BPsite Forums
March 29, 2024, 11:49:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Left for Dead and L4D2  (Read 10158 times)
smi256

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2010, 11:00:29 PM »

Small team collaborative shooting games, with zombies :-D  I've been playing L4D2 for a while now but have been unable to beat it on Expert >_<  We either have only three out of four players or someone is drunk and is more harmful to the group then to the zombies  Shocked [shotgun to the face!]  My specialty is crowd control (crouch + frying-pan in doorways sort of thing) and more importantly, killing specials before they get close to the group.  So I guess that makes me the support-type, which makes sense that I use the support machine gun...  I hadn't really thought about it that way.  Do any of you guys play, or are on Steam?

*was here
Galmort

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 10:46:19 PM »

I'm on Steam as Galmort, go figure...I played L4D and hated it, I don't know why, I just can't stand the game, so I haven't bought L4D2 although I have a buddy who keeps bugging me to. hmmm
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 11:23:30 PM »

What was it that you didn't like?  Well, I guess I should ask if you played solo or with random people, or with friends.  Honestly, I can't play the game without friends (with microphones).  If you want to give it a try with a full team (stupid bots) I can enlist a few RB (the clan I'm in) peeps to fill it out.  Like wise, I'm registered as smi256;  very creative, no?

[continues his haunting]
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 11:26:29 PM by smi256 » Logged

*was here
Galmort

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 11:29:18 PM »

yeah I only played with friends. Honestly what ticked me off the most was being incapacitated, only being able to use your pistol, and not being able to crawl. I know its a video game, but come on, if I'm being chased by zombies...
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 11:44:40 PM »

That's where the team comes into play.  In L4D it's all about sticking together, cornering up when there's a horde, and running willy-nilly when the Tank shows up.  Oh, and shooting lots of zombies  Grin

[person count: 1 (Gal)]

EDIT:  Come on man, this isn't going to anywhere unless you join one of our games >_<
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 08:30:49 AM by smi256 » Logged

*was here
Hornet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 12:52:29 PM »

I play L4D2 on PC ... more interestingly, I'm the coder behind l4dmaps.com.  I take no responsibility for the state of the html, but it does the job pretty well. Smiley

In the fridge! By the cheese! Waggle waggle!

Money isn't the solution to life's problems, but it can usually buy it.
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 08:30:22 PM »

Oh snap.  I think I'll be trying to get RB to play a few custom levels in the weeks to come.

*was here
Galmort

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 07:19:17 AM »

Oh snap.  I think I'll be trying to get RB to play a few custom levels in the weeks to come.

hey where is that guy anyway?
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 01:34:25 AM »

Gone, lost to the abyss of time.  Sad

*was here
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 11:40:13 PM »

I'm the coder behind l4dmaps.com.  I take no responsibility for the state of the html

That's just as well, because if you were going to take responsibility for that monstrosity, you and I would have to have a sit down in the corner and have a little chat. Angry

Well... it's not that bad. I've certainly seen worse. But it's not pretty either.

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: