BPsite Forums
May 06, 2024, 05:59:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BPSITE FOREVER!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hoping for a new computer  (Read 13916 times)
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2004, 05:30:46 AM »

its easier than it looks. screw it in. plug it in. rinse. repeat. and you're done. Well, of course there's the configuring everything, but thats another story.

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

RipperRoo

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2004, 03:30:02 PM »

What im inteding to do when i change Mobo, is take the plug out of the current one, stick in straight into the new one....

"How could you be intimidated by a woman who had told you in dead seriousness that there were one hundred and seven different kisses, and ninety-three ways to touch a man's face with your hand?" --Min--
"Ohh my feet are getting hotter than a flame grilled otte
evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2004, 04:16:37 PM »

if i do make my own computer, i know that im gonna take the processor and the RAM outta this one. definatly the stuff on the hardrive as well, cause it has uhhhhh, "pictures", that are no longer available, as transfur.com has now officially stopped hosting their sites.

HaHa. This post cost SS .5 cents! So Sayeth the Evilknight.
Hmmm. The court will take a 15 minute recess to fix the judicial...bench...thingy. ~Ethan
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2004, 06:37:59 PM »

id up the ram, assumin its rd. rd ram can only be upgraded in pairs. ie, if you want 512, you need to put in two 256 sticks. if you dont have enough ram already, id definitely upgrade that. Getting a nice video card will definitely reduce the strain, but then again.....I have a 128mb video card and 512 mb ram, and i still need a crapload of virtual memory. If i dont get a new computer soon, im going to upgrade to 1gb.

1 posts to [span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'][/s]BURSEG!!![/u][/size][/span][/b]
"If you ever find yourself on the side of the Majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain[/color]

evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2004, 06:42:44 PM »

goddamnit, i figured out what kind of ram i had yesterday, and now ive forgoten.
i remember fusionx showed me a pic of it.

Hmmm. The court will take a 15 minute recess to fix the judicial...bench...thingy. ~Ethan
FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2004, 06:51:11 PM »

RDRAM:

DDR RAM:

evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2004, 06:53:00 PM »

well, i know that my old computer used the 2nd ram, and they said it wouldnt work on my new computer, so im guessing this one must use the first. Wink  

FragMaster1972

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2004, 06:56:01 PM »

yeah, thats rdram. in that case id definitely upgrade.

and go on aim if you want ut2k4....

evilknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2004, 06:57:05 PM »

ok, thx.

and im on.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: