BPsite Forums
April 27, 2024, 03:31:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 7502 times)
Night Spawn

View Profile WWW
« on: August 03, 2004, 07:23:17 PM »

As everyone here probably knows, I'm a Christian, so I went looking for Christian alliances at DT and found two that I enjoy - The Christian Alliance and Christian Knights.  What I didn't know is how many times people would be declaring war on them just because of the fact that they're a Christian alliance.

It was tough building and getting constantly mass-attacked, but survivable.  I didn't want to quit the alliance just because being a member was tough, but it did occur to me from time to time.

Well, this time it's more than a mass-attack situation.  Think of a word worse than war and it will suffice - maybe the word "murder" would be nice.  There's an alliance by the name "Dark Mass" who started out massing the heck out of me.  Then I started getting more and more... and more attacks.  I'm guessing these came from the several allies Dark Mass has.  

I realize the fact that DT is just a game and all that, but this has gotten to the point of annoyance.  I never thought players in a game could annoy me this much.  

So some questions for the experienced players... before I rant and rant and rant:

1.  It would be wrong for me to leave Christian Alliance just because I can't handle the pressure, right?  

2.  If I do leave Christian Alliance, will the alliances who were in war with them still attack me so freakin much?

Or should I just grit my teeth and stick in there?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 07:28:12 PM by Night Spawn » Logged

"Atheism turns out to be too simple.  If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." -C.S. Lewis

"God is making a comeback.  Most intriguingly, this is happening, not among theologians or ordinary believers, but in the crisp intellectual circles of academic philosophers, where the consensus had long banished the Almighty from fruitful discourse"  -Time magazine
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 08:47:52 PM »

Ultimately, DT is about fun - do whatever is the most fun/least unfun.

If you're not enjoying it, then leave the alliance... but then again it might not make a difference; the people might still attack anyway. So ... bleh.

I've got over two thousand attack turns if you wanna give me to bash some people. Smiley

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
underruler

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 08:58:26 PM »

I'll back you up Spawn.  I almost have as many turns as SS.

I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and and bananas.

http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/hugs.cgi?&HUG...hug=luvr_bunnie

[img]http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/count_hugs.cgi?hug=luv
opperdude

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 10:20:45 PM »

Turns Available: 2826
wanna take over my account for a while? Smiley i somewhat quit anyways

'Joost, like juice but better' ~fire

happy now?
Night Spawn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 12:20:57 AM »

It's pointless attacking most of them, because they have no defensive soldiers, which means I had to untrain mine also.  DT is cool, but that's what I really dislike about it.

Well, I could just let them attack and attack... sooner or later they're going to level up and out of range, right?

"Atheism turns out to be too simple.  If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." -C.S. Lewis

"God is making a comeback.  Most intriguingly, this is happening, not among theologians or ordinary believers, but in the crisp intellectual circles of academic philosophers, where the consensus had long banished the Almighty from fruitful discourse"  -Time magazine
matt_the_shark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2004, 12:41:17 AM »

we can make it so they never see their turn gold again...that'd be fun :devil:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2004, 12:41:27 AM by matt_the_shark » Logged

underruler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2004, 01:07:32 AM »

Well are they constantly watching you?

Night Spawn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2004, 02:25:24 AM »

Well, that's what is weird about the leaders of Black Mass - TheCount and TheCountess.  I try to attack them back to take their gold, yet their gold never goes up... I've been watching it closely.  The only idea I have is that when they get online to play, they pile up all of their citizens as miners, get a load of money, then when ready to sign off, they simply put them back on offense.

Yes, they are watching me.  They've got about 4 different people obviously keeping me on close watch - once my gold is starting to raise up, they attack in a planned fashion.  One thing I've gotta give the is that they've got their stuff down.  3 or 4 of them get on at the same time and each of them attack me only once or twice a piece, so they can do it pretty much every time they sign on.  

They did have several minor players (more annoyances than threats) attacking me when I had defensive soldiers just to kill a few more of them and I guess to make sure I move up levels as the main attackers do.  Those don't attack anymore, though (seeing that my defensive soldiers have been taken out)... unless they catch me with an inviting amount of gold.  

TheCount has finally moved up a level, so he can't attack me.  Heh... all I have is 100 points to the next level, though.  So, basically, I can't retaliate against the minor players.

I swear... it's like trying to swat a fly. :unsure:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2004, 03:29:05 AM by Night Spawn » Logged

underruler

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2004, 03:08:15 AM »

Well if they're going to keep a close watch on you, it's obvious that no matter what alliance you're in you're still going to get attacked b/c they know that you're Christian.  How many of them are there exactly?

You know and maybe those people are cheating and using Auto buyers or something.

Night Spawn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2004, 03:24:25 AM »

How many of them are there exactly?

Roughly 8 of them.  It's hard to tell with the defense log, though.  I've had 8 players attack me regularly, so I'm guessing they are all from the same alliance.  I've never been attacked like that before.

matt_the_shark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2004, 05:33:15 AM »

Well if they're going to keep a close watch on you, it's obvious that no matter what alliance you're in you're still going to get attacked b/c they know that you're Christian. How many of them are there exactly?

*nods*

You know and maybe those people are cheating and using Auto buyers or something.

i doubt it
« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 05:04:44 PM by matt_the_shark » Logged

Night Spawn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2004, 02:51:23 AM »

Will one of you guys send them a message or something... try to scare them away.  It's all I can think of seeing that I can't attack them because of the 0 defense tactic.

The names are:

1.  TheCount
2.  The Countess
3.  Darkside
4.  Gein

The rest of them are either minor players or have defense.  I'd really appreciate it a lot.

underruler

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2004, 03:21:00 AM »

I think Sharky should send the message...you know since he's more aggressive than I am.  *rawr*

matt_the_shark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2004, 04:53:10 PM »

i already sent messages to the count and countess actually Cheesy

we'll keep their names available and kill them next age when the alliance attacking feature becomes available.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 05:05:35 PM by matt_the_shark » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: