BPsite Forums
April 30, 2024, 06:31:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: microsoft virus  (Read 14041 times)
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« on: August 15, 2003, 08:22:56 PM »

anyone got it yet. no one i know has even seen signs of it. sposed to be some big hackathon on the MS network 2nite cud be interesting. does everyone else think its a loada crap or what...?

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
Guest:Arolisci
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2003, 08:51:20 PM »

you mean that new virus ms blaster virus that came out....if thats the case i think there was a site that told you how to get rid of it...

p.s.hey its me *waves hello*
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2003, 10:07:42 PM »

oh yeah, i know that thing. it shut down all the computers at my skool. i think they said it tends to go after computers that use windows XP

HaHa. This post cost SS .5 cents! So Sayeth the Evilknight.
Hmmm. The court will take a 15 minute recess to fix the judicial...bench...thingy. ~Ethan
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2003, 10:47:41 PM »

no microsoft general as far as i know. supposidly its gonna bombard the ms hubs 2nite at 12:00

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
Guest:Arolisci
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2003, 12:01:33 AM »

yeah i still think it si the blaster virus because i was told it will attack every 16th of the month and the blaster virus affects computers with windows XP
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2003, 01:17:46 AM »

It affects all NT-based systems, which means 2000 and XP also.

Anyhow, easy to fix by downloading the patch -- which has been available for over a month -- or just having a decent firewall.

Anyway, the 'payload' is delivered on 16th August until the end of the year. Except seeing as how the world has about thirty timezones, that'll be staggered.

Anyhow, if you're worried then just go here and follow the relevant instructions.

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2003, 11:42:10 PM »

bah, stupid internet aint working
*hits computer with a wrench*
ah, there it goes

HaHa. This post cost SS .5 cents! So Sayeth the Evilknight.
Hmmm. The court will take a 15 minute recess to fix the judicial...bench...thingy. ~Ethan
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2003, 05:41:13 AM »

my friend got that virus on both his computers. after running the removal tool about 15 times unsuccessfully, he unchecked the startup item for the virus, and it then proceeded to kill itself and didnt show any signs until he got it again from the same guy on his local network who he got it from in the first place.  :hmmm:  

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

Arolisci

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2003, 06:47:28 AM »

my friend got that virus on both his computers. after running the removal tool about 15 times unsuccessfully, he unchecked the startup item for the virus, and it then proceeded to kill itself and didnt show any signs until he got it again from the same guy on his local network who he got it from in the first place.  :hmmm:
that sucks...a friend got it but didnt know how to get rid of it so he used a restoration disk..oh well kind of late now....good thing i have Windows98 still although im thinking uof upgrading to Windows2000 dunnno yet :blink:  
PandaBear007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2003, 07:47:54 AM »

this laptop I'm using is Windows 2000, funny thing.....the day I saw this post and started reading about the virus, my comp jsut automatically rebooted itself (the microsoft site said this was a sign of the virus), I immediately downloaded a "search and destroy" patch file and ran it. After like 30 minutes of searching, it says my comp is virus free.....PHEW!!!! Hopefully my comp won't get the virus, that would seriously suck majorly!!

:cool:  

Army of ONE.....I am the Orc Hunter/Killer
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2003, 01:13:10 PM »

30mins  Shocked  it takes mine 3 hours to do an anit-virus 6 to do a defrag

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2003, 01:26:04 PM »

Mines about the same.

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2003, 01:50:12 PM »

Defrags are a waste of time, and if you've got a resident sheild thingy, you don't need to do a full virus check, although I do occasionally scan /WINDOWS just to make sure, but that doesn't take long.

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2003, 02:28:06 AM »

Defrags are a waste of time
Shocked I beg to differ. Keeping your disk defraged SIGNIFICANTLY reduces load times for files and programs. Not something I would do every day or anything, but weekly-monthly depending on how much has changed. If you rarely download or install stuff, then it's not worth it. But I download/install all sorts of things quite regularly. Case in point: The first time I defragged it made as much as 1 minute difference in load time for some progs, and my computer booted significantly quicker as well.

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

Perdition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2003, 07:29:14 AM »

Shocked I beg to differ. Keeping your disk defraged SIGNIFICANTLY reduces load times for files and programs. Not something I would do every day or anything, but weekly-monthly depending on how much has changed.
yeah I agree.  my comp needs defraggind at least once a month or else it starts dragging.  spend a couple hours defragging and i see imdiate results  Smiley  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: