger army than you
this way it closes that loophole.   though I have been thinking about another loophole, but I'll post about that when I've tried it out to see it even works...
using one attack and 15 attacks gives you the same per attack gold (though there is randomness)

but otherwise ya,   attack people that have lots of money  :hmmm: duh and those who have a bigger arm then yours :ph34r:  and hope you don't get retaliated. :blink:

*was here
Emperor-Me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2003, 10:56:46 AM »

That's is not really correct

I think what affects is the more damage you and you enemy do (which is still somehow close to what you said, but if u do few of the damage you can and so is the target, I think you won't get too much GPT (Gold Per Turn) out of him)

You should never be ashamed of who you are, because if you are, you will forget where you've come from. And if you forget where you've come from, you will never know where you need to go...

Enjoy!!!
sirjohn13

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2003, 11:17:13 AM »

I think it is:

1)The more army your opponent has, the more gold you take.
2)The more attack turns you use, the more gold you take.
3)The more gold your opponent has the more gold you take.
4)You take less gold than normally if you attack him for 2nd,3rd,4th or 5th time the same day
5)90% of the gold you take depends on (1)-(4). The rest is a matter of luck too.

P.S. I think that the opponent's DA does not affect the gold you take.

Proud member of

..::We have no beginning.. ..we have no end.. ..we are InfInItE::..
Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2003, 02:38:19 PM »

I think it is:

1)The more army your opponent has, the more gold you take.
2)The more attack turns you use, the more gold you take.
3)The more gold your opponent has the more gold you take.
4)You take less gold than normally if you attack him for 2nd,3rd,4th or 5th time the same day
5)90% of the gold you take depends on (1)-(4). The rest is a matter of luck too.

P.S. I think that the opponent's DA does not affect the gold you take.
I still say that your damage and the opponent's counterdamage play a role.  Else why would I only get around 30k (from a possible 300k), after getting 50% more damage done to my enemy than he did to me?  <_<

And #4?  Really? :miffed:  

- I'm scissors.  Nerf rock.  Paper's fine.

-It's not the mind control that kills people; it's the fall damage.

-Que sera, sera.
slayerselune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2003, 03:14:21 PM »

as to number 4 I've never noticed that, in fact an orc I just hit 4 times gave me the most money on the 3rd hit with the same number of attacks used each time.

I think that the DA plays a part in addition to the army size.  I've noticed that if the opponent does little damage I get less gold.

Could be coincedence.

The piano's been drinking...not me.--Tom Waite
sirjohn13

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2003, 06:06:56 PM »

I farmed a guy with 3000 army twice in 3 hours. he had 1.2M both times. First time I took around 900k from him and next time only 500k. How can I explain that in some other way?

Proud member of

..::We have no beginning.. ..we have no end.. ..we are InfInItE::..
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2003, 06:16:39 PM »

im pretty sure there's a random factor in there. I've had 2nd and 3rd attacks take less or take more $$. I think its just luck.

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

GandalfTheOld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2003, 06:42:27 PM »

don't remember if there actually was a formula yet for how much you can steal...
but anywho:
if the formula's like Age 1, it's basically along the lines of:

gold stolen per turn = (gold_on_hand + total_armoury_value) * 40% * randomfactor / 625

the randomfactor is the number that affects what kind of damage you actually do, so in a way, yes, your damage WILL affect how much you will steal, but the idea of "closer your damage is to the opponent's damage is" is more of a myth than anything else

that formula explains why you'd generally take the most money on your first attack (you're counting in the WHOLE money), while on subsequent attacks, the opponent has less money from which you can take
that formula also tells you NOT to sabotage someone to 0/0, because that will completely reduce that person's total armoury value...

(btw, that last 625 part came right off the top of my head, don't take my word for the formula, and especially not that part)

koc name:Maaya
Lyban

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2003, 11:11:24 PM »

I'm fairly certain that you're correct about the random factor. I think it's pretty much similar for spy missions as well. There's always a chance that a spy will get caught, even if your CA is way higher than the guy you are spying on.

I have noticed though, that if I sab someone back to the stone ages and then attack them, even if they have a larger army than me I will get a smaller amount of their gold than if I sab them back far enough to just guarantee victory. So I think that your algorithm looks like it's probably along the right lines GandalfTheOld. I might have a bit more of a think about it and play around with the figures to see what I can figure out.

I now sab a couple of items, attack them and steal whatever I can, then sab them back to the stone age....nothing an Orc doesn't deserve really.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2003, 11:11:53 PM by noxious_emotion » Logged

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant" - Allied Pilots (WWII)

GandalfTheOld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2003, 05:02:39 PM »

gold stolen per turn = (gold_on_hand + total_armoury_value) * 40% * randomfactor / 625
edit on the formula:

gold stolen per turn = (opposing_army_size / army_size ) * (gold_on_hand + total_armoury_value) * 40% * randomfactor / 625

note the ratio of the two army sizes taken into account with this one (still probably imperfect)
the above will now explain why you tend to get less money when the opponent's army is smaller than you

if you're going to sab someone, just do the defenses first, then attack, and then finish his attack off
that way you'd still get more money and still leave him severely weakened

koc name:Maaya
Saladin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2003, 08:51:18 PM »

i should think that answers ur question

I have become Death; destroyer of worlds.
--J. Robert Oppenheimer upon witnessing the explosion of the first atomic bomb
[/font]
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
[/font]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: