BPsite Forums
April 25, 2024, 05:20:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupid Idiotic Hackers!!!  (Read 14984 times)
Saladin

View Profile WWW
« on: October 19, 2003, 03:06:58 PM »

I wuz hacked late last night and my CA and DA. I had to change my password. My friend Karl(dryholla) wuz completely hacked and his ranking dropped from 2000 to 70,000. He knows he wuz hacked because when he logged in all of his stuff wuz gone and when he checked his defence logs, it said no weapons were sabotaged. I checked the same for me and no weapons were sabotaged when i defended

I have become Death; destroyer of worlds.
--J. Robert Oppenheimer upon witnessing the explosion of the first atomic bomb
[/font]
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
[/font]
sirjohn13

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2003, 03:10:54 PM »

Some KoC players with expert knowledge on Internet and Programming, use their hacking abilities wither to take revenge or to win the game. ^&%#^%$&:angry:#*^&$ :angry: ^%#%:angry:^$^&$^&:angry:%#&$^% cheaters.

The commander of the commander of my commander (LOL:P) was hacked in the begginging of Age2 (his account was reseted) beause he had reached ranekd 40. In the end Age1 Valafar's (the Relentless guy) account had been hacked. You are not the first.

Proud member of

..::We have no beginning.. ..we have no end.. ..we are InfInItE::..
crazyboi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2003, 03:41:40 PM »

why him and not orc00  Cheesy  
sirjohn13

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2003, 03:54:06 PM »

1) orc00 did not exist in Age1
2) To hack somebody he must leave himself a bit undefended.........u know allowed mayn data transfers, having al cookies enabled, etc....

Proud member of

Rug

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2003, 04:03:03 PM »

1) orc00 did not exist in Age1
2) To hack somebody he must leave himself a bit undefended.........u know allowed mayn data transfers, having al cookies enabled, etc....
1) Uh... Yes... yes he did. Check your facts.
2) Not strictly true, but mostly.
TheNerfee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2003, 07:08:24 PM »

Ouch, that's pretty lame  Sad .  Is there anything the developers of KoC can do?
_afo_afo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2003, 07:11:02 PM »

/me asks if your password was something that you could find the the dictionary
or something else easy. Not making fun just if you have a bad password your chances of being hacked increase a lot. I'd personally be intrested in knowing the password you previously used. Assuming it's not a risk for you like it being a password that was using for other things. Just to know what kinda of passwords are being hacked so others can avoid this happening to them.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2003, 07:15:14 PM by _afo_afo » Logged

Arkanor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2003, 09:35:03 PM »

I was wondering the same thing.  If your password is an actual word, commonly found in dictionaries, then someone could rig a program to try logging into your account with random words.  Eventually, they'd log on.  

Being a good example is hard.  I’m trying to serve as a horrible warning instead.
Psygod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2003, 09:47:20 PM »

of course orc00 existed in AGE 1... eve is his officer (:

Armageddon is near!
Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2003, 11:20:57 PM »

I was wondering the same thing.  If your password is an actual word, commonly found in dictionaries, then someone could rig a program to try logging into your account with random words.  Eventually, they'd log on.
How long would that take, though?  :miffed:  

- I'm scissors.  Nerf rock.  Paper's fine.

-It's not the mind control that kills people; it's the fall damage.

-Que sera, sera.
_afo_afo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2003, 03:25:27 AM »

One guy on noo public board that got hacked said his password was "his full initials" Sounds like he used a 2 or 3 letter password?  :huh:  

PrinceofFear

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2003, 03:39:19 AM »

How long would that take, though?
Depends on the program.  More advanced it is, the faster.  And hackers are usually the most patient so they could wait for days.  and using alphanumeric (numbers and letters) passwords are ususally the best.  I was hacked many times in age1, and was fortunate enough only to have money lost
Blood Raider

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2003, 05:16:29 PM »

Could be those database errors... I sabbed this one guy for taking one of my little buddies for 200k (I only sabbed 2 skins) and had the logs still to prove it, but for some reason there was no record of his skins being lost (yes he was attacked).  He and I corresponded back and forth trying to figure out what exactly happened since he didn't have a record of it, yet i did.
sirjohn13

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2003, 06:17:00 PM »

One guy on noo public board that got hacked said his password was "his full initials" Sounds like he used a 2 or 3 letter password?  :huh:
Well, there is a restriction that the password u choose must be at least 4 characters long.

And I think the hackers have other ways of finding your pass, than using a program that tries countless passwords.

Proud member of

Saladin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2003, 10:11:51 PM »

that wuz dryholla. i know his full intials and it is 5 letters. (he has a looong middle name)

I have become Death; destroyer of worlds.
--J. Robert Oppenheimer upon witnessing the explosion of the first atomic bomb
[/font]
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
[/font]
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: