BPsite Forums
April 26, 2024, 08:02:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which Age did you like the best, and why?
Age 0 - 9 (34.6%)
Age 1 - 13 (50%)
Age 2 - 3 (11.5%)
Age 3 Beta - 1 (3.8%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Age owned?  (Read 28859 times)
smi256

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2004, 07:01:46 AM »

Nothing lame like 'cuz we smashed such-and-such clan', but ‘good battles’ is still a reason. OH, and when you started might be nice to know also Cheesy

as a reminder. (post is something if something is wrong or needing to be added)
Age 0 – death to the soldiers
Age 1 – enters the spys with their spying/sabotage, mercenaries, and weapon damage sabotage was age 2, weapon damage wasn't used until age two either
Age 2 – change of race bonuses (that happened in Age 1 didn't it?)
Age 3 Beta – removal of sabotage, (calculation changes)

[disclaimer]
I will delete/edit rant/rave posts or other bothersome comments and such (I’m so covering my rear due to some people just being to damn nit-picky. and if you still BS your way through it, I'll do it anyways just cuz I'm mean Cheesy and I'll say "talk to the sheep, cuz the he doesn't bleating care   :sheep: " .get it? LOL  bleating, sheep bleat Wink and umm..it's funny Sad ok fine  :hmmm: I'll be quite now <_< )
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 03:31:48 PM by matt_the_shark » Logged

*was here
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 07:05:08 AM »

I think Age0 was best, simply because it was the first one, and people actually played the game and weren't so bothered about stats and crap. Age1 wasn't bad either. Age2 was when it started going downhill.

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Perdition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 07:12:55 AM »

I'd say age 1.  i wasnt around for age 0  and age one is the best out of  what I've expeirienced
Filran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 07:14:03 AM »

Age 0 hands down.

Too hot to handle, too cold to hold.

Member of TGA for five years! Joined Feb 1st, 2003
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2004, 07:47:33 AM »

Even though it’s neat to have new and different options, the whole system has been bogged down I think.  The simple way was fun, though I can see that it would get boring if nothing changed.  I just think it’s bloody tedious for having to logon so much for maintenance of the account (time I don’t have) or even monotonous with respect that you could very easily set up some ‘simple’ program that just does one thing over and over, and thus removing the human aspect of the game.
[/rant]  
 :sheep:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 07:50:47 AM by smi256 » Logged

*was here
Perdition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2004, 07:50:09 AM »

well everything gets boring after a while.  cept  this place. and we tend to repeat ourselves too.  hmm weird.

i need to learn how to drink water. it got everywhere but my mouth.  LOL
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 07:53:03 AM by Firefairy_8 » Logged
Biteme360

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2004, 08:18:36 AM »

i started prity early in age 1

age 1 didn't have sabotage that was age 2 that started that

age 1 had the weapon damage thing, but i think it was disabled or something

you forgot about the 5X rule, durning most of age 1 there was a rule that you could only attack some 5X your own size or half of your own size, i think that should be brought back, to help stop the fake , it would mean LS would prity much be unstopable cause no more massing him, but i think the game was funner with it, and you didn't have baby accounts checking your str before the real account came in and kicked the crud out of your def.

The One and ONLY Shadow_King
The Tallest Person is the Last One Standing
underruler

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2004, 08:24:15 AM »

I voted Age 2 b/c I wasn't here for the other ages and Age 3 Beta stinks like poo.

I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and and bananas.

http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/hugs.cgi?&HUG...hug=luvr_bunnie

[img]http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/count_hugs.cgi?hug=luv
Drifter1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2004, 08:26:16 AM »

not much difference between age 2 and age 3 beta...i vote age1

What do you do when you have All Wheel Drive?

You go driftin' Tongue
[/size]

koc name: Sweeper_LaCN[/size]
underruler

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2004, 08:45:48 AM »

Well at least sabotage was there.

matt_the_shark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2004, 03:35:06 PM »

sabotage sucks.  it's the only thing the elves had and it was only an early game thing  :hmmm:

I started playing in late march last year.(yes, so i am almost a year old! Cheesy) and i say age one was ownage.  Other than the occasional down time (but that's every age, isn't it?) it was how the game was meant to be. Smiley

G1lbert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2004, 03:53:23 PM »

Age 0, I started playing it when it started (or one week after that, can't pinpoint it anymore). I just loved the 'x (number of) pitifully soldiers eaten'-messages that came when you attacked someone as an Orc. Also the starting of alliances, everything so new and fresh and juicy and fruity and..

When it ended I was happy to have reached around 100 men..
Age 1 was also nice, Orcs lost their eating of opponents-capacities, but that got 'rewarded' by giving them a 25% more casualties-bonus, which was kinda funny, also because it was a knife which cut at both sides (would you encounter 25% more casualties, or would the opponent encounter 25% more casualties?). Age 1 saw the real start of alliances and -in my opinion- the time of glory for N.O.O..
It was funny to have your troops carry 5 or more weapons each.. at the end, age 1 itself became boring, it lasted way too long. The war with TGA made it a bit funny again, but even that died out. Since, the game in itself died out more and more. The 25% casualties got changed in age2, which saw sabotage and Orcs with attack-bonus.. (the latter I found quite good, but the sabotage sucked big time). Beta... boring..

Tongue  

matt_the_shark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2004, 03:59:47 PM »

ah, the war with NOO, that was good.  i remember it well.  I had a good time on your forums back then Smiley

ns33

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2004, 05:50:58 PM »

I remember my 300-soldier army flinging some 100 thousand knives at the enemy. It was fun!  :rolleyes:  
underruler

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2004, 08:54:06 PM »

sabotage sucks.  it's the only thing the elves had and it was only an early game thing  :hmmm:
Well I'm just basing this on what I have seen, but now there isn't even sabotage to make elves good.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: