BPsite Forums
April 23, 2024, 07:52:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Fate of Nations - can you help?  (Read 7892 times)
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: August 12, 2004, 10:29:53 PM »

Fate of Nations needs help to get done. If you think you could help them PM or e-mail me, after reading the following:

What you need:

Roleplaying abilities - There are several major nations in Fate of Nations. Each one to be controlled by a team member. Controlling a nation requires that you can be responsible/sensible/etc, and also that you can roleplay well - as your main duties would be playing the major characters of that nation (ie: monarch/lords/etc). Though you can still join the team and not control a nation, we need a complete set of nations, so roleplayers are preferred.

Linguistic abilities - Whether you can roleplay or not, if you're good at writing, then you can help. Fate of Nations is story-driven, and although the main events are plotted out, there is a lot of history we need filling in for several nations. Also little things (like being able to suggest suitable, fitting names) would be handy/helpful.

Graphical/drawing abilities - If you can draw good pictures, you might be able to help by taking some of the load from our current artists. The emphasis here is on drawings - scenes/figures/weapons/etc, rather than web-graphics (we're probably okay in that department...)

Discretion & trust - If anyone was hired then went running to some other games with our unique ideas, I would have to cause them immense displeasure. Fate of Nations has quite a few [probably] unique features, and we want it to stay that way...

NotBeingStupid - Chances are that if you're reading this, you're not stupid. Seeing as most people on this forum aren't. But if you've just wandered across from some random lame clan then you might be stupid. To find out how stupid you are bang your head against the wall a few times. If you bruise your foot, you're stupid.

What we don't want:

People who want to play - You can't lead a nation and play your own people, because that would be unfair. So if you'd rather play as a people, do that. That's not to say nation leaders wont have fun - quite the opposite; they will often be the central point of the action. But nation leading is more for roleplayers. If you want more of a balance between action and roleplaying (or a focus on action), then you probably don't want to lead a nation.

People with lots of great ideas - Not because your ideas are necessarily bad, but because Fate of Nations is already quite well fleshed-out in that respect. Having said that, if you do join the team then please do give as much feedback and suggestions as you like; new blood can help refine ideas and point out previously overlooked things. But at this stage I would rather have people focussing on getting things done rather than coming up with new things to do.
Also, there will be a semi-public* testing of Fate of Nations, and we will welcome feedback and ideas from everyone at that stage.
(*Basically, people on this forum, and maybe a few random invited people.)

People who get over-excited - Already mentioned above, but needs re-stating. We don't want people who will start shouting "Fate of Nations will be great because ...". Fate of Nations will be great. For many reasons. But it will be greater if we can keep our unique ideas secret - so that they remain unique, and thus make Fate of Nations special. Something to stand out from the growing crowds of mediocre cookie-cutter browser-based games.

People who don't read all of this post - Because you're lazy and you smell.

People who can't spend time on it - Half the team already has limited time. It would be nice to have people who can dedicate several hours per week... and that's just whilst getting it done. Nation leaders should be able to login at least daily, even if only for ten-twenty minutes per day. Hopefully that will be time well spent with the enjoyment gained though.

People who aren't people - Or to put it another way: Humans. Fate of Nations does have a few races, but basically people are Human. We don't want anyone thinking they'll play Pixies/Drow/Gnomes/OtherNonExistantRace, but we definitely don't want nation leaders doing this. Oh, and whilst leaders are given a fair amount of flexibility with leading their nations, they do need to stick to the defined stuff - so if you can't stand playing a set role, and would prefer more freedom, you should wait for the it to be released and play regularly.

So, if you think that you could help, and you meet all of the criteria above, please do contact me and let me know what you can do and why you want to join.

And if you'd like to help but don't think you can fit into the team, then don't worry - once we have a working version available we will need testers to find bugs and suggest improvements, and also people to help promote and publicise it, and probably people to do other stuff too.

(ps: Yeah, I just spread this throughout the forum - to make sure people see it. Don't complain. :­P)[/size]
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 10:31:58 PM by SS » Logged

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Drauka

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 01:29:58 AM »

Oh I would be glad to help, but the game isn't going to be too powerful for my shite computer is it?

Signature:

I am;
A Labourless Peasant, (Damning, Rambling, Aspiring, Unenlightening, King of Anything)
A Masked Faceless, (Diabolical Reliable Assassin of the Underworld, Knowledgeable in the mimickable Arts.)
A Soldier of Sand, Deplorable and Dutiful. Rugged yet Refined. United, and Undeniable. Austere yet Amendable. Kind, and Kingly. Arduous yet Amiable.
A General of the Fallen Legion, (I led my forces into the Deep, we Ran to Assault the Undefeated Keep. Admirably my men crashed like a wave to a ship. the ground shook with our marching and caused me to slip. I fell and later I began to wake. the ground again began to shake, but this time every one fell... Into the Lord’s precipice of hell, here I am damned to forever fall into the abyss.)
A King of the Fallen Nation, (Death stalks his murky streets. Rats run rampant to their Abundant feasts. The Undead stalk the boarders at night. the King, though fallen, has yet to be defeated in a fight. No nation dares intrude upon the unrelenting king. For they fear the horrors his merciless wrath would bring. People fear to leave his nation, and also to Arrive. But his people are just as relentless and resialiant,  they strive to survive.) “The Nation of Steel Will Never Yield.
An Emperor [span style=\'color:green\']of the Anarchists
, (Dispiteous Reaper of Atrocion, Underestimated Kaiser of Ambition)
A God [span style=\'color:green\']of the Faithless[/span], (Defiance, I will never allow. Reliance, I will never allow. Assurance, I will never give. Understanding, I will never give. Killing I will never explain. Always basking, in paradox.)
I am: The Dead, The Underworld, and Death.
I am... Drauka.
[/span]

-Remorse for there is naught left to remorse for.
-We are the metaphorical whores of a new generaltion.
-Again metaphors that means people sit silent and still.
-Ah, this life is just my chessboard, and you are just my pawn.
-Feel the fucking fire rise, up and above and past your eyes.

Jason H. Fredricks'
Saladin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 01:44:19 AM »

I'm going away next week again but when I come back then I'll help

I have become Death; destroyer of worlds.
--J. Robert Oppenheimer upon witnessing the explosion of the first atomic bomb
[/font]
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
[/font]
underruler

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 02:49:02 AM »

I could prolly help...with some guidance.

I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and and bananas.

http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/hugs.cgi?&HUG...hug=luvr_bunnie

[img]http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/count_hugs.cgi?hug=luv
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 06:09:32 AM »

the game isn't going to be too powerful for my shite computer is it?
It'll be browser based. If your computer can browse the web without problems, you shouldn't have any with Fate of Nations.

-

Everyone is always going away. Sad Oh well, have fun and hurry back. Smiley

-

Guidance is fine, in the sense of 'the toilet is over there', but if you'd want someone to change your nappy, that'd be a bit too much work. Wink

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
underruler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2004, 06:30:57 AM »

What's a nappy?

I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and and bananas.

http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/hugs.cgi?&HUG...hug=luvr_bunnie

[img]http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/count_hugs.cgi?hug=luv
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2004, 06:39:50 AM »

uh, the things babies wear? :miffed: It was an analogy.

mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2004, 10:15:12 AM »

uh oh i cover most of the dont wants and few of the wants  :miffed:  

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
opperdude

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2004, 05:01:26 PM »

damit i only have great ideas Sad
why don't you want meeeeeeeeeee!!! Wink

nah i don't think i got the experience/skills to contribute to the game, but i'll be glad testing it and giving feedback to you once it's done Smiley
and i'd be critical as i got a lil' fed up with games like KoC and Darkthrone etc and i've quit them all, so you'd better work your asses off to keep me interested  Smiley  

'Joost, like juice but better' ~fire

happy now?
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2004, 12:15:55 AM »

uh oh i cover most of the dont wants and few of the wants  :miffed:
You can roleplay. And draw things. And you're only a little bit stupid. Tongue

Perdition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2004, 01:21:51 AM »

nappy's are diapers
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2004, 07:18:08 PM »

dont. youll start of an americanism arguement.

You can roleplay. And draw things. And you're only a little bit stupid.

and i keep my ideas to myself  Tongue  

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
matt_the_shark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2004, 10:09:24 PM »

i wouldn't mind helping out Smiley