BPsite Forums
May 03, 2024, 01:52:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Cassandra Project (Part1)  (Read 4918 times)
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: July 08, 2003, 08:54:26 PM »

Possibly the best DX mod ever has been released... or at least part 1 has been released.
I've only had time to have a quick look at it, but it definitely seems impressive.

For it to run you need the latest multiplayer patch, which I've hosted, along with TCP setup, here, or you can try the official website which has four mirrors of the main setup file (but no DX patch... Afaik the only other place hosting the patch is Fileplanet, which -- as we all know -- sucks.)

Anyhow, please avoid posting spoilers on here (you can visit the official forums for that) but feel free to discuss any non-spoiler stuff about it here. Smiley

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2003, 09:40:03 PM »

He he, Played it... finished it... damned good Smiley
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2003, 01:26:51 AM »

I gotta get it.....I love DX. Speaking of which, is DX2 out yet? Has anyone tried it? I cant wait to get my hands on it.....

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2003, 11:22:54 AM »

Deus Ex 2 is not out yet, so you will not be able to find it.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Rug

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2003, 01:02:02 PM »

Hotly tipped to be out at the same time as Half Life 2 though... battle of the mega-games part 2!
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2003, 05:31:07 PM »

DX2 has not been hyped anywhere as near as much as HL2, which means it will fail again, and HL will win again, despite DX being clearly a better game. Although to be fair, HL2 might actually be a worthy contender this time, if they get actual real AI this time, instead of the crap pseudo-AI that the first one had. :hmmm:

Rug

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2003, 05:32:20 PM »

I wanna run in a circle shooting at the walls!

[/HL_AI]

I actually got one of the Blue Shift guards to do that :/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: