BPsite Forums
April 27, 2024, 01:14:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Spy levels  (Read 52855 times)
Quaker_Thug

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2003, 08:43:02 PM »

Thanks to the simplicity of the mechanics for siege weapon bonuses, I was able to make a [plain] observation of the spy level values.  Your CA value is based on this:  1 point per spy.  This is then multiplied by 2^spylevel.  So...if you have 3 spies and level 3 spy skill, your CA is 24.  Simple enough...unless you're an elf.  Then you can add 25%.  This may seem ordinary...but if you spy on someone, you can now [easily] figure out their CA, even though you didn't get it in the report.  Sorry if this takes the magic out of watching that number balloon...
Arkanor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2003, 08:54:50 PM »

Awww... all the mystery's gone now. Shocked  

Being a good example is hard.  I’m trying to serve as a horrible warning instead.
Kingneb1000

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2003, 09:03:49 PM »

Thank you for the information.  I am new here and hope that my application turns out successful.
Arkanor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2003, 09:19:50 PM »

Did you already post in the new members thread?  If no, better do it and formally declare your existence.

Being a good example is hard.  I’m trying to serve as a horrible warning instead.
Attackus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2003, 09:39:44 PM »

Ah, of course, that makes perfect sense...thanks! Smiley  I was wondering why my CA was hard to figure out, but I forgot that I was an elf, so I have 25% more...at least now I can calculate what I'll get next time I upgrade...

Oh, and Kingneb1000 already did post in the new members thread...I saw him there...:cool:
-A
« Last Edit: September 06, 2003, 09:40:49 PM by Attackus » Logged

Never, never before had their eyes rested on the rolling hills of Morsha...never before had they thought of what they would see.  That very moment, that twilight moment, their eyes glowed in wonder and they started down the bank.
-Memoirs of Attackus
achohol

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2003, 04:30:17 PM »

which I suppose justifies doubling the price everytime..unlike that evil unit production

I'm back and l337..mwhahahah
kodewolf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2003, 08:42:20 AM »

I just lost 56 spies, I think I lost my mathskills  :blink:  

In a trainstation a train stops, on a workstation ....
Attackus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2003, 08:38:41 PM »

Ouch...Sad  That has to hurt...I only have 4 spies...and haven't lost any yet, thankfully.
-A

Never, never before had their eyes rested on the rolling hills of Morsha...never before had they thought of what they would see.  That very moment, that twilight moment, their eyes glowed in wonder and they started down the bank.
-Memoirs of Attackus
MiNi_SmUrF_MaN

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2003, 10:53:03 PM »

i heard something about a CA of some certain # makes you unsabbable, i think it was like 104,000 or something like that :huh:  

You can't have thugs without hugs
Attackus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2003, 11:48:50 PM »

104,000?  Sweet!  Hope I can get that eventually...That means that someone needs CA 10, and more than 100 spies...Shocked
-A

-Memoirs of Attackus
Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2003, 01:39:34 AM »

I only have double that amount of units! LOL   I'll get to a CA of 100k in the next (many) months!  

- I'm scissors.  Nerf rock.  Paper's fine.

-It's not the mind control that kills people; it's the fall damage.

-Que sera, sera.
lightwarrior

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2003, 02:45:02 AM »

Dont think i will have to worry about getting that high a CA for a long time
so how many years we got in age 2 LOL Tongue  
Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2003, 04:03:44 AM »

I think 3 months, but we all know Age1 lasted way over the time planned!  We'll just have to wait and see.  Cheesy  

- I'm scissors.  Nerf rock.  Paper's fine.

-It's not the mind control that kills people; it's the fall damage.

-Que sera, sera.
swiLL

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2003, 04:11:55 AM »

I don't think Age 2 will last only 3 months. If that were the case the makers would be working on it as we speak. Getting a site like this to work perfectly with no bugs take a lot of time and they can't really start on  new age if this one isn't working properly. They are going to keep fixing bugs and stuff until it runs as smooth as possible, then start work on the next age.

Just my opinion.

It's easy to love me now. Would you love me when I was down, and out? Would you still have love for me?
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2003, 04:29:22 AM »

no way its only 3 months. people will be getting firmly established for a month, then pommeling each other for a month, then rebuilding, pommeling......i give it till spring 04 at least.

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: