BPsite Forums
May 13, 2024, 08:42:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Things I need to do.  (Read 18650 times)
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: May 04, 2004, 03:24:47 PM »

Now that my coursework is over, and I'm almost free from uni, I'll be getting my arse back in gear and getting on with doing stuff that needs doing.
So, being a logical and well-organised person ([insert photos of anarchic room]), I'm going to type out a list of the things that need doing, to help remember what they are and also to act as a checklist.
However, being a wonderful, yet sometimes forgetful, genius I came up with the idea of putting the list on here, so that if I forget to add anything then y'all can prompt me, and if I start slacking, I'll get poked with a thousand tiny fingers. Well... maybe ten, at most, but it'll feel like a thousand.
So, in a vague order of precedence, here we go:

1. HC FTP app - improve ui, redo directory functions, add file functions, check for bugs. (Target: ASAP.) Done. :alien:
2. The Royal Chestnut - continue the story (Target: Before 8th May.) Done. :cool:
3. Fate of Nations - finalise story/histories, complete website & forums, implement game mechanics, improve game interface, etc. (Target: ASAP.)
4. BPSITE - rewrite in XML so skins/styles can be used, port current design to skin/style, write a non-pitch black skin/style. (Target: 4th June.) (All Done). :ph34r:
5. Mindteam - fix bugs, prepare questions, restart. Some stuff done so far... on target for 30th July. (Target: Before 30th July, pref. by 1st July)
6. LAUNCHpad2 - finalise design, create application, update website. (Target: Undefined*)
7. The Dune Mod - textures, character models, item models, game levels, put it all together, etc. (Target: Undefined*)
8. EmoteWars - complete site, add content. (Target: Undefined*)
9. Ri'than Lian - make it more than just a text editor (ie: add the advanced search & replace functionality). (Target: Undefined*)
10. The Royal Library of Cairhien - fix layout problems, imrove CMS, add content. (Target: Undefined*)
11. ColdFusion Forum - re-plan features, database layout, interface, code backend, code frontend, add features, etc. (Target: Undefined*)

*Undefined targets are those which will be set once Fate of Nations is either complete, or close enough that I feel able to give an accurate predictions for the other projects.

Feel free to ask questions about those projects here, except for Fate of Nations, which has it's own thread, or The Dune Mod, which has it's own forums. Oh and LAUNCHpad has it's own forum too. Oh, crap, and The Royal Chestnut or Ri'than Lian questions can go in the RP forum. Blast it! Mindteam also has it's own forum. Oh well, that still leaves five things. Except don't ask about the CF forum; I don't know much about it yet. Tongue
Oh and to save you asking, because it's inevitable, HC FTP app is an FTP application for Hybridchill. Doesn't concern anyone here, other than being the reason for not immediately starting FoN.
So, three projects you can ask about, if you really want to. Unless I've forgotten anything - which is something else you can post here for.

Any questions?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 04:37:17 PM by SS » Logged

Peter 'SpectralShadows' Boughton,
Seeker of Perfection, BPsite Sitelord.

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 03:46:10 PM »

what, you couldn't find any ftp clients that you liked out there? You hate every single one so much you got inspired to write one?  :blink:  

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 04:02:23 PM »

Nah, this isn't a real FTP client, it does magical extra stuff and emulates additional FTP accounts for other people.
(Namely Drek from the Marine Bot Team, who will be able to do stuff to the MB forums without going through me.)

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming
defiance with the last breath, to spit in the Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 04:33:39 PM »

10. The Royal Library of Cairhien

building in your garden again?

Yiff Hunter says:
and the last question do u get a sudden eye twicth and shudder wen i say :

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
rite ive declared u imorally peasant like
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 04:34:50 PM »

:hehe:

I wish.

mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2004, 04:39:36 PM »

mmm i wish i had a garden that big

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2004, 04:41:40 PM »

I don't even have a garden here. At home the back garden is about six-by-eight metres, I'd guess.

mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2004, 04:50:43 PM »

mnes not much off that, it got seriously shortened 2 years ago when we extendeed our house too

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2004, 06:05:43 PM »

1. Ripper

2. HC FTP app - improve ui, redo directory functions, add file functions, check for bugs. (Target: ASAP/5th May.)
3. The Royal Chestnut - continue the story (Target: Before 8th May.)
4. Fate of Nations - finalise story/histories, complete website & forums, implement game mechanics, improve game interface, etc. (Target: ASAP.)
5. BPSITE - rewrite in XML so skins/styles can be used, port current design to skin/style, write a non-pitch black skin/style. (Target: 4th June.)
6. Mindteam - fix bugs, prepare questions, restart. (Target: Before 30th July, pref. by 1st July)
7. LAUNCHpad2 - finalise design, create application, update website. (Target: Undefined*)
8. The Dune Mod - textures, character models, item models, game levels, put it all together, etc. (Target: Undefined*)
9. EmoteWars - complete site, add content. (Target: Undefined*)
10. Ri'than Lian - make it more than just a text editor (ie: add the advanced search & replace functionality). (Target: Undefined*)
11. The Royal Library of Cairhien - fix layout problems, imrove CMS, add content. (Target: Undefined*)
12. ColdFusion Forum - re-plan features, database layout, interface, code backend, code frontend, add features, etc. (Target: Undefined*)

Much better now..... Smiley

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
Perdition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2004, 06:58:57 PM »

you want SS to "do" you  :blink:  
SS
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2004, 07:53:14 PM »

:blink:  :unsure:  :paranoid:  Shocked  

matt_the_shark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2004, 08:22:38 PM »

*shoves ripper back in the closet*

i thought i told you to stay there! :hmmm:

mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2004, 08:54:51 PM »

*dump tackles imagination* no!

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says:
RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2004, 09:42:13 PM »

Il do SS after Ive finished with Mole......  :hehe:  

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
mole
Mods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2004, 09:58:10 PM »

i hope thats a nice kinda finished  :paranoid:  

Yiff Hunter says:

CLEAN?
RipperRoo says:
yes
Yiff Hunter says: