BPsite Forums
May 26, 2024, 07:50:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Halo  (Read 7238 times)
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« on: January 13, 2004, 10:56:27 PM »

'nuff said. if u dont like halo, please stay clear, as this is for those of us who like it. here, feel free to discuss anything. par example, favorite level/weapon/enemy/cinematic, tactics, or just how much fun the game is. ill check back later, but right now ive gotta go play halo.
ps. also, any new info that comes out about halo2 can be posted if u want.

HaHa. This post cost SS .5 cents! So Sayeth the Evilknight.
Hmmm. The court will take a 15 minute recess to fix the judicial...bench...thingy. ~Ethan
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 11:11:35 PM »

Halo. Amazing game. Way too short.

Fave level... mmm... Either the first level on the Pillar of Autumn, or just after you touch down on Halo... may have been the coolness of the game washing over me, but I remember the earlier bits (particularly pre-flood) as being much better.

Worst bit; In the fishing archives. Following the Monitor around and blasting endless flood gets boring after 15 corridors, and it goes on a lot longer.

Fave weapon? Assault rifle. Anywhere, anytime.

Tactics? Who're you fighting? Grenade and Rifle combo is the way to go in most situations.

Enemy... the little Covenenant guys. Gotta love anyone who dies in 3 shots.
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2004, 11:27:01 PM »

Halo... I don't know if I like it or not. It doesn't seem original enough for my liking. Everything is just yanked away from other games, particularly Half-Life & Aliens mostly, though Serious Sam and UT2003/4 were also constantly in my mind. he vehicle controls were annoying. I'm not sure if they did proper controls with the PC version (haven't played it), but the X-box system of "point the arrow where you want, and the vehicle tries to go there" is crap. Weapons annoyed me too, you've got pistol and pulse pistol, assault rifle and pulse rifle; why? There just doesn't seem to be enough variation there. Yeah, there's also the shotgun, sniper (reminded me too much of a UT shock rifle), rpg (looked odd; in a bad way), and that spikey thing which I can't remember much about, but (apart from the spikey thing) that's just all regular crap. No special stuff, and just very set-roles for the regular stuff. Level-wise, they were relatively open, allowing you to go where you like and not just forcing you down a single path, however they were linear by the fact that there was a single path which you had to take, and that became evident every time we got lost and had to search for the way onwards. Even when the targetting devices give you a destination, having an arrow pointing through a wall with no entrances is hardly very helpful.
However, despite all that, the game was enjoyable enough, and I wouldn't turn down a free copy (if only to see what proper multiplayer with a decent set of controls is like).

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2004, 03:29:45 AM »

i just remembered that i forgot to put down the stuff i liked.
fav lvl: blood gulch (multiplayer)
fav weapon: as a sniper, i like the combo of the sniper rifle and either the rail gun or the shot gun
fav enemy: hunters. cause they go down way too easy.

Hmmm. The court will take a 15 minute recess to fix the judicial...bench...thingy. ~Ethan
opperdude

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2004, 07:04:17 PM »

ehm i don't have halo, but i played it with 4 people against each other on Xbox at a friends of mine and it was awsome! we took the smallest lvl (with 2 buildings u can run around, a river and thats about all there is) and did rocketlaunchers only, thats clearly the best way to play it, just run around as fool and press the 'fire' button as soon as u think u see sumthing moving (or u see on the others screen that he might be near)
also that's like the only way i can win from this friend of mine Tongue i am not that much of a gamer

'Joost, like juice but better' ~fire

happy now?
KILLUMALL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2004, 03:30:16 AM »

Hmmm halo its okay but i cant wait for halo two i got soem updates from x box magazine if anybody wanna know just tell me
fav vehicle: warthog definatly (I wanna be the gunner!)
Fav weapon: the big Covenent Gun that doesnt have ammo but a battery
fav level so far: Halo ( i at the part after you unleash the Little demon things LOL)
Things i hate about it: trying to take down a hunter with a pistle (ive tried it aint fun)
 hmm thats it also ive read one of the books usually thier cheesy but ive found that actually they are pretty good

Rowdy, outsiders of loony insubordinent disease.....R.O.O.L.I.D. (hells yeah)
my quote: The greatest trick the devil ever did pull was making the world believe he wasnt real

*Shimmies down the hall....falls out of the house....*
Official owner of:
Carpet Spamming,Not only do I not know the answer, I Dont even know what the question is...Im a freak of society in a society of Freaks
mastachief

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2004, 07:12:38 AM »

i love Halo (look at my name.....) ha

fave level:5
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2004, 05:47:25 PM »

uhh, is that the one on the island or assault on the control room?

mastachief

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2004, 11:14:27 PM »

yea thats the level it has alot of vechicles and cool layout
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2004, 11:22:09 PM »

Bleh.. vehicles are over-rated, imho.
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2004, 12:37:39 AM »

'sept for the banshee's. while the computer sux at using them. in a lot of multiplayer lvls, if u can get in and steal the other teams banshee's and use ur's with them, u usually end up winning, mainly cause the banshee's can keep the other team pinned in their base, and they can time deaths of the other team with when one of their team members runs in for the flag

evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2004, 04:20:18 AM »

bumped, in case anyone new has anything to say

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2004, 01:50:46 PM »

UT2004 pisses over Halo.

Tongue

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Everous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2004, 07:57:42 PM »

preach on bruva!  Cheesy  
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2004, 09:58:50 PM »

halo 2 will pwn the living shit out of every game ever made....except pong.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: