BPsite Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:49:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Deal With An Enemy  (Read 9379 times)
Zathman

View Profile WWW
« on: May 12, 2004, 05:40:16 PM »

Farm, n.,
(1:) to collect and take the fees or profits of (an occupation or business) on payment of a fixed sum
(2:) to give up (as an estate or a business) to another on condition of receiving in return a fixed sum
(3:) [a:] to devote to agriculture [b:] to manage and cultivate as a farm [c:] to grow or cultivate in quantity <farm trees for fuel> <farm gold>
(4:) to repeatedly within a set amount of time attack a person for their resources <3+ attacks, 5 day period = farming>
Take Note:
* Being attacked once with a 1 turn attack, and then followed by a 15 turn attack is not farming!
* To reduce the risk of being "farmed", spend your money!
* If you're losing petty pocket change (0-250k Gold), don't complain. But if you're losing a lot, continue reading on.
* If you're going to request help, post in the "Fortress" section, and only if you're a full member of TGA.

Taking Action :: The Peacemaker Approach

Rule #1 is curteousness. You all know this game is played by a lot of 13-18 year old males and the first thing someone that age does when he/she is threatened is reply with: "Bring It On!" So being polite is the way to go here.

If you follow these easy steps, your attacker will most likely cease attacking you, and (god forbid) you just might make a friend!

1. Only message them after they've consistently stolen your money for a few days (wait till they've attacked you at least 3 times within a 5 day period)
2. Be polite and friendly about the whole ordeal!
3. Never tell to your enemy about which alliance are you member of. And never threaten your attacker by telling them you've got a lot of 'friends' willing to take him/her down if they do not stop. That is considered a threat and can ruin the diplomacy.
4. Use words like please, thanks, I'd be glad if you..., etc. You have to ask for peace: don't demand peace.
5. Offer them a replacement farm (optional, reccomended)
6. Use the farm as an example: You could always try ****, his counter is only ****... (optional)

Taking Action :: When Diplomacy Fails...

"I've messaged my attacker but he keeps attacking me! Help!"

If he doesn't want to cease attacking you, follow these instructions:

1. Message him that if he does not stop attacking you, you will consult with the leaders of your alliance about his actions. Since he wouldn't stop when you asked nicely, there's no other way to resolve this, but to take it to your alliance.
2. Post his: KOC-name, Stats-link, DA Counter (preferrably get someone to spy on him), Your Attack Logs with his attacks, & the Messages you've sent him (and his/her replies)
3. If you've posted everything correctly, your request shall be considered, and retaliation may be in order.

Before Action Is Taken :: Consider This...

Next time someone farms you 4 times in a week, think long and hard about what a mass on them will do for you. Sometimes, Nothing. Try to put more emphasis on whether or not your request is really worth posting before you post.

Everyone gets attacked, and has gold stolen. That's part of this game. So maybe you stop one person, someone else will probably come along. You cannot destroy every person who attempts to farm you. But if this enemy of yours is really eating at you, then surely TGA will help you out! Just something to consider.

added from a double post:

Subject: If you'd be so kind...

Body: ...and refrain from attacking me, I'd be very much grateful. Perhaps if you can give me your alliance (if you're in one), I can search for a suitable replacement for .. me: Someone not in your alliance (hence my asking for your alliance), that you can farm. Hope you've been able to make use of the ###### Gold you've stolen from me over the past #### days...

Have a good day,

-YOURKOCNAME, DATE
Using This Template, I've gotten 4 different people to stop farming me. And I've received a few alliance invitations from them as well. Why don't you give this template a try if you can't think of a message.

i merged the two posts for you.  next time use the edit button.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 03:41:06 AM by matt_the_shark » Logged
Hyvry1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 06:29:20 PM »

Interesting way to do it.  My way is to raise my DA much higher than their SA and watch them die when they next attack you.  Somone has been farming me for the past 4 days, and he attacked me with a straight 15 turns this morning and i crippled him.  No doubt he won't be farming me anymore! LOL  
Zathman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 06:31:07 PM »

Nice, but sometimes people just can't do that Tongue this guy that was attacking me had like 2 million SA and my DA was like 500k LOL...
ns33

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 07:38:57 PM »

I like it! ^_^ Although most times for me it's usually "Do what I tell you or die." I'm sure under can tell about a guy that happened to think I was bluffing when I told him I meant business. Smiley
Crash2950

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 10:46:27 PM »

that brings back alot of memories.  I like the phone a friend option.  If you really don't want a mass attack but would like to see vengence, I just call up a friend and have them attack.  Then in a round about way, my friend gets my gold.  It's good for me.  
underruler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2004, 01:49:31 AM »

Yea...if someone's farming you it's always better to be nice than say something like..."hey!! I'm going to fuck you up you little bitch.  Stop farming me or you'll die."

I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and and bananas.

http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/hugs.cgi?&HUG...hug=luvr_bunnie

[img]http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/count_hugs.cgi?hug=luv
Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2004, 03:29:17 AM »

that brings back alot of memories.  I like the phone a friend option.  If you really don't want a mass attack but would like to see vengence, I just call up a friend and have them attack.  Then in a round about way, my friend gets my gold.  It's good for me.
Hence the purpose of an alliance, like TGA.  LOL  

- I'm scissors.  Nerf rock.  Paper's fine.

-It's not the mind control that kills people; it's the fall damage.

-Que sera, sera.
matt_the_shark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2004, 03:43:50 AM »

whoah...something seriously looked messed up when i tried to merge those two posts...:blink:

but anyway, the first two posts are merged now Smiley

Zathman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2004, 04:03:44 AM »

:withstupid:

Bah... Ask next time. I can edit these correctly Tongue You royally screwed up the post Tongue I purposefully double posted. Because it was a slight change of context, even though the same topic.
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2004, 11:48:47 AM »

just the same, dont double post. otherwise we'll be forced to wage all-out war on you with our flaming napalm stickynessitouiosity marshmellow guns  Wink

no im serious.  :hmmm:  

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

Filran

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2004, 07:29:36 PM »

I remember that one of the way to get people to stop farming was to say you were in TGA, and if they continued, you and the alliance would kick their ass in.

Too hot to handle, too cold to hold.

Member of TGA for five years! Joined Feb 1st, 2003
Uber Peasant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2004, 07:42:43 PM »

what if their alliance is stronger than TGA?

Hyvry1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2004, 07:47:07 PM »

TGA has close relations with a lot of alliances, so they will intervine to help us, as we have and will continue help them.  That way one alliance can not be picked on.
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2004, 08:58:43 PM »

what if their alliance is stronger than TGA?
TGA has never lost any alliance wars. Tongue

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Arkanor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2004, 01:06:12 AM »

True... but then again, we haven't won a couple either.  LOL  :hehe:  LOL  :hehe:  (Remember the Relentless mass-attacks and subsequent sabbing retals?)

Being a good example is hard.  I’m trying to serve as a horrible warning instead.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: