BPsite Forums
March 29, 2024, 07:15:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Space Game Alpha  (Read 12307 times)
Drauka

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2004, 09:15:21 PM »

Somone on a differnt forum I visit is alpha testing a game.

http://users.wpi.edu/~dditto/game/

The game is basically a space game. Easy to figure out, the help file sucks, so if you have any questions ask here or email him as it says on the site. Smiley

(Note: Satalittes = ghud. Dey give you more resourses per tick)

Signature:

I am;
A Labourless Peasant, (Damning, Rambling, Aspiring, Unenlightening, King of Anything)
A Masked Faceless, (Diabolical Reliable Assassin of the Underworld, Knowledgeable in the mimickable Arts.)
A Soldier of Sand, Deplorable and Dutiful. Rugged yet Refined. United, and Undeniable. Austere yet Amendable. Kind, and Kingly. Arduous yet Amiable.
A General of the Fallen Legion, (I led my forces into the Deep, we Ran to Assault the Undefeated Keep. Admirably my men crashed like a wave to a ship. the ground shook with our marching and caused me to slip. I fell and later I began to wake. the ground again began to shake, but this time every one fell... Into the Lord’s precipice of hell, here I am damned to forever fall into the abyss.)
A King of the Fallen Nation, (Death stalks his murky streets. Rats run rampant to their Abundant feasts. The Undead stalk the boarders at night. the King, though fallen, has yet to be defeated in a fight. No nation dares intrude upon the unrelenting king. For they fear the horrors his merciless wrath would bring. People fear to leave his nation, and also to Arrive. But his people are just as relentless and resialiant,  they strive to survive.) “The Nation of Steel Will Never Yield.
An Emperor [span style=\'color:green\']of the Anarchists
, (Dispiteous Reaper of Atrocion, Underestimated Kaiser of Ambition)
A God [span style=\'color:green\']of the Faithless[/span], (Defiance, I will never allow. Reliance, I will never allow. Assurance, I will never give. Understanding, I will never give. Killing I will never explain. Always basking, in paradox.)
I am: The Dead, The Underworld, and Death.
I am... Drauka.
[/span]

-Remorse for there is naught left to remorse for.
-We are the metaphorical whores of a new generaltion.
-Again metaphors that means people sit silent and still.
-Ah, this life is just my chessboard, and you are just my pawn.
-Feel the fucking fire rise, up and above and past your eyes.

Jason H. Fredricks'
GandalfTheOld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 08:20:40 AM »

Interesting.
Would be something to see how the production rates affect how well you do in the game later on... and wondering exactly how much the satellite costs increase to later...

Reaction:
A sort of StarCraft-clone, formed into a text-based constantly online scenario... with the RTS concept replaced with Turn-Based Strategy...
It looks very well planned, with room for growth.
It has a potential.

Yeah, the manual has very much to be filled in....
IMO, the following things could help the game:
1. State exactly HOW much of the resources every satellite will let you produce every turn.  Nothing so far lets you know about this info except through watching the numbers change when a turn comes.  Of course, I should have noticed that it said: For the Help page click here!  where it said satellites create 200 of the particular resource...
2. Maybe move the upgrades over to the production page, since it's basically just a button.
3. Some kind of activation/restriction for people joining the game.  Understandable that it's still at a pre-alpha stage, but if it doesn't even try to check for unique accounts(possibly through an e-mail...), I'd wonder what a mass of multiple accounts sending defending fleets to each other would do in gameplay... (i should have put "attacking fleets to everyone else")

Which brings up a number of questions: it has a choice to send your fleet to defend a planet... not just your own but other people's...? How would that work...? and did I read the manual right about sending fleets over takes 8 turns...?  Yipes, explains why you're allowed to make multiple fleets... (but then wouldn't that defeat the purpose of a time penalty?)

When you attack, do you steal only satellites, or do you also steal some of the resources? And if you do either of these things, what exactly is the percentage and what would affect it?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2004, 08:30:29 AM by GandalfTheOld » Logged

koc name:Maaya
Drauka

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 09:57:14 PM »

It has a choice to send your fleet to defend a planet... not just your own but other people's...? How would that work...?

In the next version he is going to have info gathering ships/sats/or somthing so you will know when somone sends a fleet to you and can ask a big brother for help.

and did I read the manual right about sending fleets over takes 8 turns...? Yipes, explains why you're allowed to make multiple fleets... (but then wouldn't that defeat the purpose of a time penalty?)

Yep 8 for the journy 8 for the return. That measn your ships are gone for 8 hours. Multiple fleets mean you can attack multiple people oif you have enough ships.

When you attack, do you steal only satellites, or do you also steal some of the resources? And if you do either of these things, what exactly is the percentage and what would affect it?
So far when I attack I have gained a satilite and destoryed the opposing forces ships. Other half I dunno.

Signature:

I am;
A Labourless Peasant, (Damning, Rambling, Aspiring, Unenlightening, King of Anything)
A Masked Faceless, (Diabolical Reliable Assassin of the Underworld, Knowledgeable in the mimickable Arts.)
A Soldier of Sand, Deplorable and Dutiful. Rugged yet Refined. United, and Undeniable. Austere yet Amendable. Kind, and Kingly. Arduous yet Amiable.
A General of the Fallen Legion, (I led my forces into the Deep, we Ran to Assault the Undefeated Keep. Admirably my men crashed like a wave to a ship. the ground shook with our marching and caused me to slip. I fell and later I began to wake. the ground again began to shake, but this time every one fell... Into the Lord’s precipice of hell, here I am damned to forever fall into the abyss.)
A King of the Fallen Nation, (Death stalks his murky streets. Rats run rampant to their Abundant feasts. The Undead stalk the boarders at night. the King, though fallen, has yet to be defeated in a fight. No nation dares intrude upon the unrelenting king. For they fear the horrors his merciless wrath would bring. People fear to leave his nation, and also to Arrive. But his people are just as relentless and resialiant,  they strive to survive.) “The Nation of Steel Will Never Yield.
A God [span style=\'color:green\']of the Faithless[/span], (Defiance, I will never allow. Reliance, I will never allow. Assurance, I will never give. Understanding, I will never give. Killing I will never explain. Always basking, in paradox.)
I am... Drauka.
[/span]

Jason H. Fredricks'
GandalfTheOld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 03:05:42 AM »

you know, if fuel and fuel satellites are useless, i wish it wasn't there in the first place...

curses myself for not reading the forum first about it... otherwise i would have used it on something more useful like a carbon satellite... it already costs 1000:5250 :|

GandalfTheOld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2004, 10:12:06 PM »

wouldn't be double-posting on the same day, but this is urgent and needs immediate attention from Drauka...

Yo, Drauka, what's the deal with you attacking me?
You are being attacked by Drauka eta 7

i'm pretty sure my fleet of:
Home 10 6 1 0 0 0 0 At Home 0
isn't enough to defend against your attack :|

just to let you know, the goal i've set for myself in here is to beat RandBlade, and get a higher score than him.

but if you intend on going through with this attack on me, be warned that i won't give mercy later on Tongue
especially since there IS an option to recall your fleet back from attacking.

aside from the disgust that the inviter is attacking the invitee, i realize there's no "delete account" option... just great.

EDIT:
Apparently the measly defense I had was enough to repel your attack o_O
that's just about the only good thing... you didn't steal my satellites.
You destroyed one each of fighter, pilferer, and missile ship, though.

For future reference, keep in mind that I have two planets, Lothlorien and Guilty Gear.
BTW, isn't it commonsense to check this forum before/after starting to attack, just to make sure you're not attacking someone you know?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 04:48:32 AM by GandalfTheOld » Logged

Drauka

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 01:46:17 PM »

Whats your name?
[Edit]
Nevermind I'm slow i'll leave you be... Two planets, isnt that a little dishonest for a alpha version? Anyways sorry about the attacks but I have been attacking the five people below me in constant waves trying to pick up a few satilittes. But getting attacked by somone big is a shocker (though I am only minutely bigger than you) Connar has sent a fleet towards me... so I quickly organized a fleet of 10 fighters 3 pilfs 2 missel ships and 1 beam ship for counterattack. And when his fleet aproches me I will have 18 new fighters, 1 new missel ship, and 1 new defender ship. 4 production satilittes rule Wink
[/Edit]

I attack tons of people... spread my forces out across five fleets you got hit with 14 fighters, 3 pilfs, and 1 missle ship. Not unfair.

[edit] Also remember this message is on 5 or more forums. Somone I know is bound to get hit by me on accident. [/Edit]

Fuel sats will have a purpose in the second version. Fuel Sats do have a purpose in this version though - somone attacks you and steals a sat its funny when they steal your fuel sat LOL. They will possibly be a limiting factor in constant attacks- you know how germany ran out of gays in WWII and had to stop the blitz.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 01:53:06 PM by Drauka » Logged

Signature:

I am;
I am... Drauka.
[/span]

Jason H. Fredricks'
GandalfTheOld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 06:23:28 PM »

i started the second planet sometime after your attack on me.
surprising how it went up in scores with such a short time... dishonest, yes, but just testing.  if anything, it's only going to be a defensive planet... if not, a farming planet for other people to take satellites

eesh, 4 production satellites?
i only have 2 of those right now, but with 35 carbon and 13 alloy sats
slow production, but it has powerful resources backing it up Wink another production satellite in the making, the 4th will come after i make about 10-20 more carbon satellites...

hehe, i've put even larger of a difference in scores now between you and me.
it'll only be a matter of time before i catch up with Cornar as well, I'll see what i can do to him when my fleets are fully equipped

Drauka

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2004, 09:42:10 PM »

*Growl* he shatterd my fleets! and I to him as well. He dropped 4 rankings though - worth it.

They only reason you have blasted ahead of me so swiftly is because I now have 3 alloy 4 carbon satillites... and am slowly rebuilding, (I killed over 30 pilfs and he still took 15 sats off of me :angry:)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 09:51:06 PM by Drauka » Logged

Signature:

I am;
I am... Drauka.
[/span]

Jason H. Fredricks'
GandalfTheOld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2004, 08:01:02 AM »

gah.
I just destroyed a bunch of The 7th Ring's attacking ships and my fleets still remain, but he still managed to take away 1 each of Alloy, Carbon, and Fuel satellites?
I don't understand it.  Sure he destroyed 7 out of 15 Fighters, 13 out of 18 Pilferers, 3 of 5 missile ships and 1 of 9 beam ships, but.... (i still have 2 defenders, too)
Things still don't add up.

Drauka

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2004, 09:46:10 PM »

I think the formula is set up as if you have ships defending satilites. You didnt have enoug ships to defend against the whole assult.

My fleet is insanely larger than yours Shocked weird!

70 fighters / 40 pilfs / 10 missel and beams / 4 defendy
as well as 13 alloy 16 carbon 1 fuel and 6 production...

If I repel this attack from Gabofaq then I should be in good order to start attacking again

Signature:

I am;
I am... Drauka.
[/span]

Jason H. Fredricks'
GandalfTheOld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2004, 12:55:38 PM »

Built my first frigate Smiley
it's about time to make my 6-7th production satellite, my production queue is getting long...(about 5hrs' worth of fighters/beam/missileships/alloy/carbon satellites)

Drauka

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2004, 09:32:32 PM »

havent botherd to build a frieght, but researching the last upgrade now. I am getting attacked three times a day but difernt people. Being 15 is a bitch.

BTW the creator of the game attacked you LOL

Signature:

I am;
I am... Drauka.
[/span]

Jason H. Fredricks'
GandalfTheOld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2004, 10:29:06 PM »

yeah, researching for battleships here as well now
and found out Gablorfaqua just started sending his fleet(s) over to me, so I'm going to attack back at him with my entire fleet
Let's see who'll build home fleets faster/better before both fleets arrive at their destinations...

I'm already only 3k behind him in scores...

ok, something must be bugged.
because i lost 2-3k'worth of score for no visible reason(no attacks, can't see any loss of satellites, etc), but when i look at the list of players, Dog-Pound suddenly has twice the score of Randland???

EDIT:
Now I'm past Gablorfaqua, 16k behind The 7th Ring, Dog-pound's put into his place, and The 7th Ring is attacking me again :|
Once one of my fleets return back home, i'll prolly be able to easily fend off his attack again...
although, my question is, does spreading out ships over multiple fleets affect your ability to defend, even if they're all at the same place?(like home, for example)

Drauka, need help in maintaining your account in this game? i'm seeing that my non-attacking alt account already passed you in score by double the amount already... (i'll even give you the alt-account if you want in exchange for your current account... or at least provide protection by threatening the people that try to attack you)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 05:43:55 AM by GandalfTheOld » Logged

Drauka

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2004, 06:27:41 AM »

Name  Your Forces Lost Enemy Forces Lost
Fighter  25  5
Pilferer  0  1
Missile Ship  6  0
Beam Ship  3  9
Defender  0  0
Frigate  0  0
Battleship  0  0

Name  Your Forces Lost Enemy Forces Lost
Fighter  60  5
Pilferer  0  1
Missile Ship  4  0
Beam Ship  7  9
Defender  9  0
Frigate  0  0
Battleship  0  0

Ahem... WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT? ( am emailing morat )

[Edit]
Never mind, a friend of mine... you might see him at the number one place accdiently found a bug when he attacked me and lost the same ammount of ships over and over, while not losing any ships. Also while stealing sats i didnt have. Spot Smiley

Oh btw I was a meer 1k behind you before the bug was exploited so dont get high and mighty.
[/edit]
« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 06:39:59 AM by Drauka » Logged

Signature:

I am;
I am... Drauka.
[/span]

Jason H. Fredricks'
GandalfTheOld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2004, 10:24:29 AM »

hmm... that explains why he went up so high in scores.

but in my case, i did work for mine: extensive production, constant building and researching
i only attacked one person so far in the game Tongue

still can't understand how Morat stole 15+ satellites from me with this:
Name  Your Forces Lost Enemy Forces Lost
Fighter  0  27
Pilferer  0  21
Missile Ship  0  0
Beam Ship  0  0
Defender  0  0
Frigate  0  0
Battleship  0  0

Name  Your Forces Lost Enemy Forces Lost
Fighter  0  27