BPsite Forums
May 18, 2024, 12:09:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Stoopid!!  (Read 12743 times)
Lyban

View Profile WWW
« on: November 06, 2003, 11:00:36 PM »

I don't know about the rest of you, but in the last couple of days I've seen some pretty bad moves. First of all, one of my officers used 1 attack turn to feel a guy out, but it was defended so they left him alone. This guy had 233 soldiers, while my officer had 8. He turned around and launched 15 attack turns at my officer, which were defended!!  Tongue

You'd think that he would have learned something from that, but no, he bought some more knives and launched another attack (15 turns), and won 800 gold pieces...My officer was starting to get annoyed by this for the simple fact that the repairs were costing more than they could afford from TBG, so I sent him a 'Back off' message which was to the point but fair. This morning I logged in to find that he'd gone to his commander (who is ranked abt 480 or something) and asked him to get me. It didn't work...  Cheesy .

I'd love to think that this is a one-off act of stupidity on the part of a newbie, but it almost seems that there is an overall increase in mental ineptitude of players in KOC. As I look back through my attack logs, I see more and more attacks by people who have no place attacking me. They get slaughtered and lose a few soldiers and then I never hear from them again. I could understand it if they used only 1 attack turn, but to lose 15??

Is it just me?? Has anybody else encountered this??  :blink:  

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant" - Allied Pilots (WWII)

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2003, 02:03:48 AM »

The whole world is stupid.

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Saladin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2003, 02:35:04 AM »

the epithet of all mankind should be "people are stupid" no actually it should be "people are ignorant"

I have become Death; destroyer of worlds.
--J. Robert Oppenheimer upon witnessing the explosion of the first atomic bomb
[/font]
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
[/font]
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2003, 02:46:12 AM »

Hows about "people are stupid ignorant fools"? Tongue

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Thamior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2003, 04:52:12 AM »

I like stupid better.  Where I'm from ignorant is a VERY STRONG word.  Stupid implies that people are dumb and make bad decisions.  Ignorant is used more for someone who was raised uneducated and does hateful things because they don't know any better, like a racist.

I'm gonna hang out with my wang out and rock out with my cock out!
Lyban

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2003, 04:58:08 AM »

Hmmm, so it sounds like maybe ignorant was the word that I should have used in this case...

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant" - Allied Pilots (WWII)

Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2003, 05:26:00 AM »

A few days ago, one guy dealt me 2k attack damage, while I hade at least 400k counterattack damage.  Since he was ranked link 40,000, it just doesn't make sense!  LOL  

- I'm scissors.  Nerf rock.  Paper's fine.

-It's not the mind control that kills people; it's the fall damage.

-Que sera, sera.
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2003, 05:43:55 AM »

I've also seen alot of people in my attack log that like you said, "have no place in attacking me".  if very strange, and perhaps the mantality of the people playing KOC has gone down due to the lack of inforcement in the rules.  

*was here
Saladin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2003, 05:18:29 PM »

I like stupid better.  Where I'm from ignorant is a VERY STRONG word.  Stupid implies that people are dumb and make bad decisions.  Ignorant is used more for someone who was raised uneducated and does hateful things because they don't know any better, like a racist.
well most people are like that anyway. btw smi, u should change ur avi back to its orginal size

I have become Death; destroyer of worlds.
--J. Robert Oppenheimer upon witnessing the explosion of the first atomic bomb
[/font]
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
[/font]
Lyban

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2003, 11:55:47 PM »

I've also seen alot of people in my attack log that like you said, "have no place in attacking me".  if very strange, and perhaps the mantality of the people playing KOC has gone down due to the lack of inforcement in the rules.
Here's another case in point...

I'm currently ranked abt 5k, and I logged in this morning and found that some guy who was ranked abt 12k had sent 8 spies in on a sab mission...no recon first, nothing. 8 Spies. He didn't even try to attack me afterwards.

I wasn't aware that spies are cheap enough to triain now that people can afford to throw them away like that.

Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2003, 01:50:30 AM »

People keep reconing me, then when they fail, they attack with 15 turns.  Hmmm...  <_<  

-Que sera, sera.
bofor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2003, 01:50:58 AM »

they probably decided (incorrectly I assume) that with your CA high enough to catch their spies your DA couldn't be that high.
Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2003, 01:53:56 AM »

I always assume that if they have a high enough CA, that means they're really good, and a sure defeat for me (plus I can't sab any of their weapons to bring them down to a manageable level).  :rolleyes:  

-Que sera, sera.
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2003, 05:00:20 AM »

that's nice of you to give them that much creadit Bofor
but that logic simply fails (for the attacker, not you) when you get into the three digit rankings

*was here
Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2003, 06:23:06 AM »

I doubt many of us have to worry about that...  Tongue  

-Que sera, sera.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: