BPsite Forums
April 28, 2024, 12:20:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: I *had* a nice car....  (Read 13727 times)
fan2hoobastank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2004, 07:12:18 AM »

hehe ya I guess it does.

anyways that might take a couple weeks to repair, wait is there any engine damage or is it all body work?

I'M GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Watch out Rug!!!!!
Copyright 2004 Underruler Entertainment
opperdude

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2004, 11:52:55 AM »

it looks like just body work... prolly just a new hood and bumpers

btw i'm still impressed by your car... i'd like to have one like that  Smiley  
« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 11:53:50 AM by opperdude » Logged

'Joost, like juice but better' ~fire

happy now?
Night Spawn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2004, 03:13:24 PM »

Could be worse...

Imagine having a '72 RoadRunner in top condition getting completely totalled.  I bought one several months ago, then made the mistake of letting my brother drive it.  Talk about getting depressed. Sad  

"Atheism turns out to be too simple.  If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." -C.S. Lewis

"God is making a comeback.  Most intriguingly, this is happening, not among theologians or ordinary believers, but in the crisp intellectual circles of academic philosophers, where the consensus had long banished the Almighty from fruitful discourse"  -Time magazine
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2004, 03:42:02 PM »

as far as I can tell, its just body work. then again, I cant get the hood open to look underneath. However, I've looked behind the bumpers before, and it's mostly empty space. If I had the twin turbo model, then I'd be in trouble....the intercooler would probably be destroyed. Anyway, I expect they just need to replace the fender, hood, and bumper. I already have a new nose panel (between the lights) that was given to me with the car, cept it's a nice Stillen quad-vented one. Get this though, the headlights? $1500/pair. I love insurance.  Smiley  I haven't gotten the estimate yet, but the insurance company has to inspect it first, then they can start work on it probably at the end of this week or early next week, and hopefully it won't be long after that that it's back on the road. Smiley

opper- its a 94 Nissan 300zx 2+2. Sick cars, but rare--I got it a month ago ($9600), but I was lookin since October 03. Turns out mine was also the Fairlady Z model--aka made in Japan and imported. The upshot to that is it has a nice wing, taillights, corner lenses, headlights, plus a bunch of other small but nice differences. I have the 4 seater model (2+2), though you need short leges to sit in the back, but they also made a 2+0, convertible, and twin turbo model. All models except the twin turbo are 222hp stock, the twin is 300hp. All models cept the convertible are t-top models, which I think is the best option as far as roofs go--plenty of open air, but still have a rigid frame unlike many convertibles. Wanna see some more pics of em, check out Z1 Motorsports  [/bragging]  Tongue

Spawn--that sucks, man. Sad  That's why I don't let *anyone* drive my car. If anyone's gonna crash it, it's gonna be me, dammit!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 03:44:23 PM by FragMaster1972 » Logged

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

matt_the_shark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2004, 07:10:59 PM »

meh, i dunno, to rage at someone else, or yourself...that's a good question Tongue

underruler

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2004, 08:12:30 PM »

Frag I'm sorry.  That was a sweet ass car.  Once it gets fixed then it'll look better.  Although I'm sure your insurance won't be.

I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and and bananas.

http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/hugs.cgi?&HUG...hug=luvr_bunnie

[img]http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/count_hugs.cgi?hug=luv
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2004, 08:19:43 PM »

/me pokes under
shows how much you read....no insurance hike  Wink  and it wasnt that bad in the first place either..... $250 / month for full coverage for a 19 year old male driving a nice sports car......thats nothin.  :cool:

but hey, i wanted some minor repairs on the bumper/hood/fender anyway....  :unsure:  

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

underruler

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2004, 08:41:48 PM »

Man my insurance must suck...I think it costs like $1600 to insure me.

opperdude

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2004, 08:42:59 PM »

$250 / month?!?!?! Shocked you must make lots o bucks my friend...

'Joost, like juice but better' ~fire

happy now?
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2004, 08:49:33 PM »

$1500 or so. goes really fast though.

under-- get state farm. theyre awesome.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 08:49:55 PM by FragMaster1972 » Logged

underruler

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2004, 08:50:41 PM »

We have AAA or something

fan2hoobastank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2004, 09:37:44 PM »

AAA is pretty good as far as taking care of u when u get in trouble, I dunno about insurance tho.

underruler

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2004, 11:05:16 PM »

meh...I don't know b/c I don't know how to fucking drive b/c my fucking bitch of a mom won't fucking sign me up for a fucking driver's training class that little fuck.

fan2hoobastank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2004, 12:10:16 AM »

LOL that's interesting under, lots of foul language there.

yea but I can understand...on a side note, YAY I"M A VETERAN!!! Cheesy  

FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2004, 06:31:24 AM »

well. latest news: I talked to the body shop, who talked to my insurance company. They don't wanna total it, even though there's $7400 of damage to it. However, we're not quite sure that the insurance inspector caught all the damage. There's more that we barely even noticed, all the way on the driver side. Anyway, they oughta be able to fix it  Smiley , but its gonna take 2-3 weeks  Sad  

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: