BPsite Forums
April 29, 2024, 12:10:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Really recruiters affected the bandwidth of the KOC servers???
Yes - 21 (67.7%)
No - 10 (32.3%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recruiters  (Read 8863 times)
GandalfTheOld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2003, 07:28:47 PM »

In reply to the idea that recruiters introduce more people to the ads:
Wrong. The very idea of recruiters themselves is to make people concentrate on clicking the recruit links, NOT the ads.  Therefore, there's less chance/likelihood that people would bother clicking any of the ads.

Think about it, would you be clicking the ads while you're going on a clicking rampage? Would you be bothering to buy some of the stuff they're offering when you'd rather be clicking for credits that can get you more soldiers? I doubt that, and neither would I be doing any of these things.

And so, it sure wouldn't pay the advertisers, and the bandwidth will continue to get eaten up.

The argument that the servers are laggy already?
That's not an excuse to allow public recruiters.  Every additional clicks through these recruiters add to the bandwidth usage.  Having masses of people clicking through recruiters will only worsen the situation(like it was before).

Recruiters giving level playing-field for other players?
Um, go take a look at LordStriker before saying much more.  Recruiters *can* be rigged, there have been cheaters bypassing the army-size checks, they *can* give ridiculously unfair advantages to a privileged few, and worsen the lot for the peasantry.

A server that can handle recruiters?
I don't think getting a few more servers is the only problem here... Sure, more servers mean more power to handle users, but that won't help much if the connection is already being used up by the thousands of people a minute accessing the site.  What I'm imagining as necessary is a secondary server (or group of servers) with its own separate connection that automatically diverts some of the users into it when the main one(or group of servers) has its connection filled up.

koc name:Maaya
Drowzycow

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2003, 01:21:05 AM »

I hear "private recruiters" are allowed, whats the difference between this and the ones which are banned?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: