BPsite Forums
May 03, 2024, 08:40:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: arggh at cheaters.  (Read 11351 times)
_afo_afo

View Profile WWW
« on: September 14, 2003, 11:26:42 PM »

My commander disapeared a few minutes ago. I went nuts and told him. He signs on and gets
"You have been suspended for using outwarbuilder.com. Your account will be re-enabled in 9 days, 23 hours, 58 minutes and 49 seconds. "
Thing is he didn't use that. So someone else set him up.  Sad
« Last Edit: September 14, 2003, 11:27:49 PM by _afo_afo » Logged

Carenevaelvdelity

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2003, 11:44:39 PM »

What is that Outwar thing?

Do not go where the path may lead, instead venture off the path and leave a trial.[/size][/font]

When it hurts to look back, and you are afriad to look ahead, look beside you and I will be there.[/font]
_afo_afo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2003, 11:46:39 PM »

Some cheating program that automatically is supposed to click links and receive them with no work from the user.

[nsdap]

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2003, 11:50:19 PM »

there are some really problems with KOC , good friend of me had the same problem today , I think he dont even now what that program is :s
Carenevaelvdelity

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2003, 11:55:19 PM »

Did any one report it to the people organizing KOC? Someone should definetly do that!

Do not go where the path may lead, instead venture off the path and leave a trial.[/size][/font]

When it hurts to look back, and you are afriad to look ahead, look beside you and I will be there.[/font]
[nsdap]

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2003, 12:02:48 AM »

yeah he'll report it, but what can they do about that? re-activate the account.. but the KOC admins cant see the difference between cheaters and people that are set up .. or am I wrong Sad
people using that outwar thing are sick , people who make those things : even more
[nsdap]

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2003, 12:05:55 AM »

We would like to remind all players that using any sort of program, script, or automated process for clicking links is considered a violation of the Kings of Chaos rules. Yesterday and today 153 players received 10 day suspensions from Kings of Chaos for using such a system. Remember, YOU are responsible for your link. Take care when distributing it, and make sure parties you give it to understand how to treat it

sad to hear that Sad , stupid cheaters  :angry: that probably was an orc , those are evil beasts
 :orcdie:  :orcdie:  :orcdie:  :orcdie:  :orcdie:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2003, 12:06:51 AM by [nsdap] » Logged
_afo_afo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2003, 12:33:52 AM »

Seems like it's happening to lots of people.
http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.ph...&threadid=29659
 <_< And this is only one example thread out of the many I found.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2003, 12:45:55 AM by _afo_afo » Logged

captain_physics

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2003, 07:54:16 PM »

Outwar builder was made for outwar, where it is LEGAL to have an auto clicker type thing. I guess some people that play both thought it was legal for KoC
Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2003, 09:44:50 PM »

Or the admins are going after the wrong guys...  <_<  

- I'm scissors.  Nerf rock.  Paper's fine.

-It's not the mind control that kills people; it's the fall damage.

-Que sera, sera.
Thamior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2003, 01:01:27 AM »

I just realized today that I can click on my own link every 24 hours for an extra soldier.  God am I dumb!  :unsure:   Well, it's not that much of a crime since I've only been playing for about 4 days.  But still!  That could have been three extra men for me!  :blink:  

I'm gonna hang out with my wang out and rock out with my cock out!
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2003, 05:16:20 PM »

It’s very strange, for some reason I can click on my link whenever my connection dies.  Having a dial-up and all, it happens.  But it's not worth my while; it takes sooo long to connect back up... I would have thought there’s be a little more protection in stopping people from doing it…

*was here
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2003, 05:54:24 PM »

its cause on dial up, you dont have a static ip. it changes every time you reconnect. the only odd thing is cookies should be stopping you, you must have somethin set wrong. o well, i wouldnt complain  Smiley  

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

Lord Lanair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2003, 09:18:42 PM »

Yeah, take advantage of that!  And while you're at it, get accepted into TGA.  Then you can continually reclick all of our links!  LOL  

- I'm scissors.  Nerf rock.  Paper's fine.

-It's not the mind control that kills people; it's the fall damage.

-Que sera, sera.
smi256

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2003, 10:37:52 PM »

Hehehe, I found out how it works.  
First – your right Frag, I knew my IP was changing every time I re-log on, and that had to be part of it.
Second – the cookies have to be cleared because that keeps track you when you last made the click
Third and last – the matching of the picture and clicking the correct button, that’s once you load the page the picture gets put in your temp internet folder, so when you go back to that page you see the old picture instead of the new correct one.

My computer is set up to clear out cookies and temp internet files every time internet explorer is closed.  I don’t really want to be cheating so don’t expect me to take explicit use of this  ::wink wink::.  That and I’m always trying the DL from Kazaa (yes, it takes a long time with dial-up)

I am new here, so could you tell me where the list of links are.  that and if you see me on mIRC, I have no idea how to use it yet.  so be kind...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2003, 10:43:58 PM by smi256 » Logged

*was here
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: