BPsite Forums
May 13, 2024, 01:47:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Prescription Drugs  (Read 12731 times)
Filran

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2004, 04:43:01 PM »

You know what sucks? I went to a doctor yesterday. I was diagnosed as having Social Anxiety Disorder, and depression. I now currently have two prescriptions, and then a third one I'm supposed to pick up in two to three months. In two weeks, I have to go in for blood work for them to make sure its not something else with me causing my problems. The two prescriptions are gunna be a pain. One is one pill a day, thats Lexapro. The other is three pills a day, and I forgot what its called. Four pills a day goddamnit. I took my first Lexapro this morning, and it left me tired, and nauscius.  I still am. Perhaps I've got a fever again. I've also been told I'll need to see a counsilor, then a psyciatrist to make sure that the doctor made the right choice in prescribing these drugs. Mainly because these drugs are meant for adults, and I'm not even 16 yet. Otherwise, I was told I was damn healthy; c'ept for a 99.2 temperature I was sporting.

Gugh. I hate drugs of any kind.3.

Too hot to handle, too cold to hold.

Member of TGA for five years! Joined Feb 1st, 2003
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 05:03:10 PM »

Bah, tell them to piss off with their silly pills that cause more problems than they fix - if they even do fix anything.

Social anxiety & depression = being a teenager.

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 05:06:01 PM »

ill sign to that one, seems when im on my own i have some serious personality problem, i.e. now but its infrequent. if air could be smited, id have a haze around me right now

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
Filran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 06:52:57 PM »

Actually, the Social Anxiety has been with me ever since I was 5, so its not because I'm a teenager. Also, I'm not faux-depressed like most teenagers pretend to be for attention. I was mainly posting this because I wouldn't want anyone to worry if for some reason I started acting different.

mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 06:55:15 PM »

that would be blamed on hormones too. whens your psychiatrist meeting?

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
Filran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2004, 07:10:13 PM »

In a few months.

But for social anxiety being something with all teenagers, do you know any teenagers that can't buy movies, or other shit, even if they want to and can? And do they need to have someone else go up to the register while the teen ducks under some stands and shelves to not be seen, then bolts to the other side of the store or area? I can only manage to go to the counter at EBs now, and it's been 6 years since I started shoping there. I still can't buy things there by myself because I'm afraid, scared, nervous, and many, many other things.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 07:10:26 PM by Filran » Logged

mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2004, 07:24:49 PM »

if my parents are around ill get the to do it, i have somthing about social interaction, but not like that. quite frankly i work better when im left to my own devices and theres no one else around.

Im not sure if i should feel sorry towards you or intrueged

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2004, 08:12:44 PM »

But for social anxiety being something with all teenagers, do you know any teenagers that can't buy movies, or other shit, even if they want to and can? And do they need to have someone else go up to the register while the teen ducks under some stands and shelves to not be seen, then bolts to the other side of the store or area? I can only manage to go to the counter at EBs now, and it's been 6 years since I started shoping there. I still can't buy things there by myself because I'm afraid, scared, nervous, and many, many other things.
Well I am/was a little like that, but not that extreme.

I dunno if I'd call that anxiety or something else though.

I do think drugs wont help it though. The brain is too complex for man-made things to be able to fix it properly.

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
Uber Peasant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2004, 10:23:20 PM »

well you have friends here, and im sure you wouldnt be depressed if we had more topics  Tongue  

RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2004, 11:22:16 PM »

Sounds like your just very shy, you dont need drugs for bloody shyness...

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
underruler

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2004, 01:24:52 AM »

Fil you don't need to socialize with the outside world.  You get enough of that here Smiley

I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and and bananas.

http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/hugs.cgi?&HUG...hug=luvr_bunnie

[img]http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/count_hugs.cgi?hug=luv
Perdition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2004, 01:41:48 AM »

Well they really dont know how to help you so they just throw pills at you.  I should so become a doctor.  i'm getting good at throwing pills at people Tongue
"hmm I dont know what I should do about ____"  
"take some advil"
"Its so hot in here"
"there are some antidepressants in the cuboard"
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 01:47:18 AM by Firefairy_8 » Logged
Saladin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2004, 02:18:37 AM »

I'm not comfortable in social situations but i don't know if its Social Anxiety Disorder...

I have become Death; destroyer of worlds.
--J. Robert Oppenheimer upon witnessing the explosion of the first atomic bomb
[/font]
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
[/font]
Filran

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2004, 02:28:46 AM »

Yeah, but still, I'd rather have people see I'm trying to fix things rather than sitting and doing nothing. Now, I must pose you a question.

I've missed so many days of school I'm behing held back to repeat my sophomore year, and I'm not getting any credits. Should I go to school for the rest of the year knowing this? Or say: I'm getting nothing, I'm giving myself an extra month of summer, even just to situate myself to the changes in my life, and the fact I won't be able to graduate on the day I've been wanting too (6/6/6.)? I'm just hearing different people's opinions before taking a course of action. I, myself, think its rather futile to go the rest of the time and get nothing from it.

Saladin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2004, 02:49:53 AM »

it depends on your stance on education, like if you really want to learn or not. Then again, not much goes on near the end of school except for Finals. I don't know if i personally would want to go back to school and know that my friends are going ahead and not me

I have become Death; destroyer of worlds.
--J. Robert Oppenheimer upon witnessing the explosion of the first atomic bomb
[/font]
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
[/font]
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: