BPsite Forums
April 20, 2024, 08:03:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: So, spill the beans.
Clicks. - 6 (13%)
Revenge on your enemies. - 2 (4.3%)
Socialize. - 10 (21.7%)
Boredom. - 6 (13%)
Challenge - 3 (6.5%)
Just for the hell of it - 8 (17.4%)
None. - 3 (6.5%)
Some other reason...? - 8 (17.4%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your motive  (Read 28623 times)
GandalfTheOld

View Profile WWW
« on: November 24, 2003, 07:16:24 PM »

Always been wondering what all you peoples' motives were/are for joining and staying with TGA.

As for myself, it was initially just revenge, but now it's more of having fun and socializing with fellow alliance members Wink
It's damned boring if you had to play by yourself or with your old high-school friends that you don't talk much anymore...

koc name:Maaya
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2003, 07:26:50 PM »

when I first joined it was mainly for clicks. Now its more the socialization/community aspect.

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

Thamior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2003, 07:28:42 PM »

My vote was for "Just for the hell of it."  When I started playing this game I knew absolutely nothing about it.  I don't even remember how I heard of it because nobody I know plays it.  I went to the KoC Forums and was like "Hmm...I need to join an alliance b/c I'll get wrecked on my own."  TGA was one of the first alliances I saw.  I saw it accepted elves so I figured I'd check it out.  It had a cool banner and not a gay name like the "Friendship Alliance" "Rainbow Alliance" or "We Like it Up the Butt" alliance, and that was enough for me.  Now that I'm in, the reason I stay active is for the community part, but the question asked why we joined.

I'm gonna hang out with my wang out and rock out with my cock out!
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2003, 07:57:56 PM »

sexual innuendo...

:ph34r:

no really...theres an awful lot of that flying around...
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2003, 08:03:53 PM »

[Reminiscing]
In high school someone started playing KOC and would tell us about it and a bunch of us just looked over his shoulder.  When we saw what it was, we figured it’d be a little something for us to do during our lunch break.  We weren’t really an alliance, but when someone got hit hard, we called it rape; we would start attacking back in mass.  We even kept a list of ID numbers in our agendas, of people that were good farms, or rapeable, as we called it.  But this is where we sort’a lost interest.  Things stopped being realistic, having more weapons then solders and still having them count, and attacking people with little or no defense killed hundreds of your soldiers, and exedra.  Game play slowed, and they stopped playing.  
[/flapping my lip]
[Actual answer to question]
Then I joined TGA, because there really isn’t much purpose in the game when you don’t have anyone to gossip with about the game, and to strategize with.  That’s why I was pushing for Age3 plans so much, it’s more fun to be more organized, and much more beneficial for the alliance.  Heck, the organizing might be more fun then the game at times. Tongue

Crap.  How does this happen? :angry:  I end up with long posts…it much be all the writing assignments I get, :hmmm:  and all the filler and BS I put in them. Tongue

*was here
ns33

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2003, 08:51:52 PM »

I joined cause it was really the only alliance that appealed to me. I guess the name had a lot to do with it. It wasnt in-your-face or too glaring, nor was it boring. The Great Alliance just is what its name is. I think almost three quarters of my decision was based on name itself, and seeing it was relatively "new" (I'm member 69 and dont forget that Cheesy) I decided to join up.

That number is forum member. For TGA member you'd be aorund 400. Have a nice day Tongue.[/i]
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 09:10:51 PM by Rug » Logged
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2003, 08:57:02 PM »

SS drafted me into his evil circle of UBER WARRIORS!!!!

...No, seriously, SS introduced me to the game and I joined TGA as soon as he created it... Member #6... taste the fear....
Perdition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2003, 09:08:29 PM »

I love everous' reason.  i don't remember my reason for joining probolbly for clicks or the hell of it I dunno
Yaza2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2003, 09:13:08 PM »

I don't know why I'm here maybe someone can tell me. Mainly to get help and revenge. Sometimes I try to help out. I pop up here and there. I'm so damn busy with school and stuff i haven't been in the forums or the chat. I will soon. Don't forget me Sad  

dead -_-'    
opperdude

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2003, 09:14:26 PM »

hmmm i was in NEA, when it was totally disorganized (rem and me posted most there :cool: ), we were having this war together with u guys, i noticed u guys were much more effective and willing to fight (and yes more fun to hang out with)
and the reason i'm staying is that i like it here, i'd might have quit KoC long time ago if it wasn't for TGA

'Joost, like juice but better' ~fire

happy now?
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2003, 09:25:51 PM »

heh, and to think that I was going to join relentless due to effectiveness and drive.  But then I saw it was nothing more then stepping on people that are new to the game, and cheap tricks like having lots of accounts... those are the exact people I don't like, so I came here. Cheesy good dissection. yes yes.

*was here
ns33

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2003, 09:34:19 PM »

I know its a forum number. I just had to point it out in semi-relevant to join date since entrace into alliance required postings on forum.  :sheep: :grass:
pdj32000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2003, 09:39:36 PM »

I joined for socialization and mayb to get to learn grom the greatest about the game... i mean it is the "Great" Alliance hehe

If con is the opposite of pro, what's the opposite of progress?[/size]
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.[/size][/font]
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars.[/size][/font]

If opportunity doesn't knock...build a door.[/size]
No one dies a virgin... life screws us all![/size][/font]
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.[/size][/font]
Saladin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2003, 10:20:41 PM »

i liked the name, now its socialization

I have become Death; destroyer of worlds.
--J. Robert Oppenheimer upon witnessing the explosion of the first atomic bomb
[/font]
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
[/font]
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2003, 10:22:48 PM »

*Looks around*

Anyone who has ever suggested changing the name of this Alliance is to report to my officer for Level 5 excruciation.

Thankyou.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 10:23:18 PM by Rug » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: