BPsite Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:31:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bubba Wars have been declared  (Read 53994 times)
EvilTracy

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2004, 08:31:42 AM »

I have declared the Bubba Wars on TGA, Not Orc Army wars. Because some of our newer members want to build up their accounts and get a good rank, we decided not to drag all of Orc Army into a war, but instead I have posted on several boards asking anyone if they would like to participate in a war..... I've been in the top 100 since the beta period started.... and i'm bored. I spend my money and buy stuff.... some of our members feel the same way... we have even had a couple quit KoC alltogether  Sad

So, to spice up life, TGA will soon have a handful of players from a few alliances attacking on a daily basis.

These wars will be called the "Bubba Wars".  So far, it appears that biteme is gonna be the main competition... although diskreet has a nice sized army too! Oh, and LadyofLight.... you were a big part of the last wars with Orc Army, so, we will be sure you don't get forgotten either.  LOL

... let the fun begin!  Tongue  

Hyvry1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 09:06:14 AM »

yay i can help this age
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 11:10:33 AM »

Crap idea, crap name. At least you're thorough.
matt_the_shark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 02:56:59 PM »

so...the newbieies are gonna attack us then?  that's....annoying....:hmmm:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2004, 04:04:31 PM by matt_the_shark » Logged

Biteme360

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 04:10:52 PM »

my thoughts exactly

The One and ONLY Shadow_King
The Tallest Person is the Last One Standing
underruler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2004, 04:54:46 PM »

Exactly who are these other alliances?

And I think idea is crap too b/c I'm already getting raped every night for my gold.  I wake up I have 30k gold and my TBG is almost 10k.

Besides that, this age *is* boring.  Not much has changed besides the fact that there are more fortifications and less gold.  I guess the admins think it's more exciting when we're down in the economy.  <_<  

I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and and bananas.

http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/hugs.cgi?&HUG...hug=luvr_bunnie

[img]http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/count_hugs.cgi?hug=luv
GandalfTheOld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2004, 06:27:09 PM »

don't forget that this isn't even a full-fledged "Age" persay...
it's a friggin beta, no one's given an award or prize for being top 10, and anything you do in beta doesn't transfer over to the real Age 3 except your officers and commanding chain

the main reason for this beta being so boring is because apparently the KoC admins haven't bothered to even come up with a new idea to be implemented into the game other than taking away the only useful ability of elves, lower your starting gold to nil, and halving TBG while leaving costs the same, giving the ones involved in multiple alliances and atop huge commanding chains the biggest advantage while every one else gets the crapper.
IF, by a miracle, the KoC admins had a new idea, they wouldn't have spent valuable time and resources on an idiotic thing like the tuberacer nor would they have bothered to take away pieces of the game.  They'd have spent their time coding the things in and testing it out for REAL during beta.

But what do we get? Basically something resembling Age 1(turning back time, hah) with the added trouble of having to repair weapons.

From the looks of it, the admins seemed to assume we'd be satisfied with spiffy new fortications(that new people won't get for a LONG time) and made sure we'd be spending more time upgrading things (by lowering our rate of earning turn money) instead of amassing huge armies*cough*orc00 and lordstriker*cough*.

And with the guess-which-picture-is-correct-whoops-you-got-it-but-we're-still-penalizing-you clicking window and the basic code behind the armory and mercenary windows not changed, I'm imagining that all the auto-buyer programs out there still functions.

Sorry for this huge rant, but I simply had to get it out.

*looks back at the post... Strange, I started out using few punctuations and few capitalizations, I ended up with complete sentences... o_O*

koc name:Maaya
EvilTracy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2004, 07:06:40 PM »

Haha, you said it gandolf. This is age 2 with less money, no sabotage, and more fortifications.
BTW.... forget upgradingcompletely.... for most people, it will NEVER happen. Last age, I had over 6K dragons and about 1500-2000 skins.... and when I sold it all, I had about 1.4 billion I believe.... I think this hand of God thing is more than that.... just ridiculouse.... so, most of us are well aware that we won't come in number 1.... but at least we could shoot for getting all our upgrades.... racing with other members of our alliance to become fully upgraded... but now, that's not even an option.

I had one wild idea last night to make the use of 'probe' accounts less useful. I notice, it doesn't matter if I use 1 attack or 15.... soldiers killed and weapons damage is still about the same. I'm just curious if they have ever given any thought into making dead soldiers and weapons damage proportional to how many attacks you use.  

Saladin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2004, 07:18:26 PM »

In Age 1 if you used more attacks you killed more soldiers but it apparently didn't carry over to the other ages

I have become Death; destroyer of worlds.
--J. Robert Oppenheimer upon witnessing the explosion of the first atomic bomb
[/font]
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
[/font]
GandalfTheOld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2004, 08:07:10 PM »

What really irks me is that there haven't been a single change since the start of Age 3 Beta, except for the addition of a KoC shirt available. Big whoop.

If the admins aren't bothering to introduce possible new additions to the game system, they should have called what we have right now as Age 2 Circumcised, NOT Age 3 Public Beta.  At least THAT reflects the truth of the situation.

A beta is a testing ground for new things to come.  The least that they could do is tweak something weekly.  In the meantime, I'm continually attracted toward other online games...

160k Walled Town
20.48m....Drawbridge
327.68m
655.36m
Hand of God is...1.31b gold, if i counted right

koc name:Maaya
matt_the_shark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2004, 10:56:26 PM »

O_O OMGWTFZORS 1.31 BILLION GOLD?!?!?!?!? :angry:  

*goes to kill the admins who made it so expensive

EvilTracy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2004, 11:08:48 PM »

Ikes, Biteme has gotten me good... he gave me the 5x1 and here were the results

His deaths vs mine
21 / 59
31 / 78
11 / 30
30 / 74
16 / 43

My attacks on him:::
My deaths vs His
13 / 23
9 / 16
6 / 14

Ouch, it hurts to add it up..... don't matter.... I will continue still  Tongue  (just don't drop me below the 167,800 per turn mark.... that's the milestone I was aiming for)

Arkanor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2004, 01:52:01 AM »

LOL... that much money would have challenged even Inktank.  And so far NOBODY, not even Orc00, has beaten Ink for sheer fekking army size.  1.3 bilion for the hand of god... you'd be better off just buying a s**tload of weapons.

Being a good example is hard.  I’m trying to serve as a horrible warning instead.
Biteme360

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2004, 02:29:04 AM »

you started it evil, but i'm sure as hell gona finish it

The One and ONLY Shadow_King
The Tallest Person is the Last One Standing
Elvish_Dude

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2004, 02:31:53 AM »

Instead of making age 3 better than age 2 they are kust making it worse.

Long Live Elves, Dwarves, and Humans!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: