BPsite Forums
May 06, 2024, 12:28:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Counter-Strike  (Read 13756 times)
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2004, 12:22:04 AM »

They really need to sort its lag problems. :/

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
Arkanor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2004, 01:13:39 AM »

Who else here hates friendly fire?  Almost every single time it's on, I hose some guy down in a confined space, stop firing to lure him out, line up a head shot, and then my own team grenades me.  

Or, I'm guarding something, crouched down, and a newbie runs up and emptys his clip into me because I have a weapon from the other team.  

Being a good example is hard.  I’m trying to serve as a horrible warning instead.
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2004, 01:21:36 AM »

I'm ussually the one doing the friendly fire  LOL  
Daimao

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2004, 10:25:52 PM »

They really need to sort its lag problems. :/
lag comes from the servers,not from steam

.:: Lemming Ball Z : DBZ style fighting game with lemmings ::.

.:: Daimao.be : Daimao's Personal Website ::.

.:: Daimao's Daily Comics : Various daily comics ::.

*There's no time to discriminate , Hate every mothafuc|{a that's in your way*

*Let's call it Surprise Sex , Rape is such a harsh word*

*Raised to be stupid - Taught to be nothing at all*

*I don't like the drugs - But the drugs like me*
Arkanor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2004, 05:48:05 AM »

Yep.  Although if your computer is a piece or junk and/or has a slow internet connection, you'll get horrible lag too.  

Being a good example is hard.  I’m trying to serve as a horrible warning instead.
Guest:SS
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2004, 02:20:45 PM »

lag comes from the servers,not from steam
Lag can come from any of three places:
1 - the server machine not being able to cope with the load.
2 - the connection between oneself and the server not passing packets quickly enough.
3 - one's own machine not being able to receive & understand packets quickly enough.
All three of resulting from either inefficient technology (not enough CPU/RAM, or bandwidth), or over-used technology (too many players/users).

But I'm guessing mole probably means the amount of time it takes to sign-in to Steam/etc.
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2004, 06:35:46 PM »

Lag can come from any of three places:
1 - the server machine not being able to cope with the load.
2 - the connection between oneself and the server not passing packets quickly enough.
3 - one's own machine not being able to receive & understand packets quickly enough.
All three of resulting from either inefficient technology (not enough CPU/RAM, or bandwidth), or over-used technology (too many players/users).

But I'm guessing mole probably means the amount of time it takes to sign-in to Steam/etc.
He means "the" lag, not any lag...

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
Guest:SS
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2004, 06:51:55 PM »

:miffed: But the lag depends on the specific case, and in most cases it is caused by the latter two rather than the first one. (I haven't done a scientific study to prove that Tongue)
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2004, 10:59:02 PM »

As it had just come out, people were using listen servers or setting up dedicated on home PCs, this meant that pings were over 300 on most servers.
Now there are some dedicated ones around, which have much better pings.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: