BPsite Forums
April 26, 2024, 07:24:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: formulas and their complexity  (Read 6570 times)
master_kamui

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2003, 06:09:27 AM »

If the cover action formula is so simple without random factors, then why the others are so complex?to add some sort of luck in attacking such as in a real war?  I would like to know
DKi9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2003, 11:08:31 AM »

That's the theory I'm going with.  Just because an army may be better equipped doesn't mean the tide can't change in some way; this is their attempt at throwing variables/unknowns in.

Sunny days wouldn't be special
if it wasn't for rain;
Joy wouldn't feel so good
if it wasn't for pain.
Death gotta be easy
cuz life is hard;
It'll leave you physically, mentally
and emotionally scarred.

50 Cent
Dark_Banana

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2003, 03:01:09 AM »

I've noticed that even covert can be random to an extent, where sabotage will work and then fail.
master_kamui

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2003, 06:32:09 AM »

Could be that way.  That could explain how someone with a high CA coul fail to sabotage other with so much lower CA than him.
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2003, 06:48:40 AM »

its possible to get the random #0, which basically screws you no matter what, if I'm not mistaken.

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

bofor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2003, 12:02:06 AM »

I've also had the experience while sabbing someone using the same # of spies and sabbing the same weapons I may succeed four times and fail once so there has to be some random factor.  :ph34r:  
Drauka

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2003, 02:43:59 AM »

Yeah I lost 105 spies to him, lol...

Signature:

I am;
A Labourless Peasant, (Damning, Rambling, Aspiring, Unenlightening, King of Anything)
A Masked Faceless, (Diabolical Reliable Assassin of the Underworld, Knowledgeable in the mimickable Arts.)
A Soldier of Sand, Deplorable and Dutiful. Rugged yet Refined. United, and Undeniable. Austere yet Amendable. Kind, and Kingly. Arduous yet Amiable.
A General of the Fallen Legion, (I led my forces into the Deep, we Ran to Assault the Undefeated Keep. Admirably my men crashed like a wave to a ship. the ground shook with our marching and caused me to slip. I fell and later I began to wake. the ground again began to shake, but this time every one fell... Into the Lord’s precipice of hell, here I am damned to forever fall into the abyss.)
A King of the Fallen Nation, (Death stalks his murky streets. Rats run rampant to their Abundant feasts. The Undead stalk the boarders at night. the King, though fallen, has yet to be defeated in a fight. No nation dares intrude upon the unrelenting king. For they fear the horrors his merciless wrath would bring. People fear to leave his nation, and also to Arrive. But his people are just as relentless and resialiant,  they strive to survive.) “The Nation of Steel Will Never Yield.
An Emperor [span style=\'color:green\']of the Anarchists
, (Dispiteous Reaper of Atrocion, Underestimated Kaiser of Ambition)
A God [span style=\'color:green\']of the Faithless[/span], (Defiance, I will never allow. Reliance, I will never allow. Assurance, I will never give. Understanding, I will never give. Killing I will never explain. Always basking, in paradox.)
I am: The Dead, The Underworld, and Death.
I am... Drauka.
[/span]

-Remorse for there is naught left to remorse for.
-We are the metaphorical whores of a new generaltion.
-Again metaphors that means people sit silent and still.
-Ah, this life is just my chessboard, and you are just my pawn.
-Feel the fucking fire rise, up and above and past your eyes.

Jason H. Fredricks'
Drowzycow

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2003, 02:53:37 AM »

Don't try sabbing a weopon thats not in the guys armoury  <_<
I kinda messed up once, tried sabbing a skin but kept losing men, recon to check wtf was going on turns out it was a dragon  :blink:

So there is something to remember: Make sure you're going after the right item, even if your high level you lose spies :angry:  
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2003, 05:48:18 AM »

you can try to sab something thats not there.....just says your spies can't find any of whatever item in the enemy's armoury.

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

ns33

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2003, 03:36:52 PM »

Its really sad when someone with a level 4 catches my level 9 elf. Sad
master_kamui

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2003, 05:04:27 AM »

Yeah, like when I only had one lvl1 spy and it caught one of lvl6!!!!!
Luck that he was looking that way when the spy tried to infiltrate my camp.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: