BPsite Forums
April 28, 2024, 03:22:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: LOTR  (Read 31503 times)
Perdition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2003, 12:55:53 AM »

oooo my dad just got the two towers special weirdness and it came with a smeagol  statue thingy. he soo cute(in a tortured soul kinda way, not in the rip his loin cloth off way)
ns33

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2003, 01:55:33 AM »

That edition is $20 more expensive than just the video... How big is the figure anyway, and is that all that comes with it?
Perdition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2003, 03:49:48 AM »

umm lemme find a tape measure.  its really friggin awesome.  smeagol is holding a fish Smiley   ummm I guessing it to be about five inches tall. couldnt find a tape measure.

and it also comes with a  small book and movie on gollum.  and a bunch of special features disks about the making of the movie and all that stuff.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2003, 03:50:47 AM by Firefairy_8 » Logged
LadyofLight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2003, 09:27:31 PM »

Yeah, I got the extended edition collector's set the day it came out.  It's pretty awesome.  I haven't calculated it for the TTT edition yet, but I know for the FOTR extended edition there was about 30+ hours of material besides the movie itself.  Absolutely wonderful for the true LOTR geek, but probably a little too much for the casual admirer.  Tongue

*Spoiler(kind of)*

I hadn't heard that the scouring was going back in.  I know other stuff, but I'm not sure about this, cuz when they returned it showed them riding in in all their armour and it was all green and stuff, and it was supposed to be when they got back.  And according to some articles I read and stuff I don't think they ever planned to include it.  Film is just too much of a different genre than a book.  Film watchers never stand for much of a conflict after the main conflict.  It's too 'anticlimatic'.  Yell all you want, but PJ was making a film, not just a memorial to a book, and he made the decisions that made the best film he could, even if it meant changing things from the book.

*End spoiler*

And  I think TTT deviated from the books even more than ROTK did, but that's just me....

* diskreet votes for LadyofLight as cutest TGA member. Cheesy

* diskreet picks up LadyofLight and takes her home. Tongue

* LadyofLight feels like diskreet is trying to take advantage of her :-|
Thamior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2003, 09:33:50 PM »

I really like what you said about Jackson making the best movie he possibly could without worrying about paying tribute to the books.  I loved the movie.  I'll never read the books.  I couldn't care any less if the movie was inaccurate to the books.  And I hate when people say stuff like "Oh, the books were so much better than the movie," when they know you haven't read the books, just so they can feel superior.  IT'S NOT MY FAULT I CAN'T READ IF NOBODY EVER TAUGHT ME!  Sad   The movie...is always better than the book.  Tongue  

I'm gonna hang out with my wang out and rock out with my cock out!
ns33

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2003, 09:40:29 PM »

And  I think TTT deviated from the books even more than ROTK did, but that's just me....
Depends what you mean from "deviate" because there's tons of different factors that are tossed into the work place when you're going from book to film. Yes, there will be added scenes that never happened in the book, and yes, there will be important scenes from the book deleted in the movie. But the point of the MOVIE is for the viewer to enjoy it in context of the book. Important scenes from the book that are incorporated into the movie might kill the movie, which defeats the point of making a film in the first place. Check disk 3 of TTT, I think its chapter 13 or 14 where they talk about book vs film.
KILLUMALL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2003, 03:42:10 AM »

heres a spoiler THEY ALL DIE WHEN ALIENS COME AND EAT THERE BRAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL  no i saw the movie and ill only say go out right now dont even finsih reading this just leave and see it :sheep: vs :ph34r:

I changed spoiner to spoiler for you Smiley

« Last Edit: December 28, 2003, 04:25:24 AM by Firefairy_8 » Logged

Rowdy, outsiders of loony insubordinent disease.....R.O.O.L.I.D. (hells yeah)
my quote: The greatest trick the devil ever did pull was making the world believe he wasnt real

*Shimmies down the hall....falls out of the house....*
Official owner of:
Carpet Spamming,Not only do I not know the answer, I Dont even know what the question is...Im a freak of society in a society of Freaks
opperdude

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2003, 02:05:34 PM »

oooh i saw it yesterday night!!! Smiley  Smiley me liked, alot Smiley

i do wanna know what the different ending is compared to the book tho

'Joost, like juice but better' ~fire

happy now?
Arahen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2003, 03:43:19 PM »

ooh i am prolly going to see it tomoz..and first the first 2 movies..wiehie  :sheep:  

i am a girl so...
Saladin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2004, 07:25:01 PM »

so what were your favorite parts?

I have become Death; destroyer of worlds.
--J. Robert Oppenheimer upon witnessing the explosion of the first atomic bomb
[/font]
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
[/font]
mole

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2004, 07:29:11 PM »

personal verdict: wow

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2004, 07:29:44 PM »

so what were your favorite parts?
Cavalry Charges; all 3 of em. Eowyn vs Witch King, mainly because the Witch King is cool. Minas Morgul.
mole

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2004, 07:36:52 PM »

its hardly a versus though is it  Sad its fun and the way she does it but it doesnt last long

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2004, 07:51:10 PM »

Lasts a short paragraph in the book.
mole

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2004, 07:55:15 PM »

the book doesnt interest me now, im sur eif i read it before maybe but, i know the beggining, i know the end, details dont matter once youve seen nearly 12 hours of film

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: