BPsite Forums
April 18, 2024, 02:07:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Matrix: Reloaded  (Read 25758 times)
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2003, 04:08:39 PM »

The hardest errors to solve are those that say "Haha, you idiot, you screwed up your code, but I'm not going to tell you which line you did it on, nor what was happening when I did it, or even give you any useful information at all!".

Visual Basic gives these sorts of errors... Hmmm. perhaps Life was written in VB. That would explain why it sucked so much. :mellow:

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2003, 04:09:24 PM »

"The meaning of life" is a non-sensical statement, like saying "the filesize of a pizza", or "the shape of fun", and you cannot (correctly) answer a query where there is no real question.

Unfortunately, unlike computer compilers, Life does not tend to give error messages when we do stupid things. Sad
ok then...why do we live?...

instead of picking at a tiny clerical error, maybe you'd like to take a look at the main meaning of my previous post?

but i see you're not really a philosophy kinda guy...more into solid facts and figures...
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2003, 04:27:55 PM »

Why do we live? Duh! Because we were born. :rolleyes:

But I know what you're trying to ask, and I do have an answer, except it doesn't solve anything.
Ignoring as much as possible the restraints of language:
A persons purpose in Life, the reason they live, or the meaning of their life, is unique. Or, at least, most people have different ones. Some people might have something seemingly pointless... perhaps a persons purpose is to pickup a penny, because if they hadn't done that Bill Gates would have walked on it, slipped over and broken his neck, and we'd all be using Linux. (ARGH!!!)
I think a lot of people want to know their purpose, but none of them (or very few) actually need to know it. I believe that if you simply do your best by trying your hardest to do what it feels right for you to do, then you will probably fulfil your reason.

Personally, I simply want to be as good as I can at what I do, whilst causing as much happiness as I am able to. If I do that then I will be happy. If I do half of it then I will be content. If I haven't at least half of it, then I wont die until I have.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2003, 04:35:10 PM »

oh thats not really a reason...though i can see what you mean, the obvious answer to that is, what feels right for you to do, means nothing in the long run...as you'll soon be dead anyway...

basicly what you're saying is that the purpose of life is to do, whatever you damn well feel like...however, the meaning of life is actually a much simplified question...its actually, why does anything exist?...what purpose does it fulfil?...and its actually the lack of answers thereof that defines the human race...not the knowledge of such answers...which i believe is what the odd french fellow from Reloaded was talking about
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2003, 04:38:46 PM »

>.<

Permission to make a more lighthearted Matrix topic, SIR.
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2003, 04:40:36 PM »

Oh, you mean the purpose of existance, then?

Well, there are several options:

1) BANG!

2) God got bored.

3) If (Math.random == 2.71828182818281828) { Create(); }

4) [[/font]

5)

6) Something else.

Personally I don't believe the first two, but I don't know which of the rest I agree with either.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2003, 04:42:22 PM by SS » Logged

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2003, 04:44:20 PM »

Permission to make a more lighthearted Matrix topic, SIR.
*waves hand dismissively*

If you must.

Rug

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2003, 04:46:39 PM »

Is number 5 supposed to be blank?

And I'm about to go make a the topic What would your Matrix-name be? because I've seen it progress very well in other forums Smiley
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2003, 04:46:46 PM »

actually, its probably one of those...

but this got me thinking...another thing the person was talking about...since the eventuality is not persistent, it does not matter in the loop on life, what is persistent is the question itself, the why. But since Neo came to him with no why, no understanding of the question itself, he came to the person with nothing...and with no question, there can be no answer

see?...philisophical  :sheep:  
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2003, 04:51:02 PM »

Is number 5 supposed to be blank?
Yes. It indicates that there is no reason... or possibly that we don't exist. :miffed:

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2003, 04:53:31 PM »

but this got me thinking...another thing the person was talking about...since the eventuality is not persistent, it does not matter in the loop on life, what is persistent is the question itself, the why. But since Neo came to him with no why, no understanding of the question itself, he came to the person with nothing...and with no question, there can be no answer

But Neo didn't want to know why, he wanted the keymaker? :huh:

Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2003, 05:29:37 PM »

<_<  you're ruining my philisophical mood...

except neo didn't know why he was there...he didn't know why he needed the keymaker...he was there because someone told him to be there...which is a terrible reason
mole

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2003, 07:38:55 PM »

y is that terrible

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2003, 08:17:59 PM »

because there's no understanding attatched to it...it is not a why?...it is a response to a command
Amontilado

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2003, 07:23:42 AM »

Actually guys, the reason of life is 42.
It' s a scientifically proven fact and has also found his way into literature.
And for the movie, i was quite dissapointed.
They promised so much and delivered a half-empty box. Especially most of the special effects were crappy.
And yeah, they pounded some philosophical statements in, but that looked really enforced, it didn't fit in.
That is not what a film makes witty. These statements were just supposed to lead Neo from one fight to another. Ridiculous.
The only cool thing about this movie was, that Agent Smith became independent as a virus.
Well, i wanted to make my text more prfound, but my english knowledge wouldn't work it out.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: