BPsite Forums
March 19, 2024, 07:03:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Google Wave  (Read 9289 times)
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: October 24, 2009, 12:31:29 AM »

Anyone want an invite? Cheesy

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
underruler

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 09:36:07 PM »

what is it?

I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and and bananas.

http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/hugs.cgi?&HUG...hug=luvr_bunnie

[img]http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/count_hugs.cgi?hug=luv
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 01:17:52 AM »

It's a combination of email, chat, wiki, and more.

There's a big long video thing here:
http://wave.google.com/help/wave/about.html

And I have a limited number of invites, if you want to try out the preview. Smiley

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
matt_the_shark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 09:57:17 PM »

looks pretty cool to me, can I get an invite? =)

matttheshark@gmail.com

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 05:35:35 PM »

Sent. Smiley

Can take anything from a few minutes to several days for the invite to come through.

Some bits are rather dissappointing - simple and easy to implement features are missing - but it can still work as a combination of email/chat with assorted gadgets added in.

I've got plenty more invites, if anyone else wants one.

Galmort

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 05:02:09 PM »

meh, is it any good? I don't really get the point, but I trust in Google so I'd try it out...galmort@gmail.com
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 11:30:46 PM »

It has the potential to be good, but at the moment it's not quite the ultimate One Communication Tool that Google are selling it as, not least because of the lack of basic controls.

But it can work ok for a few things, so still worth trying it. Invite sent. Smiley

smi256

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 09:55:21 PM »

Is anyone using their google wave?  I've sort of been disappointed in google since the 'Buzz' thing happened. Hell, I hardly keep up on my facebook nonsense let alone have a second social network account. Sad

*was here
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 11:47:44 PM »

Didn't bother using it for long - as I said before, it had potential, but certainly feels like Google let it die - I'm not even sure how much they intended to keep it alive from the outset actually; may well have always just been a test bed for certain features.

Still, at least the various bits of technology are out there ... the potential is still there ... just needs someone capable of putting the right bits together. Undecided

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 10:14:16 PM »

So, Google passed Wave on to Apache, where it took three years of going nowhere before Apache retired it.

The Spanish-based Comunes Collective tried to do something with it in Kune but activity there seems to have stalled too.

Oh well.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: