BPsite Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:37:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: dear happy friends  (Read 9421 times)
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« on: April 08, 2007, 03:26:53 AM »

It occurs to me that I have not come by lately, mainly because my hard drive melted a month ago and I've been too lazy to track to forums down. : P
Anyways, just thought I'd fill you in on what's been happening in my life, since you won't be hearing from me for a good year or so by this summer.

Basically, I'm signing on the dotted line and enlisting in the USAF on the 16th this month; I'm hoping I'll ship out to basic no earlier than mid-july, but you never know how that works.

Anyways, I just wanted to tell you guys that because I've known some of you for.....probably almost four or five years. And though I never met any of you in real life, a lot of you helped me through a lot of crap and were some of my only friends when I was dealing with my parent's divorce and had to learn to grow up fast.

So I just wanna say, thanks for everything, and I'll try to stop in and let you know how I'm doing when I get out of technical training school.

HaHa. This post cost SS .5 cents! So Sayeth the Evilknight.
Hmmm. The court will take a 15 minute recess to fix the judicial...bench...thingy. ~Ethan
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 02:10:58 PM »

good stuff, nice to see you too.

if you invade europe in the near future come visit it

what made you choose air force over the other services?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 02:11:57 PM by mole » Logged

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 07:10:11 PM »

The airforce is the most technically minded of all the services, and I'm more likely to find something that I'll enjoy there; My next best bet would have been the Army, since I would never join the Navy.

Also, US air superiority kicks untold amounts of ass.

Hmmm. The court will take a 15 minute recess to fix the judicial...bench...thingy. ~Ethan
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 08:18:40 PM »

Wow, good luck to you!
It always seems strange when you hear about someone joining the armed forces, its kinda like they leave and you may never see them again.
Considered joining the RAF before hand, as my dream job would be to pilot a helicopter. But you know, I dont think I can leave everyone and everything behind for god knows how long then get sent off into warzones. But hey, good on you.
Hope everything goes well, and keep us updated!

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 08:46:09 PM »

i cant see the word navy these days without my head being invaded by the village people. also reminds me of ian

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
Louise

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 10:00:32 PM »

I shall suppress my giggle at mole's comment regarding the village people.

Thanks for dropping by, evilknight. I've not been here for anywhere near four or five years, but from what I've seen of you you seem like a pretty awesome person. So good luck flying the machinery, or whatever it is they'll be teaching you to do over there. :-)

If my lack of signature worries you, please feel free to imagine it as saying some amusing, pleasantly witty and intelligent phrase.
Hornet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 06:01:25 AM »

The ironic thing is that they'll probably send you off on an aircraft carrier anyway. Tongue   Still, at least you won't end up on a sub.

Best of luck though, and watch out for Patriots - they don't always remember that you're on their side.

In the fridge! By the cheese! Waggle waggle!

Money isn't the solution to life's problems, but it can usually buy it.
underruler

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 06:17:53 AM »

Good luck Evil!

I've got a couple of friends in the military as well... mostly army.  I think it takes a lot of balls to do it... and good choice with the Air Force.

I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and and bananas.

http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/hugs.cgi?&HUG...hug=luvr_bunnie

[img]http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/count_hugs.cgi?hug=luv
Galmort

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 03:34:07 AM »

hey glad to hear it, my brother has been in the air force for near 3 years now and likes it a lot. A good choice and I'm sure you'll do great. Basic sucks, but its the best of the branches, so keep your head up and your shoes clean. I'll be in after a year hopefully, so maybe i'll see you around. Best of luck, and many thanks too. Smiley  
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 08:31:35 PM »

Heh, cool. Smiley

Make sure you don't go get dead.

Any idea what sort of planes you'll be flying?

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 03:22:38 AM »

SS, I don't think I'll be flying, though I could probably be a transport pilot if I wanted to.
If you want to be a fight pilot you have to enlist for at least 8 years, because of all the money they have to spend to train you.

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 11:17:03 PM »

WTF? You're joining the air-force but not flying? That sucks!

Tell them you want your own Eagle right now or else. Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 11:17:51 PM by SS » Logged

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Hornet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2007, 02:54:09 AM »

It's a lot safer though.

In the fridge! By the cheese! Waggle waggle!

Money isn't the solution to life's problems, but it can usually buy it.
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2007, 01:09:02 PM »

Dude, good luck.  And don't mess up, or I'll come at you with a stick, I swear..   :hmmm:

Tongue
no really, good times.  I've got a friend in the armed forces... I haven't seen him in a while..   <_< he's a non-combatant, so no worries  

*was here
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: