BPsite Forums
April 26, 2024, 09:59:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Level 10 covert  (Read 25460 times)
Arantor

View Profile WWW
« on: October 26, 2003, 01:46:12 AM »

Hey.  I've worked long.  I've worked hard.  I've sweated, toiled, and labored.  I now have 48 Excaliburs.  

That's just what is needed to purchase Level 10 covert.

But my question is, "Is it worth it?"  I'm already sabb-immune.  Level 10 would just let me sabotage more people (something that would come in handy), or more weapons of the same people (also something that would come in handy).  But other than that...

I guess I've also wondered what I can do with these 48 Excaliburs anyway.  Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY that has a lot of money, and who I'd like to attack has JUST more than I have in their DA.  It's REALLY getting on my nerves.  I'll sometimes even run a test attack (1 turn), win, repair, and attack again and get walloped (I think they have something in their equations for a)fatigue or b)surprise or c)both)

Anyways, I'm digressing.  *cough*  Should I sell my 48 Excaliburs, or should I keep building up my SA?

Aran Taur
mazarin_hellcat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2003, 01:47:55 AM »

It's worth it, I believe. At least it has paid off for me.
bofor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2003, 01:59:26 AM »

Other than raising you in the rankings I don't think its worth it. I have citadel and level ten as the only upgrades left. I started buying battle axes with the intent of upgrading but all the people I attack are unsabbable and I like having the high SA so no upgrade for now.
Arantor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2003, 02:07:08 AM »

Other than raising you in the rankings I don't think its worth it. I have citadel and level ten as the only upgrades left. I started buying battle axes with the intent of upgrading but all the people I attack are unsabbable and I like having the high SA so no upgrade for now.
Thanks. :-)  One of the reasons I've thought so hard about doing this is that I've found a guy who looks to be an extremely good farm.  He's got well over 1200 men, he's humans, and up until tonight I could take him on.  His TBG is nearly 100,000 every half hour, and the entire day he purchased knives every hour (Ever single time I look at him he had less than 1,000 gold).  His DA jumped a huge amount, and now his DA and my SA are pretty much the same.  He's still sabbable, but close enough to being unsabbable that i can't get many level niners into his base to sabotage his weapons. :-)  I lost 13 spies this evening to him, and wasted 15 attack turns on him (he finally stopped buying those durned things).

I REALLY want to farm this guy, but it'll be hard without higher CA (I really have no good targets at all, despite my 1Mil+SA. and my frequent surfing and refusal to attack anyone with less than 400K), or without higher SA.

To get higher CA, I need to sacrifice my SA.  There's no way I can compete with him as far as weapon purchases go, though.  Should I give him up and try to find other targets? Smiley

EDIT:  See?

first
1 hour ago
29,915 Gold stolen
details

second
1 hour ago
Attack defended
details

Now the idiot has almost 700K and I'm out of attack turns.  Otherwise I'd manage to get that gold, if...grrr Smiley
« Last Edit: October 26, 2003, 02:31:15 AM by Arantor » Logged
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2003, 08:19:55 AM »

He's got well over 1200 men, he's humans, and up until tonight I could take him on.
humans, eh? you tryin to get into TGA? Supposed to only attack orcs less he attacked you first.

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

Arantor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2003, 03:16:18 PM »

humans, eh? you tryin to get into TGA? Supposed to only attack orcs less he attacked you first.
No, I've decided not to join.   There are too many humans, elves, and dwarves out there who have a lot of money.  <_<  (though I still am having problems finding many really good ones Smiley)

Unless you could possibly point my way toward some good orc targets.

And besides, then how could I participate in *Cough*[/color] <_<

« Last Edit: October 27, 2003, 06:08:05 PM by Arantor » Logged
Blood Raider

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2003, 09:33:23 AM »

Well there is only one non orc that i attack, but that is only because this guy blatently cheats in the game so i don't mind using his farm accounts as farms for me too =P  But in answer to the earlier question, YES i believe lvl 10 spies are worth it.  If only the fact they allow you to recon easier rather than waste an attack point (and precious repair costs) for those few extra people you can sabb.  Also you can sab that critically needed 2-3 dragonskins if need be on that potential attack.  I would probably wait on upgrading to lvl 10 spies until i get a nice buffer of skins/flaming arrows before i attack tho.  =)
bofor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2003, 11:29:10 AM »

I'm still not convinced. The number of people who are unsabbable seems to be going up quickly. Now around 3300. As you get a larger army the players your size and larger seem to all fall into that catagory. Your right it is cheaper to waste a spy than a number of mercs. but if the spy gets caught you have to waste the mercs anyways.
Dark_Banana

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2003, 03:02:38 AM »

I would say that in most cases level 10 isn't worth it, but I know that in my case it is, and that those with lots of income invest in it for the glory.
GandalfTheOld

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2003, 06:41:49 PM »

Initially for me, level 10 was necessary because it's between losing 100+ money-making soldiers and losing a few million-worth of dragonskins for sab-immune CA.
I'd rather discard dragonskins than soldiers.

Those people that already have sab-immune CA have far less of a pressing need for spylevel 10. (and the only two valid remaining reasons are: higher CA ranking; better sabbing abilities)

koc name:Maaya
Drowzycow

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2003, 07:57:12 PM »

Level 10 is pretty difficult to get in my opinion ~48 skins worth to sell is too steep.
I need a few more men to be immune, men that i should get from unit production but seem to get them every other day
 :angry: Am I the only one who doesn't seem to recieve ther unit production men everyday at the same time?
ns33

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2003, 09:57:27 PM »

Initially for me, level 10 was necessary because it's between losing 100+ money-making soldiers and losing a few million-worth of dragonskins for sab-immune CA.
I'd rather discard dragonskins than soldiers.

Those people that already have sab-immune CA have far less of a pressing need for spylevel 10. (and the only two valid remaining reasons are: higher CA ranking; better sabbing abilities)
Right. If you got plenty of soldiers, number of spies isnt really an issue. But when youre small, each soldier amounts to something (around 72k per soldier now until the end of age).
Thamior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2003, 01:11:46 AM »

I was considering upgrading to level 10 spies just for the sake of having all upgrades, but I'm already sab immune so I probably won't.

I'm gonna hang out with my wang out and rock out with my cock out!
Perdition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2003, 05:44:45 PM »

just wonderinghere but if your not joining TGA and you arn't alreadyta member than what are you doin here?
opperdude

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2003, 06:06:22 PM »

who are you talking to? if u mean Thamior... look at his group, it says TGA members...

'Joost, like juice but better' ~fire

happy now?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: