BPsite Forums
April 25, 2024, 09:39:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Repair  (Read 11126 times)
Blood Raider

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2003, 06:21:54 PM »

Do ya'll think repairing is too expensive? Small leveled people like me have no problem repairing items, but bigger people with DA or SA in the millions probably have to dish out 10-20k per point to repair thier stuff, do you think this is prohibitive.  To me  I think it is, if it wasn't, there wouldn't be so many feeler accounts out there...
_afo_afo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2003, 06:35:55 PM »

Big people like me just make use of the rounding error. I buy 1 dragonskin a turn because for each time you buy something it heals you by 1 hitpoint. Without this it wouldn't be possible to fix everything.

bofor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 12:43:36 PM »

While playing the beta I got to the point of roughly 27,000 for each repair point. I thought it was still worth repairing but you had to be very selective in who you attacked because the cost of repair could be higher than the amount of gold you stole.
MythoS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2003, 12:45:29 PM »

About repairing...1 question,what affects how much damage your weapons will take???
Is there any way to predict the exact damage???

Many orcs n goblins........
Out in the sun................
There came the elves....
And now there is none...
sirjohn13

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2003, 01:33:28 PM »

1) Affected by the opponent's DA.
2)I think there is a random factor included as well.

3)bofor, u know that when u buy a weapon of a specific category, the rest of this category are repaird by 1pt. I rarely have to pay for repairs.

Proud member of

..::We have no beginning.. ..we have no end.. ..we are InfInItE::..
bofor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2003, 05:28:52 PM »

Actually it had eluded me until recently when diskreet pointed it out to me. But hay I never said I was a brain surgeon. However I've had weapon strength drop by as many as 15 points in one attack and I don't generate enough TBG to counter that  (by buying new weapons) in a short period of time.  :hehe:  
Dark_Banana

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2003, 06:07:59 PM »

I would have to agree that repairs can be really expensive!  I understand that it acts as a counter to thoses with massive amounts of guys, but it can be very limiting to those who don't make hundreds of thousands of gold per turn and still possess a decent armoury.  At least its realistic though.
sirjohn13

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2003, 08:22:16 PM »

In this case, u can use another trick. Instead of battle axes/flaming arrows/excaliburs, purchase cheaper weapons (160 or 640 ones), which, although it costs more gold to have the same results u had with the 2560 weapons, are cheap enoguh to be able to buy as many as needed to repair them. So no repair cost for small armies this way. I think this balances the loss from not buying 2560 weapons....And always remember, if u have to repair more than 1pt, purchase weapons 1 by 1.

Yes! 300 posts reached! I am now a   Cheesy Veteran Cheesy !!![/b]
« Last Edit: October 21, 2003, 08:26:06 PM by sirjohn13 » Logged

Proud member of

..::We have no beginning.. ..we have no end.. ..we are InfInItE::..
Goryous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2003, 11:10:50 PM »

There is a a major problem though with buying weak~cheaper weapons.....they just arnt a good deal concerning gold vs performance. Sure, you can repair the weaker weapons easy but they still will cost you more to get anywhere near the same performance as the 2560 point items.
diskreet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2003, 12:58:36 AM »

my goodness man.. your avi is going to send some poor epileptic (sp?) person to the hospital.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2003, 12:58:46 AM by diskreet » Logged

might upon might.
strength upon strength.
Dark_Banana

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2003, 01:01:29 AM »

While you can repair weapons much easier with weaker supplies, they also get a lot less value for your gold i.e. Flaming Arrows are 3 times more expensive than Steeds, but are 4 times more powerful.
Arantor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2003, 04:32:24 PM »

Without upgrades:

Code:
Weapon      Cost               Gold/SA    
5                1000               40                  
10              1800               36                  
20              3200               32                
40              5100               25.5              
160           16400              20.5                
640           52400             16.375                
2560        167800             13.109                

I'd never buy anything less than the 640 (Steed, if you're humans).  It's a tremendous waste of gold.
Lyban

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2003, 11:50:55 PM »

I agree Arantor, I generally won't purchase anything below the 640 level unless I know it will be a while before I can log in again and I want to drain all my gold. I've found the purchase method a dream in terms of money saved on repairs.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant" - Allied Pilots (WWII)

TheNerfee

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2003, 01:07:09 AM »

Cool table  Smiley

Never really knew that but I always figured that 2560 weapons (yay for battle axes!) were worth it more than several knives...Anyways, I really don't buy anything less than dragonskins and battleaxes...I'm sort of obsessive in that I only want 1 type of weapon...the best kind  :hmmm:

Anywho, i haven't had to repair anything yet...the only things at 0 are my 1 knife and 1 hatchet that I bought before...and I don't know how much better they would be if repaired.

What exactly happens to weapons when the get to 0?
Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2003, 03:33:11 AM »

You can scrap them for 0 gold, or repair them halfway and sell them, or just repair and use them again.  Wink  

- I'm scissors.  Nerf rock.  Paper's fine.

-It's not the mind control that kills people; it's the fall damage.

-Que sera, sera.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: