BPsite Forums
May 04, 2024, 09:58:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deus Ex 2  (Read 6120 times)
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: November 22, 2003, 04:53:48 PM »

Okay, so the demo for the sequel to one of the best games ever is now available.

I'm currently downloading from fileplanet at ~53KB/sec, which isn't a bad speed, though it could be faster. :mellow:
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/130000/133479.shtml

Has anyone here has already played it, and if so what do you think?

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2003, 05:06:23 PM »

Been there, done that, still trying to pick my jaw up off the table.

Its going to own... going to own... oh yes... going to own...
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2003, 05:11:33 PM »

Heh.

Just looked at the system requirements:

CPU: 1,2 Ghz
RAM: 256 MB
Graphics Card: 32 MB, Geforce 3 or better
Geforce-4-MX-cards NOT possible
HDD-space: 2 GB

Well I've got 512MB of RAM, a 128MB Geforce FX, and 50GB of free HDD space.
Oh, and a Duron 600. :paranoid:

Bah! I don't care if they claim my CPU is half the minimum speed - it's going to frigging run that demo and run it well! Tongue

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2003, 05:19:32 PM »

Its going to lag like a tired, sexed-up whore and you know it.
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2003, 06:03:45 PM »

Geforce-4-MX-cards NOT possible
Doesnt look like im going to be getting it then.

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2003, 06:53:03 PM »

Downloading the demo now.... running it on 1.7ghz, 512 ddr400, radeon 9800 pro 128, with a gb drive( in the mail, im guessing about 15 gb will be used at the start, though itll fill up fast)

cant wait to try it out, its gonna be awesome, look beautiful..... *drools*

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2003, 08:36:29 PM »

Heh, so I've just played it.

It ran fine, although was a little sluggish - I'm hoping this is because I'm over half a million hertz short and not due to the consolisation of it, which I might add is very obvious and disappointing. If the full game is like that I'll be campaigning for a PC patch to make things sleeker and sharper, closer to the original style. Gameplay wise, seemed a little constricted, but then it is only a demo I suppose.
Good points are that the Deus Ex atmosphere still seems to be there, the world seems relatively realistic - places actually look like what they are supposed to be - and the characters appear far more human than they did before. The shadow stuff is promising though the demo didn't have any great examples of that.

Overall, I'm a little disheartened that they didn't create a seperate X-Box version and keep the PC one 'pure', but I'm still hopeful and looking forward to it.

FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2003, 05:54:02 PM »

im checking it out now. I'm running smoothly at 1024x768, so I think its probably your processor, SS. The graphics aren't too bad, though not as good as I expected. The people definitely look better, and the ragdoll effects work very nicely.  Looking around, I already see numerous ways to complete your tasks, which was one of the great things about Deus Ex. You can do things however you want.
I'm having problems with the sound though--not all of the sound plays, and I hear a lot of blips. the music is fine, its only speech, weapons, and other effects that don't work. I also noticed there's no options to select your speaker setup, whether you have EAX, etc, which is something I'd like to see. I've also been having problems with the controls--namely, when you hit new game, they remap themselves back to the default. I'm hoping that most of these features and more will be added/improved upon for the full version of the game. Either way, however, I'm definitely buying this the day it comes out.

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2003, 07:41:41 PM »

My idea of smooth differs vastly from what most people consider smooth, but yeah, still might be the CPU. Hopefully.

ns33

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2003, 09:40:22 PM »

Had to tone down some graphic displays. Sad I was getting really crappy FPS. Its like JK3 all over again... although I definately need to upgrade my RAM. 1 GB? 1.5 GB??
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2003, 05:44:16 AM »

is there a way to show the framerate? ~ doesnt do it anymore. but ss, its not choppy in the least. not even just once in a while. i think i should up the resolution. *goes to try*

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: