BPsite Forums
April 30, 2024, 01:57:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: Magic: The Card Game  (Read 35864 times)
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2003, 02:29:42 PM »

They can't just have a site where you just pick--"i have  this and this and this"--or people would just pick all the awesome cards and build all-powerful decks.
The problem with that being that no cards are all-powerful, and every deck can be countered if you know its contents & what you're doing.

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2003, 06:01:46 PM »

but there are definitely certain cards that everyone drools over, correct? I'm guessing as best I can from what I've seen and heard of my Magic-playing friends. So that's actually it? You can pick any cards you want? I'm surprised it works out.

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2003, 10:53:08 PM »

There are some better cards, yeah, but generally they require high casting costs, if you are lucky enough to get them out.

Some people will build entire decks based around getting a certain card or set of cards into play that play really well and win them the game, but getting a deck to do this requires intelligence, getting the cards in the right order requires luck, and surviving long enough to get the card(s) into play requires skill.

Plus, what happens if two beings with almost infinite power have a fight - just think of most films: you end up with an awesome battle. Cheesy

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Drauka

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2003, 11:08:16 PM »

I have a green deck that I thought was unbeatable, but with the right black cards its slaughterd.
(Certian mana burn decks beat it as well)

Signature:

I am;
A Labourless Peasant, (Damning, Rambling, Aspiring, Unenlightening, King of Anything)
A Masked Faceless, (Diabolical Reliable Assassin of the Underworld, Knowledgeable in the mimickable Arts.)
A Soldier of Sand, Deplorable and Dutiful. Rugged yet Refined. United, and Undeniable. Austere yet Amendable. Kind, and Kingly. Arduous yet Amiable.
A General of the Fallen Legion, (I led my forces into the Deep, we Ran to Assault the Undefeated Keep. Admirably my men crashed like a wave to a ship. the ground shook with our marching and caused me to slip. I fell and later I began to wake. the ground again began to shake, but this time every one fell... Into the Lord’s precipice of hell, here I am damned to forever fall into the abyss.)
A King of the Fallen Nation, (Death stalks his murky streets. Rats run rampant to their Abundant feasts. The Undead stalk the boarders at night. the King, though fallen, has yet to be defeated in a fight. No nation dares intrude upon the unrelenting king. For they fear the horrors his merciless wrath would bring. People fear to leave his nation, and also to Arrive. But his people are just as relentless and resialiant,  they strive to survive.) “The Nation of Steel Will Never Yield.
An Emperor [span style=\'color:green\']of the Anarchists
, (Dispiteous Reaper of Atrocion, Underestimated Kaiser of Ambition)
A God [span style=\'color:green\']of the Faithless[/span], (Defiance, I will never allow. Reliance, I will never allow. Assurance, I will never give. Understanding, I will never give. Killing I will never explain. Always basking, in paradox.)
I am: The Dead, The Underworld, and Death.
I am... Drauka.
[/span]

-Remorse for there is naught left to remorse for.
-We are the metaphorical whores of a new generaltion.
-Again metaphors that means people sit silent and still.
-Ah, this life is just my chessboard, and you are just my pawn.
-Feel the fucking fire rise, up and above and past your eyes.

Jason H. Fredricks'
master_kamui

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2003, 07:44:32 AM »

what format do you play? standard, extended or type 1?
That makes a lot of difference on the decks not to mention how powerful one can be.  
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2003, 08:31:28 PM »

:blink:

Weird scary man is saying strange things!

Daimao

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2003, 08:46:28 PM »

:blink:

Weird scary man is saying strange things!
LOL SS
formats are edition restrictions
like type I is alpha till I don't know anymore etc so you can't use cards from tempest on a type I tourney

.:: Lemming Ball Z : DBZ style fighting game with lemmings ::.

.:: Daimao.be : Daimao's Personal Website ::.

.:: Daimao's Daily Comics : Various daily comics ::.

*There's no time to discriminate , Hate every mothafuc|{a that's in your way*

*Let's call it Surprise Sex , Rape is such a harsh word*

*Raised to be stupid - Taught to be nothing at all*

*I don't like the drugs - But the drugs like me*
master_kamui

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2003, 06:12:16 AM »

in type 1 you can use cards from alpha-mirrodin(the last expansion) with a few exceptions, extended goes from tempest to mirrodin, and type 2(also known as standard) uses the last large edition(8th)and the last two block cycles (onslaught block and mirrodin).  Hope you understand...........
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2003, 06:54:11 PM »

:miffed: Why can't they just have "all cards", "only current cards", or "cards from series X"?

Drauka

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2003, 08:21:40 PM »

dont worrie about it SS your safe we were playing typith one.

Signature:

I am;
A Labourless Peasant, (Damning, Rambling, Aspiring, Unenlightening, King of Anything)
A Masked Faceless, (Diabolical Reliable Assassin of the Underworld, Knowledgeable in the mimickable Arts.)
A Soldier of Sand, Deplorable and Dutiful. Rugged yet Refined. United, and Undeniable. Austere yet Amendable. Kind, and Kingly. Arduous yet Amiable.
A General of the Fallen Legion, (I led my forces into the Deep, we Ran to Assault the Undefeated Keep. Admirably my men crashed like a wave to a ship. the ground shook with our marching and caused me to slip. I fell and later I began to wake. the ground again began to shake, but this time every one fell... Into the Lord’s precipice of hell, here I am damned to forever fall into the abyss.)
A King of the Fallen Nation, (Death stalks his murky streets. Rats run rampant to their Abundant feasts. The Undead stalk the boarders at night. the King, though fallen, has yet to be defeated in a fight. No nation dares intrude upon the unrelenting king. For they fear the horrors his merciless wrath would bring. People fear to leave his nation, and also to Arrive. But his people are just as relentless and resialiant,  they strive to survive.) “The Nation of Steel Will Never Yield.
An Emperor [span style=\'color:green\']of the Anarchists
, (Dispiteous Reaper of Atrocion, Underestimated Kaiser of Ambition)
A God [span style=\'color:green\']of the Faithless[/span], (Defiance, I will never allow. Reliance, I will never allow. Assurance, I will never give. Understanding, I will never give. Killing I will never explain. Always basking, in paradox.)
I am: The Dead, The Underworld, and Death.
I am... Drauka.
[/span]

-Remorse for there is naught left to remorse for.
-We are the metaphorical whores of a new generaltion.
-Again metaphors that means people sit silent and still.
-Ah, this life is just my chessboard, and you are just my pawn.
-Feel the fucking fire rise, up and above and past your eyes.

Jason H. Fredricks'
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: